Welcome, Guest

The life of a soldier in hashems army
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The life of a soldier in hashems army 25311 Views

The life of a soldier in hashems army 16 Nov 2010 03:54 #85078

my last thread was called starting over after 37 days and the one before that was called this time im in it to win it.

very quickly. im 16. got into this at 11 years old. always said ill stop after my bar mitzvah. in 8th grade i talked to girls. in summer going into 9th i decided to stop talking to them because i felt guilty about m******. skipping ahead. here i am now as an addict. a teenage addict trying to get close to hashem.
the only way i can do it is with his help, without hashem i am helpless.
so here is what we are doing. we are DAVENING 3 times a day. not saying the words but talking to hashem. if possible, talk to hashem often.
filling my day with as much torah as possible.and maintining kedusha. thursday nights i will try to exercise to get rid of some extra hormone buildup. and get rid of sexual energy.
there is so much more to do, but this is the main outline.

today was day 1. it was good, i was careful with my eyes. i learned a lot. i feel really good. i just decided. by next schoolyear, going into 12th grade, i WILL know how to learn. im still pushing myself in shiur. but out of shiur, i am taking a jastrow (dictionary) and learning torah. i am learning the entire masechta bekiyus that we are doing in school. we are only going to cover 20 or so dafim of gemorah so i am doing thr whole thing. over the vacations when i have more time i will try to learn how to learn be'iyun. but i first need to get down the basics.
anyways. i feel really pumpted to keep going and really make it to 90 days this time. and with hashems help and only with his help will i be able to make it.
HS
Last Edit: by .

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 16 Nov 2010 03:57 #85082

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
okay I'm here.
let the fun begin.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 16 Nov 2010 04:54 #85098

• frumfiend
Wow you are gonna go places!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 16 Nov 2010 05:08 #85102

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
HS, you remind me of the Energizer bunny, you keep going and going!
keep it up, bezras Hashem you will fight and win!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 17 Nov 2010 02:33 #85227

hello friends. day 2 today. pretty good. i looked away today. i am putting more effort into daventing with intensitey. i am learning more. i am trying to connect to hashem!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 17 Nov 2010 02:38 #85229

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
kokot!!!!!

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 17 Nov 2010 06:00 #85242

• bardichev
KOT

Keep on trucking

Keep on talking

Keep on trying

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 17 Nov 2010 06:13 #85245

• ur-a-jew
  • Current streak: 1087 days
  • Platinum Boarder
HS here is a suggestion maybe from left field pick up the sefer ohr avigdor its Reb Avigdor Miller on chovos halevovos. So far they only have one volume on the into to Chovos Halevovos. But its a priceless sefer and will give you a perspective on what it means to really live life. Ten minutes a day will do you (and all of us wonders). Hatzlocha
Help free Sholom Rubashkin by giving him the zechus of Shemiras Eiynayim.  www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=2809.0

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 18 Nov 2010 02:44 #85432

UAJ- i will try. my day is very busy and i dont know where i can find the sefer.

i got through a daf and a half so far by myself! i feel really good. wow! in shiur, we are doing pesachim until daf tes (9) and then skipping to second perek. actually im either on yud amud aleph or bais. again, my davening is better. ive been doing pretty good in the asei tov part. now, im also trying to put extra effort into my sur mei'rah to make it exceptionally better.
but how does one work on gurading his eyes? is the only way to work on it, during the situation? that is what i am working on now. shemiras eynaim. thats one of the main issues. anyone have any advice how to work on it?

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 18 Nov 2010 05:47 #85441

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
HS, one piece of advice is what you gave yourself!, strengthening asei tov is one of the best ways to help the sur mera. find topics of Torah that you enjoy and feel engaged in. learn those, let them occupy your mind. they don't necessarily have to be hard topics.
keep up your great work!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 19 Nov 2010 05:18 #85742

thank you ZS. its very good advice when i think of it.

last night as i was going to sleep i got a text from someone i used to talk to. the only thing ill say is that had i responded anything, even if i said no, it would have resulted in a fall. there is no doubt in my mind. i just went to sleep. this morning, i woke up and i still had the text and i could have still responded or saved it for tonight, i deleted it right away, so now i dont have her number.
today is day three. i have a chazaka now, now i need to strengthen the chazaka more and more and more. still pushing in my asei tov and also trying in my sur merah, but as ZS said, the asei tov help the sur merah.
good night everyone

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 19 Nov 2010 07:37 #85808

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
YOU ARE SO LUCKY TO BE DOING THIS WHILE YOU ARE STILL SO YOUNG!

(I wish I had GYE 20 years ago)

Good luck to you,

--Eye.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 19 Nov 2010 13:03 #85822

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
nice trucking.

Keep the tires in top shape.

You make us proud!

w

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 19 Nov 2010 20:29 #85910

• frumfiend
when do you become a officer? its about time for a promotion.

Re: The life of a soldier in hashems army 21 Nov 2010 01:13 #85933

today was day 5.
shabbas was awesome. i ate at my rebbis house. and i controlled my eyes over shabbas
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes