Welcome, Guest

Gemaras about Shivchat Zera L'Vatala
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gemaras about Shivchat Zera L'Vatala 3404 Views

Gemaras about Shivchat Zera L'Vatala 26 Nov 2017 05:00 #322935

• asimplejew613
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Fresh Boarder
I've been looking around the site and could not seem to find a discussion about places in oral law(talmud, midrash, or even tanach etc) which speak about the gravity of Shivchat Zera L'vatala and the enormous greatness in keeping away from the sin - would anyone know sources that might help me in this area?

Re: Gemaras about Shivchat Zera L'Vatala 26 Nov 2017 14:30 #322944

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
asimplejew613 wrote on 26 Nov 2017 05:00:
I've been looking around the site and could not seem to find a discussion about places in oral law(talmud, midrash, or even tanach etc) which speak about the gravity of Shivchat Zera L'vatala and the enormous greatness in keeping away from the sin - would anyone know sources that might help me in this area?

Brother id be happy to look around and get sources for you. Why do you feel they will help you? those alone haven't helped anyone I know on gye to get sober.
Have you tried and failed the 20 gye tools, and therefore now 9 months since joining gye, want to attempt a last straw at gemaras?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Gemaras about Shivchat Zera L'Vatala 26 Nov 2017 14:39 #322945

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
There are people for whom understanding the gravity of the aveira is enough. Maybe that's a place to start. But if it doesn't work, don't let that get you down or think your lacking on your yiras shmayim. Personally I didn't get sober until I totally gave up the idea that it was a sin. The guilt and remorse was making me feel like I wasn't a good Jew. I focus on positive sobriety. 
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Gemaras about Shivchat Zera L'Vatala 26 Nov 2017 14:48 #322946

• lovingpapa
  • Current streak: 321 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi.  I found a very easy to read and easy to relate to book, yet full of broadness and depth that would probably help you
Sefer v'zos brisi which is now in English.  Available online at seforimcenter.com and Amazon for easy purchase. 

Really a gem and great tool to help us all.   I feel after struggling for many years this really helped me a lot in terms of connecting the dots and opening my eyes to things I couldn't or didnt want to see before. 
Wishing you and everyone only הצלחה and growth through becoming more aware of yourselves.  

Re: Gemaras about Shivchat Zera L'Vatala 23 Mar 2018 15:02 #328840

• highroller
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Junior Boarder
Would be able to give any more details on what the book is about ? what's written in it ??
lovingpapa wrote on 26 Nov 2017 14:48:
Hi.  I found a very easy to read and easy to relate to book, yet full of broadness and depth that would probably help you
Sefer v'zos brisi which is now in English.  Available online at seforimcenter.com and Amazon for easy purchase. 

Really a gem and great tool to help us all.   I feel after struggling for many years this really helped me a lot in terms of connecting the dots and opening my eyes to things I couldn't or didnt want to see before. 
Wishing you and everyone only הצלחה and growth through becoming more aware of yourselves.  

Re: Gemaras about Shivchat Zera L'Vatala 23 Mar 2018 15:09 #328841

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
I think it is hosted on GYE, books section as a PDF. Free download. Will confirm when I am by a computer.
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: Gemaras about Shivchat Zera L'Vatala 28 Mar 2018 20:30 #329058

• ieeyc
  • Banned
  • Soaring to Har Sinai on the wings of an eagle!
hi, i think reading books on the sechar and onesh on shimiras habris is a GREAT idea if it wont break your spirit(if the onesh part is too strong for you , it still pays to read the positive reward for shimiras habris) !im baseing my opinion on what ive read from the writings of gye ,WHAT HASHEM WANTS FROM US IS NOT PERFECTION,BUT IMPROVEMENT AND FIGHTING FOR KEDUSHA!and reading everyday these sefarim definitly accomplish that purpose,TRIED AND PROVEN!hope you dont fall! but chas veshalom  if you do fall , try to get up again  thats what Hashem wants,(look at the gye archives chizuk emails).i dont know if i can suggest any method thatll gaurentee that youll never fall again, i know people here who have tried alot of ways and unfortunately have fallen even after many days, so whatever  inspires you,go for it!

לב  טהור   ברא   לי   אלקים , ורוח  נכון    חדש  בקרבי

to all my friends who heeded my request  to be so generous and give me a negative karma  for the sake of me acquiring       
                                                . humility ,i humbly  thank you                                                                                                 

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes