Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Thanks 20694 Views

Re: Thanks 10 Jan 2016 18:08 #273862

• mggsbms
  • Current streak: 12 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow i was just searching for this thread, to bump it.

You're a mind reader or what?
Aka -  Mischadeish075 Email mischadeish075@gmail.com
Last Edit: 10 Jan 2016 19:42 by mggsbms.

Re: Thanks 10 Jan 2016 18:10 #273863

• cordnoy
cordnoy wrote:
mggsbms wrote:
Hi! every one i didn't update this forum for a while, I have a few things to shake out so i'll get right to it. before i joined this site i was slipping and falling on a daily bases for about a year not the real stufff, but i was getting there. then besyata d' shmaya i found this sight a few days after pesach i had a clean streak for four months and then fell for a few days at the end of august then i had another clean streak from beginning of elul till i  fell again this week without rhyme or reason, I really don't understand what's behind it, because while i had the clean streaks i hardly had to fight just reading the emails and counting the days was a great motivator but then "boom", maybe somebody has some insight how to understand this and give me some help it shouldn't happen again.
second point i opened today's email after being depressed for two days after my fall and was shocked to see that it was written just for me, with out going in to details because i feel it could cause chilul hashem etc. I was able to identify with this quote fully -  "To compound those feelings, I am involved in Avodas Hakodesh, so while people are looking to me for inspiration, I'm sometimes involved in things that if they had the slightest clue of, they would pillory me in the town square. This makes me feel even more like a fake and a fraud, despite the fact that all I really want to do in my life is bring people closer to Avinu Shebashamayim. Many times, I have thought about quitting my job, recognizing that I'll never really be able to inspire others if there's no gas in my fuel tank, but I'm reminded of the fish's response to Rabbi Akiva, "If in the water, the place of our life, we need to fear, how much more so on dry land, the place of our death!" So I guess I will try to stay close to the water. Besides all the teaching I do, I personally learn for hours every day, sometimes immediately followed by a most inglorious session of shmutz!. I just keep trying to slog through the muck"  -   so much so that it felt like someone was reading my mind, and i must add it gave me tremendous amount of chizuk that i'm not alone in this kind of conflict, but this is all more the cause for the marbitzei torah on this forum to show the way of milchemes hayetzer and not let it take over our lives !

everythin' that happens is written and done just for us to take the message.
We need to have eyes and ears opened.
Let's take the 'etzba' - as in warnin', so we don't need the 'yad' - the patch.

Nope....not a mind reader or a prophet.....simply a friend.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Thanks 10 Jan 2016 18:39 #273866

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks that was very kind of you.

The naivety of a fresh warrior shines through every post, haven't read this in years.

A lot of water has gushed through the... (You can add any river of your liking) since.

Still not giving up though.
Last Edit: 10 Jan 2016 19:43 by mggsbms.

Re: Thanks 10 Jan 2016 19:55 #273873

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
mggsbms wrote:

A lot of water has gushed through the... (You can add any river of your liking) since.

As long as it's not De Nile...
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Thanks 10 Jan 2016 20:25 #273876

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
mggsbms wrote:
It came to my mind something that has been bothering me for a while, it is often stated on this forum the importance of not giving up and that even if you fall hashem is waiting for you to repent and start again, there is a well known mishneh in masechet yuma "haomer echte veushiv ein maspikin beyodo lasos teshuva" who ever says I will act out and then repent from heaven they don't give him the opportunity to repent, I have found that when acting out the way my psyche deals with the guilt is by telling myself this is just one time and i will be better tomorrow (I don't think I'm the only one that uses this mechanism) isn't this a road block to teshuvah ?
As I'm writing this I recall a vort from one of the tzadikim who on a play with the words "maspikin" says there is no safek meaning there is no question that beyodo lasos teshuva, but obviously this is not the simple meaning of the mishnah.
By the way still going strong 11 1/2 WKS  b"h

as there was a sightin' and a hearin' from one of the ziknei ha'site, I thought it appropriate to "bump" one of his posts.

Mggsbmggms was very active on the Mikvah thread; he was da guy advocatin' channelin' all your lustful desires to the wife. There were others who were vehemently against that. I was gonna bump one of those posts, but then I'd be accused of negi'us.

b'hatzlachah to all

Not so sure if this is a claim to fame in these circles.

It's more of a badge of infamy....

Re: Thanks 29 May 2016 06:43 #289137

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
mggsbms wrote on 15 May 2009 21:54:
Shalom to the whole chevraye I’m pleased to inform you of the third full clean week (from Sunday to Friday) thanks to this wonderful site.
These days  that are upon us have a special place in this great war as today is the first of the days of “yesod” in the count of sefirah, it is brought down in the sifrei kodesh from the zohar that the doors are closed at the onset of the days of “yesod “, the seforim explain that the reason for that is that a person should realize what affect this sin has on the soul and come to humility which it’s essence is teshuvah, something to internalize. Have you all a beautiful and holy  shabbos .

Seven years to date
Last Edit: 29 May 2016 06:55 by mggsbms.

Re: Thanks 29 May 2016 11:55 #289155

• cordnoy
Wow!
B"H.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: Thanks 27 Feb 2017 01:04 #306904

• cordnoy
mggsbms wrote on 15 May 2009 21:54:
Shalom to the whole chevraye I’m pleased to inform you of the third full clean week (from Sunday to Friday) thanks to this wonderful site. I’m still intrigued at the effect this site has had  on me, it comes to show you the great benefit of having a chaburah to discuss one’s issues in life, while regarding this subject there is a natural barrier to discuss it with others, this site being anonyms as it is takes away that barrier. There is a nother aspect , the human instinct to compete and to challenge  is in the works here as well , how could I slip I’m going to be behind in the game.
These days  that are upon us have a special place in this great war as today is the first of the days of “yesod” in the count of sefirah, it is brought down in the sifrei kodesh from the zohar that the doors are closed at the onset of the days of “yesod “, the seforim explain that the reason for that is that a person should realize what affect this sin has on the soul and come to humility which it’s essence is teshuvah, something to internalize. Have you all a beautiful and holy  shabbos .

and, as was sent to us this erev shabbos, the yismach yisroel writes that the eish of the shekalim comes to be mechaper on aveiros, and especially "kal" ha'oiver al hepekudim, as "kal" refers to the aveirah of "yesod," as is brought in the zohar, and if our shekalim precedes haman's, we are in the drivers seat, and our fire has the ability to burn those coverings that separate between us and Above, and one should know that by readin' this parshah, he can inspire himself with great strength that he shouldn't fall again, and he can know about himself that he can reach a teshuvah sheleimah and be loved and endeared by the Ribbono shel Olam (even though it is written that the ribbono shel Olam loves even the greatest rasha), and all depression is just the plot of the yetzer. When one truly knows this, he is able to strengthen and gird himself to such a level where he can beseech the Compassionate One to aid him in his struggle, ve-haba letaher, mesayin oso.

Re: Thanks 27 Feb 2017 03:59 #306911

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
A beautiful rendition, thanks !

Re: Thanks 25 Apr 2021 15:52 #367376

• lou
  • Platinum Boarder
R' MGGSBMS,
I have been seeing you around on many threads and appreciate your perspective on many things. I just found your actual thread... It is very inspiring as well. Perhaps you can update us on what is going on with you as well?
Thank you
Lou

Re: Thanks 25 Apr 2021 16:08 #367378

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for bumping, this a newer thread guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/257587-a-new-start 
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes