Welcome, Guest

Announcing new features to the live chat system
(0 viewing) 
This board is for the webmaster of GYE to make important announcements.

Feel free to comment UNDER the announcements, but new threads are not allowed in this board.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Announcing new features to the live chat system 729 Views

Announcing new features to the live chat system 20 Jun 2020 20:07 #351549

Dear GYE members,

Recently we've been working hard at GYE to find a much better alternative for the chat system. For the long term (be"h within a few months), we want to have a system that works something like Slack with dedicated apps for Windows, and mobile devices. We're reviewing technology by different companies that would allow this while keeping everything safe and anonymous. Our goal to develop the chat platform into a serious tool where you can get or give real time chizuk 24/6.

For now we'll be releasing a modest update to the system. The main feature in new update is that it will allow offline chatting, and an easy way to see past conversation.

To preview the new chat system click guardyoureyes.com/index.php?option=com_gyeuser&view=user&layout=chat and look at the blue little bar on the bottom of the screen (this is just a test, so the rest of the page is empty). 

If you can't see anything, please ask your filter company to unblock everything within the GYE site. Or you can them to open *.cometondemand.net which is the service that we're using for this new chat. (That site does not have any visible content on it, so it's safe to unblock).

Another feature in this chat system is that when you click the arrow near a person's name, you can see some info about the member you are chatting with (age, married status, number of posts and likes on forum etc.). I hope everyone's okay with this... the purpose is to prevent pranks where new members tell a different story about themselves each time they chat. This feature is not set in stone, and I welcome any feedback about it.

You can post feedback about it here to send me a direct email at help@guardyoureyes.org.
There's Life Beyond Addiction
Last Edit: 25 Jun 2020 22:33 by menachemgye.

Re: Announcing new features to the live chat system 24 Jun 2020 01:53 #351698

The new chat will hopefully go live shortly. 

To check if your filter is not blocking it please visit: https://guardyoureyes.com/index.php?option=com_gyeuser&view=user&layout=chat

Re: Announcing new features to the live chat system 24 Jun 2020 02:15 #351699

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Not sure it works. 
I got the link whitelisted, but now I see you edited your post and changed the link to allow. 
Are you sure you want to do this?
Why have the gye chat under a different domain? Will every new member know what needs doing so that can acces the Chat?

Of course they all have filters, so they probably will get stuck. 
But then if they have Filters they prob dont need gye, so then Yeah!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Announcing new features to the live chat system 24 Jun 2020 11:45 #351717

We'd definitely prefer a service that would be on our main domain, but after a lot of research and reviewing many options, it seems like this is our our best option until our major chat update is ready. 
Whoever need helps help getting access to this chat can reach out to me by email or by clicking the intercom chat (the blue bubble on bottom of the screen), and I'l try to assist.
Last Edit: 24 Jun 2020 11:45 by menachemgye.

Re: Announcing new features to the live chat system 25 Jun 2020 22:36 #351812

Update:
The chat has been launched today. If you have any trouble with it please write to help@guardyoureyes.org.

It's possible to view the chat in full screen by going to https://guardyoureyes.com/index.php?option=com_gyeuser&view=user&layout=chat
You can bookmark that page to get easy access to chat.

Re: Announcing new features to the live chat system 24 Aug 2020 23:54 #354155

• ColinColin
  • Current streak: 622 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I do not knwo where else to write this so I wil write it here.

I have two criticisms of the way the Forum works.

1.) When I log in, my computer plays a short tune.
This irks me, especially at night, and can compromise anonymity.
Please can it be removed?

2.) Other Forums, when you log in, show an "Alert" for replies to comments one has made.
But on this one, I have to search through many topics to find replies to my posts.
It might be a week or so since I logged in, and I cannot remember what posts I have made.
Please can you add alerts when someone posts after me on  a thread after a user has posted and especially if someone has quoted a post?

Thank you

Re: Announcing new features to the live chat system 25 Aug 2020 10:56 #354171

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Regarding Number 2, there is a checkbox below the reply editor
"Check this box to be notified of replies to this topic."
When checked, you will receive an email when someone replies to a topic you responded to. Also you should see on top when you log in a count of new replies.
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes