Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Starting up 34533 Views

Re: Starting up 15 Apr 2016 14:08 #284699

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
Back home for pesach. Still clean and hanging in there. Going to need to keep distracted for the next 3 weeks. 
Recently switched dorms. Now I'm in my rebbi's basement. Much better for me. People are always around. My rebbi is redoing some of his house so I've been helping him a lot to keep busy. My only concern is that it may be more complicated if I were to open up to him about my addiction and struggles. Being that I'm IN his house now and around him and his family much more. I'm also supposed to be the dorm counselor for the 6 high school guys also in his dorm. I was put there to make sure they don't have smartphones and to be the responsible adult. For the most part, they want me to make sure nothing innapropriate happens. 
Let Hashem Do His Job!

We need to jump off the conveyor belt of life and walk on our own.

You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Re: Starting up 20 Apr 2016 01:16 #285349

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
Still hanging on. Really stressed out at home. Made a deal with my partner that I'll at least text my rebbi by tomorrow night. I'll take things from there but I need to at least get things moving so the eventually happen. 
Let Hashem Do His Job!

You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings.

Re: Starting up 20 Apr 2016 01:36 #285353

• realsimcha
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
abd297 wrote on 20 Apr 2016 01:16:
Still hanging on. Really stressed out at home. Made a deal with my partner that I'll at least text my rebbi by tomorrow night. I'll take things from there but I need to at least get things moving so the eventually happen. 

Hey, look what it says next to your name: 22 days. Hard fought days of sobriety. Winning days. Win today as well. You have it in you. Just today. [and yes, say the same thing tom.]

Re: Starting up 20 Apr 2016 03:52 #285382

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks for the support. I just feel that I'm missing a big part of recovery. For me, streaks are just things that fuel my perfectionism. They need to be propelled by real recovery tools like group support, counseling, and the like. Sneaking off once in a while to go on GYE doesn't cut it. 
Now that I have a partner its a step in the right direction but I need more. 

Thats why I want to include my rebbi. He'll at the very least be there to give direction. At least I'll know that I'm making progress and that I'm not completely alone. It'll be a tool that's more real for me. There is a ton of great things about anonymous long distance stuff but it's a little abstract to be the sole recovery tool. 

Just looking for some last minute comments or advice before I inform my rebbi that we need to seriously sit down and talk about my lust issues. Thanks!
Let Hashem Do His Job!

Re: Starting up 20 Apr 2016 04:18 #285385

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
I like your plan, and the last line of your signature 
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Starting up 20 Apr 2016 04:21 #285386

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
Does anyone have any serious thoughts or concerns before I involve my rebbi? Mainly my new concern is me now being in his house and being the dorm counselor. See my previous posts.

Not sure, just trying to tie up the loose ends.
Let Hashem Do His Job!

Last Edit: 20 Apr 2016 04:22 by abd297.

Re: Starting up 20 Apr 2016 14:16 #285437

• Aryeh821
  • Current streak: 591 days
  • Gold Boarder
Let us know how it went 
Soberity is a journey NOT a destination 

Re: Starting up 20 Apr 2016 15:21 #285444

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
I'm just going to text him and let on a little to what the subject will be and see how things go from there. I keep falling into the perfectionist, over thinking, needing to be fully in control mode. 

Its really not in my hands at all so I'll just let go and let Hashem guide me through. It has always worked out that way. It just needs a little work to get to that place every time. 
Let Hashem Do His Job!

Re: Starting up 20 Apr 2016 16:10 #285451

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
abd297 wrote on 20 Apr 2016 15:21:
I'm just going to text him and let on a little to what the subject will be and see how things go from there. I keep falling into the perfectionist, over thinking, needing to be fully in control mode. 

Its really not in my hands at all so I'll just let go and let Hashem guide me through. It has always worked out that way. It just needs a little work to get to that place every time. 

If you're doing it, just jump in and go for it. Being in limbo has got to be hard

Re: Starting up 20 Apr 2016 18:17 #285469

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
For me, I've been in limbo for the past year. Doing this will be a huge jump for me. I think I can do it in way that will get the message across clear enough that it sets up a good situation to fully jump in. If it doesn't work I'll have to just go straight up. 
Let Hashem Do His Job!

Re: Starting up 21 Apr 2016 21:19 #285631

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
Just for the record on my own thread, I did text briefly with my rebbi. I said that we need to sit down and talk seriously about a problem that I've been struggling with for a long time. He said he'd love to sit down and try to help. I think this was a good set up. 
Let Hashem Do His Job!

Re: Starting up 22 Apr 2016 02:48 #285652

• Aryeh821
  • Current streak: 591 days
  • Gold Boarder
abd297 wrote:
Just for the record on my own thread, I did text briefly with my rebbi. I said that we need to sit down and talk seriously about a problem that I've been struggling with for a long time. He said he'd love to sit down and try to help. I think this was a good set up. 

Sounds Awsome keep us updated
Soberity is a journey NOT a destination 

Re: Starting up 22 Apr 2016 03:15 #285655

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
Nice, you're inspiring me to finally do the right thing and tell my rebbi. I plan on doing it after pesach.

Re: Starting up 22 Apr 2016 03:22 #285656

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Some guys say "Rebbi Shemiras Einayim is a struggle"

He will guide you to sefarim that will not help you get out off the world of lustaholicsm
(that's what I learnt from Dov)

If you're looking for true assistance, do yourself a favor and be honest what your struggle is about

There will be 3 reactions
1] He says "Go to hell you sheigetz", as a bachur recently mentioned. Tell him Rabbi Mark has reserved a front row seat there for him
2] He will be the perfect advisor for you
3] He will guide you in the right direction

So it's a win win win situation, no?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 22 Apr 2016 13:40 by Markz. Reason: Ⓜ️

Re: Starting up 22 Apr 2016 03:28 #285659

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Dov says - Some guys say "Rebbi Shemiras Einayim is a struggle"

He will guide you to sefarim that will not help you get out off the world of lustaholicsm

If you're looking for true assistance, do yourself a favor and be honest what your struggle is about

There will be 3 reactions

1] He says "Go to hell you sheigetz", as a bachur recently mentioned. Tell him Rabbi Mark has reserved a front row seat there for him

2] He will be the perfect advisor for you

3] He will guide you in the right direction

So it's a win win win situation, no?

Rebbeim still say number one? I thought that was out of style.
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes