Welcome, Guest

Make it to Yeshiva
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Make it to Yeshiva 98494 Views

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 30 Nov 2022 13:23 #388577

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 30 Nov 2022 06:40:
No intro.
I won’t explain.
Very close to meeting someone in person, real none jewish girl.
Not getting into more right now.

Told her I’m Jewish so we can’t touch, marry etc so won’t work…
So she said we can just be “good friends.”
Not writing more right now.
Yes I know.
Help me to not ruin my life cuz she lives 15 min away and I’ll give in…

Send mussar but only positive mussar.
This happened just now when I began entering into a deeper more painful part of my trauma..
Gn

The following may help from pages 230-231 in the battle of the generation.  My therapist also recommended this method to me. 

On a piece of paper, make a column for each option. Designate the top of each column for the positives of that choice and the bottom for the negatives. First, in the column of the option you wish you could choose, jot down in the positives section that you want it and why. Then for each choice, write all the positives and negatives. List any emotional factors that make you prefer that choice among the positives, and anything that causes discomfort with the negatives. This includes social pressure or that you will feel you missed out. Don’t hide your emotions. They are normal. Don’t be embarrassed. Get them out on paper. Your sole objective is to make the best decision, which you need clarity for. In fact, your desire for that choice will be factored into the decision — you will go with that choice if it’s appropriate and smart. Once you have acknowledged these feelings, they will no longer hide beneath the surface, swaying your decision and making you feel overwhelmed.

Next, ask yourself: What do I expect to happen as a result of each choice? Play it out in your mind, and write it down in the appropriate section. Note all the short and long-term benefits and issues each option yields, including pleasure, happiness, feeling good about yourself, regret, or achieving your dreams of attaining unique success. Get everything out in the open.
Clarifying all this calms your desires. You will still care about getting what you want, which is fine. But you won’t want to do anything foolish or damaging to get it. By having all our desires, agendas, and benefits clearly defined, and by accepting that we do desire and that indulging does provide some enjoyment, we will make a satisfying decision without feeling overwhelmed.
And amazingly, we might find that what we want has changed now that our desires are no longer confusing us from beneath the surface.
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.
Last Edit: 30 Nov 2022 13:24 by vehkam.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 30 Nov 2022 15:43 #388594

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
It started with on Sunday my therapist wanted me writing a letter to the part of myself that was abused, and the thought of confronting that child has made me freak out etc so that’s what happened.
I’m just in so much pain…

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 30 Nov 2022 17:34 #388598

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 30 Nov 2022 15:43:
It started with on Sunday my therapist wanted me writing a letter to the part of myself that was abused, and the thought of confronting that child has made me freak out etc so that’s what happened.

That’s hard and real tough 

No need to confront anything. 
Maybe that’s what is frightening you?

It’s a reality that many of us have to deal with unfortunately. If it helps, know we are here for you!!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 30 Nov 2022 18:07 #388600

• chancy
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
 Hi YG,
Let me share a personal story probably my biggest struggle . I'm only sharing it because maybe you will be able to gain strength from this. 
I worked in big company which had a lot of employees. There was this young non Jewish girl that started getting very friendly with me.  very feisty and independent and very funny and warm. my fantasy come true. The problem as that she liked me as well. I knew I just had to say the word and she would do what i want when i want. But i considered myself to be a erliche yid so I didn't even allow her to touch me. We would go to company parties and she would beg me to dance with her and i would say no I cant. This was the most excruciating pain I've ever been in. My heart was shred into pieces. My mind was started to come up with serous issues like " who says this whole Shomer Ngia is a problem? maybe some extremists came up with it?" and it went further into all kinds of questions into my yidishkeit.... Everything i believed in was tasted because if anything was not true i would be able to do what i want. 
I had to take a full inventory of what i know to be true and what i believe and how strongly i believe in the torah and tzadikkim. It was a nightmare. As a result of all of this soul searching, I got much stronger in my yidishkeit overall. And i started getting better in this area as well. 
But this was a huge struggle for me, so Hashem helped me (not the GYE user, the real one...) and she quite suddenly and that was it. I've met her one or twice since at business functions, but it was much easier already. 
So I'm hoping that you learn that its just not worth it, its that simple. and the truth is that you really don't hold there you are a erliche yid and this is way beyond the regular looking at women on the street or online. we have very holy neshamas and this is something far removed from us. Your YH is fooling you by telling you that this is something you might want. Maybe a tiny part of you wants but your essence does not. I promise you that. 
Good luck and stay strong

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 30 Nov 2022 20:28 #388623

• no mask
  • Current streak: 605 days
  • Gold Boarder

You guys are tzadikim !!!

I have no words

How do you have such strengths

You lifted heavy weights

Continue inspiring  us

No Mask

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 30 Nov 2022 20:52 #388627

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
No intro.
I won’t explain.

Yes I know.

This happened just now when I began entering into a deeper more painful part of my trauma..
Gn

Shulchan Aruch, Even Ha'Ezer 16. Here’s a rough translation:

A Jewish man who has relations with a gentile woman in a way of marriage gets Malkus (flogging) from the Torah, as it says "thou shall not marry them". But one who has relations (as a one time thing), is chayev on the Issur Derabanan of "Kusis" (non-Jewish relations) and "zonah", and he receives "makas Mardus" - (flogging de'rabanan). And if he designates her as a "girl friend" for him, (not for marriage but also not just as a one time thing), then our Sages made a gezeira (See Gemara Avoda Zara 36b – from Beis Chashmona'im, which preceded the Mishna by a few hundred years!) that he is chayev on Nashga"z, which stands for 4 different Issurim derabanan: "Niddah", Shifcha", "Goya", "Zonah".

Also, (one who has relations with a non-Jewish woman, zealots may kill him during the act, as we see by the story of Pinchas. This is Halacha LeMoshe Mi’sinai – Kana’im Pogim Bo) if he was not killed by zealots and did not receive flogging by Beis Din, his punishment is clear in Tanach that he is chayav Kares, as it says: "For Yehudah has defiled the holy by loving and having relations with gentile women and Hashem will "cut off" (Kares) the man who has done thus…”

Until here are the words of the Shulchan Aruch.

You can also see the same Halachos in the Rambam, Hilchos Issurei Biyah, Perek 12.

Besides for this, The Gemara in Avoda Zara 5a writes that when a person transgresses a sin (with a non-Jewish woman), she is bound to his soul in the next world like a dog… Like it says by Yosef Hatzadik, that he didn’t listen to the wife of Potifar “to lay with her, to be with her”. (The Gemara learns from the double wording): “To lay with her in this world, and to be with her in the next world”.

The Gemara in Eruvin 19a writes that Avraham Avinu sits at the entrance of Gehenom and pulls out from there those who needed to spend some time there, besides for those who had relations with non-Jewish women. This is because when he is with her, she pulls the fore-skin of his member upwards (she doesn’t like that he had a bris milla) and therefore Avraham doesn’t recognize him (to take him out of Gehinom).

The Maharil explains this simply to mean that when a Jewish man is with a non-Jewish woman, he wishes he would not have had a bris mila, and this “wish” cuts him off spiritually from Avraham Avinu who was the first to make a Bris Milla, and therefore Avraham doesn’t pull him out of Gehenom.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 30 Nov 2022 21:11 #388630

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
DavidT wrote on 30 Nov 2022 20:52:

No intro.
I won’t explain.

Yes I know.

Gn

A Jewish man who has relations with a gentile woman in a way of marriage gets Malkus (flogging) from the Torah, as it says "thou shall not marry them". But one who has relations (as a one time thing), is chayev on the Issur Derabanan of "Kusis" (non-Jewish relations) and "zonah", and he receives "makas Mardus" - (flogging de'rabanan). And if he designates her as a "girl friend" for him, (not for marriage but also not just as a one time thing), then our Sages made a gezeira (See Gemara Avoda Zara 36b – from Beis Chashmona'im, which preceded the Mishna by a few hundred years!) that he is chayev on Nashga"z, which stands for 4 different Issurim derabanan: "Niddah", Shifcha", "Goya", "Zonah".

Also, (one who has relations with a non-Jewish woman, zealots may kill him during the act, as we see by the story of Pinchas. This is Halacha LeMoshe Mi’sinai – Kana’im Pogim Bo) if he was not killed by zealots and did not receive flogging by Beis Din, his punishment is clear in Tanach that he is chayav Kares, as it says: "For Yehudah has defiled the holy by loving and having relations with gentile women and Hashem will "cut off" (Kares) the man who has done thus…”

You can also see the same Halachos in the Rambam, Hilchos Issurei Biyah, Perek 12.

Besides for this, The Gemara in Avoda Zara 5a writes that when a person transgresses a sin (with a non-Jewish woman), she is bound to his soul in the next world like a dog… Like it says by Yosef Hatzadik, that he didn’t listen to the wife of Potifar “to lay with her, to be with her”. (The Gemara learns from the double wording): “To lay with her in this world, and to be with her in the next world”.

The Gemara in Eruvin 19a writes that Avraham Avinu sits at the entrance of Gehenom and pulls out from there those who needed to spend some time there, besides for those who had relations with non-Jewish women. This is because when he is with her, she pulls the fore-skin of his member upwards (she doesn’t like that he had a bris milla) and therefore Avraham doesn’t recognize him (to take him out of Gehinom).

The Maharil explains this simply to mean that when a Jewish man is with a non-Jewish woman, he wishes he would not have had a bris mila, and this “wish” cuts him off spiritually from Avraham Avinu who was the first to make a Bris Milla, and therefore Avraham doesn’t pull him out of Gehenom.

good thing he asked for positive mussar only.
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 01 Dec 2022 00:03 #388646

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder

No intro.
I won’t explain.

Yes I know.

Gn

Very well written.
But I hope you have a separate post for those who did fall and are looking a way to do tshuva.
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 01 Dec 2022 01:18 #388653

No intro.
I won’t explain.

Yes I know.

Gn

it seems that you are in a lot of pain right now. 
for what it’s worth, i empathize with your situation, and it is a very difficult one to be in. 
it might help to think that starting a relationship with this girl is really just a quick fix, a way out of your pain - but not a real solution. 
Whatever happens, whatever decisions you make, please have compassion for yourself. 
im praying for you. 

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 01 Dec 2022 02:55 #388659

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
FighterWithFire wrote on 30 Nov 2022 06:58:

No intro.
I won’t explain.

Yes I know.

Gn

Hey YG. Think of how far you’ve come, how many battles you’ve fought, how much effort you’ve invested into beating this monster. Don’t give into it now! You’ve climbed a mountain higher than Everest-don’t willingly throw yourself off back to the bottom! 

YOU CAN DO THIS! 

Thank You. I don’t know if I’ve climbed that high but thanks for the sentiment 

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 01 Dec 2022 03:34 #388662

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 30 Nov 2022 12:37:
You are too great for this buddy. Such she'ifos in life. Such bikush. A diamond like you belongs in a protective vessel, not in a cesspool. She will never appreciate you. Say no. Hakadosh Boruch Hu will have immense nachas beyond our comprehension and imagination.

The entire day this one line that you wrote kept playing in my mind “she will never appreciate you.”
That’s the only thing that means something to me because it’s at the root of it all…

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 01 Dec 2022 03:38 #388663

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 30 Nov 2022 17:34:

YeshivaGuy wrote on 30 Nov 2022 15:43:

That’s hard and real tough 

No need to confront anything. 
Maybe that’s what is frightening you?

It’s a reality that many of us have to deal with unfortunately. If it helps, know we are here for you!!

Thank You.
It is though what I think I need to confront, at least at some time, and to say it’s frightening me is an understatement…
And you being here for me does mean the world

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 01 Dec 2022 04:49 #388669

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
chancy wrote on 30 Nov 2022 18:07:
 Hi YG,
Let me share a personal story probably my biggest struggle . I'm only sharing it because maybe you will be able to gain strength from this. 
I worked in big company which had a lot of employees. There was this young non Jewish girl that started getting very friendly with me.  very feisty and independent and very funny and warm. my fantasy come true. The problem as that she liked me as well. I knew I just had to say the word and she would do what i want when i want. But i considered myself to be a erliche yid so I didn't even allow her to touch me. We would go to company parties and she would beg me to dance with her and i would say no I cant. This was the most excruciating pain I've ever been in. My heart was shred into pieces. My mind was started to come up with serous issues like " who says this whole Shomer Ngia is a problem? maybe some extremists came up with it?" and it went further into all kinds of questions into my yidishkeit.... Everything i believed in was tasted because if anything was not true i would be able to do what i want. 
I had to take a full inventory of what i know to be true and what i believe and how strongly i believe in the torah and tzadikkim. It was a nightmare. As a result of all of this soul searching, I got much stronger in my yidishkeit overall. And i started getting better in this area as well. 
But this was a huge struggle for me, so Hashem helped me (not the GYE user, the real one...) and she quite suddenly and that was it. I've met her one or twice since at business functions, but it was much easier already. 
So I'm hoping that you learn that its just not worth it, its that simple. and the truth is that you really don't hold there you are a erliche yid and this is way beyond the regular looking at women on the street or online. we have very holy neshamas and this is something far removed from us. Your YH is fooling you by telling you that this is something you might want. Maybe a tiny part of you wants but your essence does not. I promise you that. 
Good luck and stay strong

Thank You for sharing and showing that you relate to this situation. And good job staying strong.
Thank You as well for following my thread and being vulnerable in order to help me.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 01 Dec 2022 05:53 #388675

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder

No intro.
I won’t explain.

Yes I know.

Gn

Edit: I posted a response to the above but decided on my own volition to take it down for a variety of reasons. Increased sensitivity in the future would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

Tell me how to live a life alive.
To strive for the greatness that is truly mine to own.
Encourage me that I have a future, and even a present, worth living and fighting for.

YeshivaGuy

Last Edit: 01 Dec 2022 08:07 by yeshivaguy.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 01 Dec 2022 06:10 #388677

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
TheYoungerTwin wrote on 01 Dec 2022 01:18:

No intro.
I won’t explain.

Yes I know.

Gn

it seems that you are in a lot of pain right now. 
for what it’s worth, i empathize with your situation, and it is a very difficult one to be in. 
it might help to think that starting a relationship with this girl is really just a quick fix, a way out of your pain - but not a real solution. 
Whatever happens, whatever decisions you make, please have compassion for yourself. 
im praying for you. 

Yes my dear friend, you are so so right.
And thank you so much for showing your care in such a time for me it means so much.
The key really is what your saying, compassion, and not punishing myself with destructive behavior.
If you’d have an eitza perhaps on how to show myself compassion I’d appreciate it. 
Thank You.
Time to create page: 0.95 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes