Welcome, Guest

"Just regular movies "
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: "Just regular movies " 15771 Views

Re: "Just regular movies " 22 Feb 2021 04:08 #363921

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevura Shebyesod wrote on 19 Feb 2021 21:15:
I have some extra salt if you need it...

Can the general weather the Storm on his own or does he need a MONSTAH plow?

I’m worried for you - hope you’re not in some fangled pile up some where miles away from home, slipping and sliding down the snowy you tube...
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: "Just regular movies " 22 Feb 2021 21:34 #363984

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder

Thanks for your concern, both those on the forum and in private message. I am doing great thank God. I got past the hump when I started to slide carelessly. I'm in a much better place right now, and completely in control. Honestly, the reason I haven't been around so much is because I have a lot on my plate right now and I am real busy. Hopefully things will calm down when the next few weeks although I'm not all that sure. I'd like to get back to my regular activities here, as it helps me immensely.

Last Edit: 22 Feb 2021 21:36 by grant400.

Re: "Just regular movies " 11 Mar 2021 05:39 #365228

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Your almost at day 150, wow! Mazel Tov!
Hope you’re doing well...

Re: "Just regular movies " 23 Mar 2021 01:11 #365906

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
So I need the oilams opinion. I have an app on my phone that is a regular app, not a social media app that I need for business. I was told that there is problematic content on it and it was driving me crazy for a long time knowing that maybe it's there. I decided to check out and see for myself because knowing it isn't will take a load off of me on a daily basis. I checked and unfortunately there was terrible images. I stayed around for way too long.

My question is, is it a fall? I only looked with a good reason, but I ended up getting pulled in. Deep in. What's the oilams take?

Re: "Just regular movies " 23 Mar 2021 01:20 #365909

• lou
  • Platinum Boarder
Grant400 wrote on 23 Mar 2021 01:11:
So I need the oilams opinion. I have an app on my phone that is a regular app, not a social media app that I need for business. I was told that there is problematic content on it and it was driving me crazy for a long time knowing that maybe it's there. I decided to check out and see for myself because knowing it isn't will take a load off of me on a daily basis. I checked and unfortunately there was terrible images. I stayed around for way too long.

My question is, is it a fall? I only looked with a good reason, but I ended up getting pulled in. Deep in. What's the oilams take?

I think this is a decision that can only be made by you. Only you know exactly what happened and what your intentions were while you were doing it. Your honesty in posting this very commendable and it is a great lesson for all of us.
Hatzlocha with your decision!

Re: "Just regular movies " 23 Mar 2021 01:25 #365911

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder

I could hear a good tzad to call it not a fall since by the time you were in the matzav and saw the picture your bechira was hampered. Personally I think it would depend on whether you initially looked 100% lsheim Shamayim/to take off the burden, and not like 40% for taiva and hid behind this notion. (Not chalila judging or criticizing, just trying to help).
Last Edit: 23 Mar 2021 01:31 by yeshivaguy.

Re: "Just regular movies " 23 Mar 2021 01:26 #365912

• sapy
  • Platinum Boarder
Whichever way will help you going forward imho

Re: "Just regular movies " 23 Mar 2021 01:30 #365913

• sapy
  • Platinum Boarder
Grant400 wrote on 03 Sep 2020 21:29:
Ok. So I fell. At least I think I did. I downloaded a new app and was suspicious that it had access to inappropriate content (like nude images) , and I decided that I can't live with having suspicions that I have access to triggering content. It would be a constant battle that I may lose on a bad day with bad consequences. 

I said to myself, let me check now that I'm doing very good and if there's anything there I'll immediately uninstall and block the app. Well. It was way worse than I expected (only images though,  and not terrible ones just something that rhymes with "mood") . And I lingered for much longer than expected (or wanted, I should've expected it actually). Now I uninstalled the app and blocked it.

So here's my question: Is it a fall? I mean I know I probably shouldn't have checked, but I still had somewhat of a point. Or did I? Was it all an excuse? Please help me decide. (It isn't only about the streak, it's about me feeling disgusting or just thinking that I shouldn't use such excuses even if it made somewhat sense in the future) 

Grant

Grant I remembered you had a similar situation in the past... was it also the same app lol?
Last Edit: 23 Mar 2021 01:31 by sapy.

Re: "Just regular movies " 23 Mar 2021 01:31 #365914

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 23 Mar 2021 01:25:

How long is “way too long”? And what’s called “deep in”? Like examining each intricate detail?
And was it a fight to stop looking when you did? Or was it after your “fill”?

Good question. Like 10 min or so. Definitely did some examining....dont think I stopped when the desire was burning as strong, but I believe it was before I was done...but everything is tainted by negius... 

Re: "Just regular movies " 23 Mar 2021 01:32 #365915

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
I since edited my post, feel free to check it out now

Re: "Just regular movies " 23 Mar 2021 01:36 #365917

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
Sapy wrote on 23 Mar 2021 01:30:

Grant400 wrote on 03 Sep 2020 21:29:
Ok. So I fell. At least I think I did. I downloaded a new app and was suspicious that it had access to inappropriate content (like nude images) , and I decided that I can't live with having suspicions that I have access to triggering content. It would be a constant battle that I may lose on a bad day with bad consequences. 

I said to myself, let me check now that I'm doing very good and if there's anything there I'll immediately uninstall and block the app. Well. It was way worse than I expected (only images though,  and not terrible ones just something that rhymes with "mood") . And I lingered for much longer than expected (or wanted, I should've expected it actually). Now I uninstalled the app and blocked it.

So here's my question: Is it a fall? I mean I know I probably shouldn't have checked, but I still had somewhat of a point. Or did I? Was it all an excuse? Please help me decide. (It isn't only about the streak, it's about me feeling disgusting or just thinking that I shouldn't use such excuses even if it made somewhat sense in the future) 

Grant

Grant I remembered you had a similar situation in the past... was it also the same app lol?

Yes I know. No different app. That app is not allowed on my phone. For some reason my desire for something that may be there, is greater than for something I know is there and I stay away.

Re: "Just regular movies " 23 Mar 2021 01:37 #365918

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 23 Mar 2021 01:32:

I do believe it was for the real reason, bec recently I did this with a different thing and there was no problem. I was so relieved I decided to do the same with this. But there is always desire...so who knows? 

Re: "Just regular movies " 23 Mar 2021 01:44 #365919

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Grant400 wrote on 23 Mar 2021 01:37:

YeshivaGuy wrote on 23 Mar 2021 01:32:

I do believe it was for the real reason, bec recently I did this with a different thing and there was no problem. I was so relieved I decided to do the same with this. But there is always desire...so who knows? 

Aha, so I vote that it was a slip. Not a fall
Last Edit: 23 Mar 2021 01:45 by yeshivaguy.

Re: "Just regular movies " 23 Mar 2021 02:02 #365922

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
Uh oh...I'm feeling that feeling. C'mon you messed up nd saw things you haven't in almost a half year. You should probably just click I fell. Back to 0! You may as well enjoy tonight...

You're gonna feel the same guilt so at least enjoy as much as possible...
Last Edit: 23 Mar 2021 02:03 by grant400.

Re: "Just regular movies " 23 Mar 2021 02:04 #365923

• lou
  • Platinum Boarder
Grant400 wrote on 23 Mar 2021 02:02:
Uh oh...I'm feeling that feeling. C'mon you messed up nd saw things you haven't in almost a half year. You should probably just click I fell. Back to 0! You may as well enjoy tonight...

In that case there is no question you should just call it a slip and move on!
Hatzlocha!
Time to create page: 0.65 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes