Welcome, Guest

Looking for a Teshuva on Shichvat Zera Levatala
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Looking for a Teshuva on Shichvat Zera Levatala 2416 Views

Looking for a Teshuva on Shichvat Zera Levatala 02 Jan 2017 04:05 #301775

• shemirathabris
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Senior Boarder
Hi all,

I was recently informed about a teshuva about shichvat zera levatla, (which I've definitely heard in passing/out of context before) a person had asked a shaila about what to do if he just couldn't stop shichvat zera levatala, couldn't control himself at all -- and the teshuva was that at the very least start by refraining from shichvat zera levatala just on shabbos. It was slightly controversial because at the surface it might seem like an implicit accepting of the aveirah at other times, but the gadlus of this teshuva is that it recognizes that a person can't just stop a bad habit cold turkey and must take small steps towards improving in this (and many) areas.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find this teshuva? I was told it's possibly by the chacham tzvi or chassam sofer - does anyone happen to know? Can anyone cite the teshuva for me if you have it? Would be much appreciated!

It just so happens that I'm learning with someone who isn't so frum and he wants to learn the Chacham Tzvi because he is apparently related to him, so it would be cool if this was a teshuva of the Chacham Tzvi because I would totally learn it with the guy since I think it is very powerful.

Thank you very much!

Re: Looking for a Teshuva on Shichvat Zera Levatala 12 Jul 2021 18:20 #370753

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Interesting, I’ve never heard of this before

Re: Looking for a Teshuva on Shichvat Zera Levatala 12 Jul 2021 18:33 #370755

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
shemirathabris wrote on 02 Jan 2017 04:05:
Hi all,

I was recently informed about a teshuva about shichvat zera levatla, (which I've definitely heard in passing/out of context before) a person had asked a shaila about what to do if he just couldn't stop shichvat zera levatala, couldn't control himself at all -- and the teshuva was that at the very least start by refraining from shichvat zera levatala just on shabbos. It was slightly controversial because at the surface it might seem like an implicit accepting of the aveirah at other times, but the gadlus of this teshuva is that it recognizes that a person can't just stop a bad habit cold turkey and must take small steps towards improving in this (and many) areas.

Does anyone know where I might be able to find this teshuva? I was told it's possibly by the chacham tzvi or chassam sofer - does anyone happen to know? Can anyone cite the teshuva for me if you have it? Would be much appreciated!

It just so happens that I'm learning with someone who isn't so frum and he wants to learn the Chacham Tzvi because he is apparently related to him, so it would be cool if this was a teshuva of the Chacham Tzvi because I would totally learn it with the guy since I think it is very powerful.

Thank you very much!

No one and absolutely no one before the 20th century wrote such a thing, nor is it gadlus...

How much do you want to bet?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Looking for a Teshuva on Shichvat Zera Levatala 12 Jul 2021 19:06 #370756

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
@Markz, I don't think he meant "teshuva" as repentance, rather as a shu"t, shaila uteshuva.

At least that's what I thought.
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: Looking for a Teshuva on Shichvat Zera Levatala 12 Jul 2021 19:26 #370757

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Okay, I just realized that this thread was dug up from a million years ago. I guess that's why there was no response. Either way, I'd say "stick to the program" and things will fall into place. Don't get hung up with gimmicks.
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: Looking for a Teshuva on Shichvat Zera Levatala 13 Jul 2021 04:34 #370766

• Rt234
  • Senior Boarder
The best tikon is Torah even when it's very hard.
u can look at what the the stiepler writes in regards to learning Torah...
I think that most people that make it out of this r the people that seriously put Torah as theyr main focus in life.
(If for whatever reason you don't put Torah and avodas hahashem as you're main focus in life like it should be still never give up there's still may be some hope who knows there's never a point in giving up).
Its a big part of this fight.
It weakens the yetzer horah and it's a very good teshuva and tikon.
The harder the better!!
All the best!!
Last Edit: 13 Jul 2021 04:39 by Rt234.

Re: Looking for a Teshuva on Shichvat Zera Levatala 16 May 2022 23:37 #380794

• gma316
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Can you please tell me where I can find this from the stiepler I would love to see it inside 

Thank you

Re: Looking for a Teshuva on Shichvat Zera Levatala 17 May 2022 02:43 #380798

• shampoo123
  • Fresh Boarder
The Steipler's teshuvos on inyanei kedusha can be found in the first chelek of the Karyana D'Igarta, teshuvos 11, 12, and 15. 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes