Welcome, Guest

The life of a soldier in hashems army
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25323 Views

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 18 Dec 2011 21:29 #128734

a horrible thing happened.

lately my work in the 12 step program has been improving each day. the hardest part is reaching out. but the other parts of the program has been becomeing better. but lately my ratzon for sobriety has gotton much weaker. having the ratzon/ desire to stay clean is step #zero. it come before the 12 steps. but lately it has been getting really weak.
i need advice....idk what is happening!
at one point acting out was a horrible thing to me and as i was acting out i was fighting with every bone of my body not to. this was my old view of the battle now i realize that only hashem can save me. im just trying to point out the i used to have the strongest ratzon every but now its very shvach.
Last Edit: by .

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 19 Dec 2011 22:57 #128785

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
HS, i feel for you. i don't have the answer but i will continue to daven for you
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 20 Dec 2011 21:37 #128879

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
dear HS there is two ways to win a battle
1) fighting and constant batteling until the enemy is dead
2) making the enemy loose interest in the war, taking away his reason for the fight
the 12 steps is busting the balloon of the y"h, whereby the whole issue changes view from a fight to a reprograming of the mind, where that women over there is not any more an object to serve my desire, she in merely a NORMAL STANDARD human being standing in the wrong place (in front of an addict), so its not so much fighting against acting out, its more loosing the reason to act out.
however, we still need a constant guard in order not to fall back to stupid imaginary lusts

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 21 Dec 2011 19:34 #128960

• Dov
  • Administrator
You need to have consequences. Just maybe, if your motivation to stay clean is only a moral choice that you are making, you are still 'baylim' over it. That's a deficit, in my opinion.

Now from a Torah (not recovery) perspective:

Hashem said (gm' Shabbos 85) "If you accept the Torah now, fine - if not, shom t'hei kvuraschem (your grave will be right there)" - and He said this even though they already said they'd accept! The MaHaRa"L explains that Hashem wanted to teach them/us that accepting the Torah may appear to be a choice - but it really is an offer we can't refuse.

I have found that true addicts are among the few who really understand this. They are innately aware that their sobriety is not a choice - they have no other option but to stop. And no Torah can tell them this is so - they (we) need to understand it ourselves. That's why it is not 'gevurah', or 'morality', or 'bravery' to do what is necessary to recover - for no one deserves a medal for risking their own lives to save themselves from a burning building!

Get me, chabib?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 22 Dec 2011 02:28 #129015

shkoyach dov!
i like that
im going to try to say that over to myself over and over

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 22 Dec 2011 04:39 #129017

• Dov
  • Administrator
Wow, you are indeed a decent guy.

Hatzlocha.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 23 Dec 2011 03:14 #129106

umm thanks?
i try my best to be a decent person

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 23 Dec 2011 16:30 #129131

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Good shabbos reb decent person!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 02 Jan 2012 00:30 #129713

ok
im still here fighting. still giving it over to hashem.
im almost up to winter vacation.
starting finals this week

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 02 Jan 2012 06:44 #129742

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Finals??

What for?

Isn't being a decent person enough? ???

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 03 Jan 2012 02:30 #129854

Yosef Hatzadik wrote on 02 Jan 2012 06:44:

Finals??

What for?

Isn't being a decent person enough? ???

according to my understanding,
it is to test me on all the information i have learned in school during the last semester in one big test. 

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 03 Jan 2012 18:48 #129924

• Hashem Yaasfeni
HashemsSoldier wrote on 22 Dec 2011 02:28:

shkoyach dov!
i like that
im going to try to say that over to myself over and over

I remeber when I was a kid also in Tzivos Hashem as well I always misspelled 'shkoyach' till my father corrected me. in fact that was one of the few times he taught me anything positive... sad...

In fact the correct term is 'Yasher Koach' as in rashi when MOshe Rabbenu broke the Luchos.

I can tell you there are many of us older guys who would give an arm to be young as you and beating the nasty Yetzer Horah and break the bad habits.  You are blessed and wise.  You are doing exactly what is intended and will grow up to be a fine young man, whoever you marry will be a lucky girl...

So, Yasher Koach on your struggle.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 04 Jan 2012 01:22 #129960

i know that its is yasher koach. i just say shkoyach cus thats what most ppl say. i do want to be understood
thanks for your words

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 04 Jan 2012 02:03 #129962

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
To be real nitpicky, I think it's actually "Y'Yasher Kochacha".  :D
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 04 Jan 2012 17:07 #130019

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I think gevura is right, but i say shkoiyach just like everyone else... except HY that is  ;D.
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes