Welcome, Guest

Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 101636 Views

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 09 Aug 2013 23:05 #215689

• mr. emunah
  • Current streak: 121 days
  • Platinum Boarder
what happened Josh?

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 15 Aug 2013 16:37 #216249

• Dov
  • Administrator
Good question. But it's not really our job to take care of him, is it? Last time I checked that was each man's own job.
But we do love him...at least I do. And hope he is doing well and knows he always has a bunch of folks here that he can always post to, chat with and even call on the phone or meet in person.
But it is really his business.
Have a fantastico dayo all!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 19 Aug 2013 13:25 #216518

• yehoshua
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Gold Boarder
A fall happened. I was offline all this time, Thanks for your posts and I am sorry that I didn't repy. I was away the whole time and didn't even open my comp to see the posts.

So now I am trying really hard again. I started running and I am doing morning workouts, I read now also and mostly I can gain sanity be the known serenity prayer.

I am 21 days clean now.

I am reading a lot on this therapeut who uses the before described method of healing addicition. Again reading his work, I have found that I am an addict. And I am learning that only through extreem healing, can I be cured.

As many here know, I too am learning that it will be almost impossible to do it alone. Baruch Hashem, I hope through the tools that I am using now, I will be able to stay sober.

Since even in this therapy (that I described in the posts before), people finish successfuly but then slide back into old habits as they leave the group. Still they don't fall. So this is my plan, if I am not able to gain real sanity without a AA group (the leading therapist is actually AA, but handels other addiction also), I will join one.

Reading all this material on addiction I am learning about the devestating effect it has on ones wife and children. Almost by default the children will become addicts if the sick parent doesn't get treatment.

And that is a scary thought. So this is my plan. As u know, my wife knows already and knows how much I am reading on that stuff, so joining a group wouldn't be the end of the world. To some point I would be looking forward to meet the therapist that I am reading so much about.

And again sorry for not posting.

All the best to You guys!!!

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 19 Aug 2013 15:10 #216519

• Dov
  • Administrator
Do you mean u'd go to AA meetings, or to SA meetings? Many guys in SA were in AA first for years and discovered their lives were still a mess till they faced their lust and sex addictions. But I am not getting ur meaning, so I ask.

If u mean AA, then I wonder why not meetings with other sex and lust addicts, like SA for example? Practically no alcoholic would go to 'NA' meetings if he could meet with drunks like him in AA ones and gain relevant experience strength and hope, of course. Is there a shame factor here?

Or am i misunderstanding you? That would not surprise me at all.

Regardless of what u do, it sounds like u r really taking good care of yourself! Thats great and all the brochos to you, chaver!!
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 19 Aug 2013 17:13 #216523

• yehoshua
  • Gold Boarder
Vau, that is nice. I am reading a Dov post in my thread even though I am 'bad'... Feels kind of that since I was away and didn't answer.... And now it feels like coming home.

That therapist handels other addiction also. Mainly however they are alchoholics (the therapist is also a recovering alchoholic). But my reason for joining them wouldn't be because of shame, but because of the method that they use.

There are probably also good SA groups in my town, but I am not that interested in seeing them, since I am all focused on this particular therapist.

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 26 Aug 2013 09:55 #217194

• Eye.nonymous
  • Platinum Boarder
Good luck.

--Elyah

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 27 Aug 2013 02:42 #217343

• yehoshua
  • Gold Boarder
so Mike Tyson has been sober for 6 days, that is a miracle, he says.

Darn, he made me catch ground....

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 27 Aug 2013 07:52 #217358

• RoshYeshivasSon
  • Current streak: 26 days
  • Expert Boarder
  • Once you admit, you can commit.
7 Days sober: I am 1 day up on Mike Tyson. And 1 brain.

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 27 Aug 2013 20:22 #217434

• Dov
  • Administrator
...and both ears intact, too.

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 27 Aug 2013 20:58 #217436

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Tyson still has both his ears. It's the other guy who looks a little lopsided now.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 27 Aug 2013 21:24 #217441

• Dov
  • Administrator
What good are ears without a brain, tho...

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 27 Aug 2013 21:37 #217446

• cordnoy
for most of my life, I have had ears (and eyes) with no brain.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 27 Aug 2013 22:04 #217459

• RoshYeshivasSon
  • Current streak: 26 days
  • Expert Boarder
  • Once you admit, you can commit.
It's ironic to watch he man they called "Iron Mike" sobbing like a baby at the inability to control himself.

It's ironic to watch a man people think is a sober, responsible, and loving person cry at the inability to control himself sexually. Yup, I'm talking about myself. And maybe you, too.

Lessons from Iron Mike!

Coming Tomorrow: Lessons from A-Rod.
Or Not.

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 29 Aug 2013 21:17 #217794

• Dov
  • Administrator
That is why I found SA. Cuz that's me, too.

Re: Funny walk to 90 by Yehoshua 07 Jan 2014 13:55 #226221

• yehoshua
  • Gold Boarder
Hi, haven't posted in ages. And I must have accountibility.

I am 54 days sober. Still on my own.

I am now writting a personal diary daily, I work out every morning (I also started running) and I started to read more.

As you know, I am secular. Sorry about this, but I must write this... I don't have problems with reading every kind of book, so now i am reading Puer Aeternus from Marie Luise von Franz. She handels the problem of growing up, of male adulthood from the perspective of Carl Jung. Basically she says that many men are the eternal boys, who fail to become responsible men... The main problem is because they avoid tedious rutine work, in short because they are lazy.

Sounds simple, right?

But for me it is a mayor problem...
Last Edit: 07 Jan 2014 13:58 by yehoshua.
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes