Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Big Steps 149695 Views

Re: Big Steps 06 Feb 2017 14:12 #305027

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
HHM: I hear, but it's not happening. If I didn't do it for 89, I'm not doing it for 90. (I've hit 90 days a bunch of times). No length of sobriety yesterday guarantees sobriety today. I had 9 months and then I acted out for a month straight and I did things I had never done before.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com
Last Edit: 06 Feb 2017 14:12 by shlomo24.

Re: Big Steps 06 Feb 2017 15:57 #305032

• ehrliche.bochur
  • Current streak: 1678 days
  • Gold Boarder
Shlomo24 wrote on 05 Feb 2017 22:17:
(Speaking of which, I only read sports news now because the political climate is so volatile and it feeds my resentments and anger. And I'm a Republican even).

Wow. I only read the politics. But I like to make machlokes
-"Все наши слова - пустой звук, если наше сердце не с нами"

-"есть око видят и ухо слышащее и все твои дела записываются в книгу
Last Edit: 06 Feb 2017 15:58 by ehrliche.bochur. Reason: typo

Re: Big Steps 10 Feb 2017 05:24 #305504

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo24 wrote on 05 Feb 2017 22:17:
Also, I haven't been so active on the forums because A) Life (I have a very busy schedule) B ) I am working my 4th step right now and I don't feel in a secure enough state to respond on the forum for many items. ....  Although, I do love the "Daily Quote" section. I think I check it every day. Very nice and not very political.

Thanks Shlomo. You touch my heart.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Big Steps 07 Mar 2017 14:27 #307677

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
Today is 4 months of sobriety! And tomorrow, God willing, will be 90 days of sobriety for alcohol.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Re: Big Steps 07 Mar 2017 14:37 #307678

• cordnoy
Shlomo24 wrote on 07 Mar 2017 14:27:
Today is 4 months of sobriety! And tomorrow, God willing, will be 90 days of sobriety for alcohol.

Great stuff.

And without the fanfare.

Workin' the real one day at a time.

Change from within.

Bravo to you and beneficial for usI.

Continued hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Big Steps 07 Mar 2017 14:59 #307683

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
cordnoy wrote on 07 Mar 2017 14:37:

Shlomo24 wrote on 07 Mar 2017 14:27:

Great stuff.

And without the fanfare.

Workin' the real one day at a time.

Change from within.

Bravo to you and beneficial for usI.

Continued hatzlachah

Hatzlocha! Mazeltov!

I happen to like fanfare..
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: Big Steps 07 Mar 2017 15:57 #307692

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel Tov!! Keep On Armor-Plated Monstuh Toucaning!!!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Big Steps 07 Mar 2017 17:04 #307711

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazal tov should be with continued Hatzlacha ODAAT

Keep up the great posting they really help me get my thoughts straight
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: Big Steps 07 Mar 2017 20:45 #307731

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel tov on both accomplishments. Incredible. What an inspiration. You conquered a double doozy.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Big Steps 07 Mar 2017 20:59 #307733

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
MayanHamisgaber wrote on 07 Mar 2017 17:04:
Mazal tov should be with continued Hatzlacha ODAAT

Keep up the great posting they really help me get my thoughts straight

That's ironic. I've learnt to accept myself and I no longer have to keep my thoughts straight. Just kidding. Thank you.

Re: Big Steps 14 Mar 2017 19:26 #308180

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm writing this because I am aware of my status on this forum and I believe I can send a strong message. I've been struggling a bit for the past two weeks. I've been taking my will back in many areas of my life and it's affecting me. I haven't been taking strong actions of lust, but my discipline has been getting weaker and weaker. It kind of came to a head a couple of days ago. I was watching a cooking show and I was attracted to the chef. I sought comfort in him and I desperately wanted connection with him. He also seemed like a nice guy, which made it more triggering for me. The thought process was, "It's a cooking show, you can watch it!" Even though it was lustful and triggering FOR ME. That was a strong example of unwillingness. I then proceeded to watch YouTube for some hours, watching videos that I knew might have some lustful content in them, even though I thought they would be mostly clean. But I willingly allowed some lust in, which is not a good sign for my sobriety.

As a result of that event and realizing that I need to get back on the horse if I want to stay sober, I did a mini cheshbon hanefesh. I went on the YouTube app and looked at all my subscriptions. I asked myself, "Is any of this necessary for my life?" The answer is no. So I deleted the app and I have been avoiding YouTube since. I still find myself itching for it a bit and I am still escaping. The problem is me, not YouTube. However, I do think it was the right thing to do and I am feeling much more quality of sobriety over these last couple of days. 

My main point is that a couple of months ago I talked about this on GYE. I talked about how I watch YouTube and it's not triggering for me. But things have changed and I don't think that it's the right thing for me anymore. I wanted to make this public to show the forum and myself that 1) I don't know everything. 2) Things change with time. 3) Humility is necessary for sobriety. I also want to show that everyone has their failings and their own issues. I think there's a theme on GYE that some people are infallible (I'm not referring to myself). They aren't. And I want to be up front with how I am holding and not just "talk the talk." It's very easy to do that. But the hard things are usually the things that are helpful for me.

Last Edit: 14 Mar 2017 21:47 by shlomo24.

Re: Big Steps 14 Mar 2017 21:48 #308191

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo, thank you for your super post. So many important lessons there! So much truth and so much humility. Very helpful for me and I am sure for many. You put us at ease when we see the issues still crop up - it happens even to the big guys. May Hashem bless you!  

I am no expert, but I think it very wise you deleted the app. Chazal tell us the more gedorim we put for arayus, the more kedusha and hashroas ha shechina we bring in. So besides the obvious benefit of making a nisayon less accessible, you are allowing for more s'yatta d'shmaya.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Big Steps 14 Mar 2017 21:55 #308195

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm happy that you found my post to be helpful.

Re: Big Steps 14 Mar 2017 23:25 #308199

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo,

It was a great post for me as well- especially what you wrote about some people on GYE seeming infallible. It's very hard to be honest about your flaws once people have a different perspective of you. Kol hakavod.

Re: Big Steps 14 Mar 2017 23:29 #308200

• cordnoy
Many of the seemingly infallible people on GYE are actually the most honest.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes