Welcome, Guest

Make it to Yeshiva
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Make it to Yeshiva 98500 Views

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 17 Aug 2022 14:19 #384793

• frank.lee
  • Current streak: 333 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Maybe even though/because you get such a thrill, you should make a geder to not shmooze with her at all? If you need to talk, just keep it to the minimum, formal, no eye contact?
Last Edit: 17 Aug 2022 14:20 by frank.lee.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 17 Aug 2022 19:46 #384809

• lchaim tovim
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Gold Boarder
YG, I totally get the attraction and frustration you feel.

​There's always going to be these potential situations  (even after your married) if not a second cousin, then a family friend, neighbor, friends wife, co-worker etc.

If the reason for this DMC is your dating and want to see if she can be  your partner for life, then great. Otherwise, try to stay away especially after 2AM. Nothing good ever happens after 2 AM  -HIMYM (or at any time for that matter).

But what about Kavod habriyos? It's just pretend -BF
Last Edit: 17 Aug 2022 19:53 by lchaim tovim.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 17 Aug 2022 23:44 #384833

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
frank.lee wrote on 17 Aug 2022 14:19:
Maybe even though/because you get such a thrill, you should make a geder to not shmooze with her at all? If you need to talk, just keep it to the minimum, formal, no eye contact?

Good idea I suppose, I don’t want to though.
Not expecting a different result if my will remains the same however

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 17 Aug 2022 23:45 #384834

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Lchaim Tovim wrote on 17 Aug 2022 19:46:

​There's always going to be these potential situations  (even after your married) if not a second cousin, then a family friend, neighbor, friends wife, co-worker etc.

If the reason for this DMC is your dating and want to see if she can be  your partner for life, then great. Otherwise, try to stay away especially after 2AM. Nothing good ever happens after 2 AM  -HIMYM (or at any time for that matter).

You’re right.
May you please elaborate on your point about Kavod Habriyos?

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 18 Aug 2022 00:28 #384836

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
@Grant400 I would really appreciate hearing from you. Hope you’re well

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 18 Aug 2022 01:03 #384843

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 17 Aug 2022 23:45:

You’re right.

It's a line from a song from like 20 years ago from Blue Fringe. For us old guys. (It's called Flippin Out)
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 18 Aug 2022 02:10 #384845

I remember that line, but I never got it. Anyone care to explain?

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 18 Aug 2022 14:31 #384863

• lchaim tovim
  • Gold Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 17 Aug 2022 23:45:

You’re right.

Sorry, was just a joke I was quoting from the old Blue Fringe song "Flippin Out". 

The basic idea is, that we need to rationalize why we're talking to girls, so we use the pretext of kavod Habriyos.
Last Edit: 18 Aug 2022 15:08 by lchaim tovim.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 19 Aug 2022 03:49 #384908

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Heading home.
No I didn’t change my ways and continued again with her from 12-4AM and was way more intense…

Anyway, I’m trying to not masterbate/see bad vids.
Missing the intimate gazing into each other’s eyes for frequent periods of 6 seconds in silence…

Trying to move on. I’ll bring it up in therapy. Idk what to do…
Have to choose between two job offers for this coming year. 2nd meeting is in the morning so will see what happens.

Really missing her, the empathy, love and affection. 

Comment away…

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 19 Aug 2022 04:15 #384909

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 15 Aug 2022 04:24:
Over Shabbos I had nonstop anxiety, was really bad. Was at a Rabbis house and helping with his kids etc which was great bh.
Kept having trauma flashbacks and associations though and on Friday as well which was terribly painful.

Last night got progressively too painful so forced myself to masterbate and watched a little bad to do it.

Its such a weird time in my life.
Exciting, liberating, yet terrifying because I’ve never before met this new person whom I see in the mirror.
Some things about him I like but many things I don’t…

Hey YG I’m a soft spoken guy, but don’t have the gift of the gab in person, and definitely not in writing, to be able to respond with the most sensitivity and shared pain I feel and many of us do about your anxiety and trauma. And bravo to you that you’re trying your best to deal with it!

I’m not blaming anyone here, but I think it’s not right that you guys seemed to ignore the searing pain and only respond to our brother YeshivaGuy about shomer negia and all the other wonderful stuff.
Do YG a favor and write a new response, which I’m sure you can all do.

And Reb YG keep working through the hard stuff and how to deal with your parents etc - with support / groups, because the more you can progress in recovery, the better a decision you’ll make in choosing a life partner.
YOURE DESERVING OF EMPATHY AND LOVE!

I know it’s tough, but YOU can do it, and you are!
KEEP IT UP!! 
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 19 Aug 2022 04:19 by Markz. Reason: Because YG deserves support, ok???

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 19 Aug 2022 13:50 #384923

• lchaim tovim
  • Gold Boarder
Markz is absolutely right. I'm sorry for jumping into the technicalities and not being sensitive.

I'm no stranger to anxiety and understand how it can completely take over your life. No doubt that the craving for empathy, love and affection is so much more especially when your working on stopping the easy escape that P&M provides (that alone is a testament to the strength and courage you have).

Your going to find the right girl, and every hard step that your taking now will help with life later on. I know that this doesn't make it easier  but your fighting the good fight and have won many of the battles already. I was not able to do the work that you are doing when I was single.
Last Edit: 19 Aug 2022 13:53 by lchaim tovim. Reason: Bec. Markz, is right! YG, you're awesome.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 19 Aug 2022 22:57 #384948

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
10 Days Clean!!

Fell last night (after got back from the ppl..)
Then saw bad vids/masterbated twice today.

Got great news thank GD bout this upcoming year with the job, I accepted it.
Nonetheless still gave in…

Obviously from these intense emotional encounters with sexual undertones (at least from my end).

Looking to start up anew.
Gonna try running to the Mikva before candle lighting. Haven’t gone in along time.
Last time I went I was triggered badly from trauma, this is risky but prob will risk it.

I shouldn’t have the gentech pin code to make changes, such a stupid idea…..

Driving like 8 hours in total on Sunday to Go2 therapy, I have meetings, and gotta fully pack out of Yeshiva this coming week.

Exciting times.
Not clear what positive to take from this past week but either way I’m looking to move forward , embrace and experience this future I’ve yet to know.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 19 Aug 2022 23:31 #384949

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Update: Mikva’s locked.
Hopefuly it’s not GD telling me to get lost…

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 20 Aug 2022 22:42 #384954

• frank.lee
  • Current streak: 333 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem is telling you He loves you! Rabba emunasecha!!! Every day, every breath, Hashem keeps you alive and pumping! Hashem knows you will reach greatness!!

Not sure if you are done there or it can come up again, but do you realize you are playing with fire? Stop before you hurt yourself and her chas vesahlom! I think it was in the parsha today...

Be smart! Hatzlacha on all your inner work and inspiring us!

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 21 Aug 2022 02:28 #384959

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Gut vuch,

@frank.lee, and whoever else is reading this, yes I’m aware of the situation.

Here’s the context of the “late night shmuzing” I did.
Without explaining details, I had to share a room with my mother where I was.
For myriads of reasons that was painful and traumatic.

So I didn’t want to be there when everyone was going to bed.
Only other option was to stay behind.
And yes I chose to do this “late night shmuzing” rather than engage in the overwhelming pain awaiting me downstairs.

As for whether it can happen now again.
It won’t, we’re far from each other now.

As for the whole “Hashem loves you thing,” not my speed but thanks anyway.

As far as “be smart.”
I recommend not telling people that.
Last Edit: 21 Aug 2022 02:31 by yeshivaguy.
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes