Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: getting started 158 Views

getting started 25 Mar 2019 06:50 #339942

20 yr old bachur in yeshiva
been battling on my own for 4-5 yrs with short stints of success. Just found this website and hopefully will win the battle for once and for all. all the chizuk and tips would greatly help!  

Re: getting started 25 Mar 2019 12:50 #339946

• Dave M
  • Current streak: 111 days
  • Junior Boarder
Welcome and Hatzlacha!  No matter what, just keep on fighting.  You will have falls, but eventually you will be successful.

Re: getting started 25 Mar 2019 17:23 #339956

• bego
  • Current streak: 229 days
  • Senior Boarder
I found Yeshiva to be a hard time for me. Too much of bein Hasedorim was Hefker. That made me sad and sadness... 
i would suggest that you try to find healthy outlets even if they are not quite what Yeshiva is all about.
An eitzo - be wary of young married couples. 'Hamayvin Yovin
A thought: I sometimes found my taiveh was even worse for the frum girls. They used to drive me crazy!!!! I'm much older now and look back at myself and laugh. Just try hard. Don't beat yourself up if you fail. Its NOT all or nothing. 

Re: getting started 26 Mar 2019 01:47 #339978

• ColinColin
  • Current streak: 100 days
  • Gold Boarder
To win once and for all, you will have to have positive approach to life every day for the rest of your life.
It is not a battle that you fight once, an opponent you somehow "conquer", and can then relax for ever.
You have to be in an aware state of mind every day.

Re: getting started 29 Mar 2019 20:20 #340190

bh im in a dorm with no internet access, so in yeshiva theres no issue but at home(once a week or over the weekend) gets a little tougher. bh got my devices filtered and moved all tech devices out of my room to a public place as a geder. so far strong start 

Re: getting started 29 Mar 2019 20:22 #340191

i started the book battle of the generation by hillel s(newish book) which was endorsed greatly ny r shaifer(the shmuess guy). first bunch of chapters are exactly about that. thanks for pump!!

Re: getting started 29 Mar 2019 20:49 #340193

bego wrote on 25 Mar 2019 17:23:
I found Yeshiva to be a hard time for me. Too much of bein Hasedorim was Hefker. That made me sad and sadness... 
i would suggest that you try to find healthy outlets even if they are not quite what Yeshiva is all about.
An eitzo - be wary of young married couples. 'Hamayvin Yovin
A thought: I sometimes found my taiveh was even worse for the frum girls. They used to drive me crazy!!!! I'm much older now and look back at myself and laugh. Just try hard. Don't beat yourself up if you fail. Its NOT all or nothing. 

i think anyone thats on this site is yovin  
playing ball as outlets and helping out around. crazy how much time you have to help and do chesed when your not caught up in it

Re: getting started 31 Mar 2019 00:45 #340198

• doingtshuva
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Being curious made me lust !!!
bego wrote on 25 Mar 2019 17:23:
 Its NOT all or nothing. 

just every bit counts!
 NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!

I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.

Gye program + Handbook  -  Phone conferences  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum
Last Edit: 31 Mar 2019 00:53 by doingtshuva.

Re: getting started 05 Apr 2019 17:24 #340426

BH still going 11 days strong, still have yeshiva so its a bit easier but bein hazmanin is gonna have some real intense battles
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds