Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Thanks 20696 Views

Thanks 30 Apr 2009 02:49 #4650

• mggsbms
  • Current streak: 12 days
  • Platinum Boarder
day 8, thanks to this wonderful site it"s areal kidush hashem, I was miserable for some time till i found you, it was so not me but i started slipping and was getting really scared, thanks again and keep up your avodas hakodesh
Aka -  Mischadeish075 Email mischadeish075@gmail.com
Last Edit: by jordan.

Re: Thanks 30 Apr 2009 13:00 #4655

• battleworn
Thank you so much for posting. It gives us tremendous Simcha to know that we caught someone BEFORE he really fell badly.

Please be aware of 2 things:
1) The menuval will undoubtedly try to convince you (there's no way to know when, but it could happen when least expected) to try it out again just a little bit. DON'T LISTEN TO HIM! He just wants to kill you! Once one lets him in the door, he can end up falling really low before even realizing it.

2) If Chas Vesholom you ever do fall again, don't dwell on the fall, just concentrate on going up (which includes learning from the fall).

The bottom line is ALWAYS look up -to Hashem; NEVER look down -to gehinom.
Last Edit: by ibksry.

Re: Thanks 30 Apr 2009 17:00 #4665

• bardichev
hello tzaddik heilige neshama!!

HOLD ON REAL TIGHT!!! I AM DEAD SERIOUS . these are the hardest days when I was at day 10-20 Iwas  crawling out of my skin .I kept a journal to keep my progress in check .I did it in 15 minute intervals.So holy tzaddik you will do it no one on this board will allow you to fail.you made the big step already now you need to hold on .CHAZAK CHAZAK!!!! Y"H is flipping out another heilige neshomoh esscaoed his trap he will try to hunt you down.

if you feel an urge say Y"H give me 20 minutes he doen't have time to wait he will move on.You on the other hand came so far YES 10 days is  tremendous in milchemes hyetzer.20 minutes.
YESH KONAH OLAMOI BSHAA ACHAS!!!

keep in touch there are such good people here.
bardichev
Last Edit: by Joel10950.

Re: Thanks 30 Apr 2009 19:03 #4668

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
I really appreciate your tremendous divrei chizuk, and your sound advice, ysh"k
Last Edit: by dantheman2885.

Re: Thanks 03 May 2009 18:27 #4688

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
day 12 going strong b"h, it was a derhoibine shabbos, after all a week like last one I didn't have in a while
Last Edit: by .

Re: Thanks 03 May 2009 18:47 #4690

• Ykv_schwartz
mgsbms wrote on 30 Apr 2009 02:49:

it was so not me

Keep up the Great work.  Keep inspiring us with your growth.  The more you remind yourself that which you stated above the less likely you will succumb to the Y"H and the more invigorated you will become to conquer him forever.  Thanks for quote.  I know for myself when I picked myself up, this was something that bothered me to the core.  It just is not me.  Through that realization, I was able to break through.  I would sometimes stare at myself in the mirror to remind myself of who I am.   

The Rabeinu Yona wrote a sefer entitled shaarei avodah where he gives a detailed explanation as to what it means to be an eved Hashem.  He begins the sefer with the idea of properly understanding one's self worth in context of being part of the nation of Hashem and states that aveiros and weaknesses in serving Hashem stem from lack of understanding who we truly are and how special we are

If we do not understand who we are as a nation, we can not understand who we are as individuals, and we will in turn not be able to believe in ourselves.  If we do not believe in ourselves and truly understand our self-worth, succumbing to aveira, is close to inevitable.  But all this stems from first having clear faith and belief in Hashem and the fact that he chose us and gave us his mitzvos.

May we be zoche to internalize our self worth, get in touch with our true self and be zoche to teshuvah shleima.
Last Edit: by BasYisrael.

Re: Thanks 05 May 2009 20:05 #4735

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
I just completed two wks, I feel like I'm getting my identity back, (I would like to write a few more detail's about my struggle, as it could shed a new light on this terrible y"h but i"m not getting to it as of yet, I hope I"ll get to it soon enough) 
Last Edit: by just42day.

Re: Thanks 05 May 2009 21:13 #4740

• Ykv_schwartz
We are looking forward to your insightful words
Last Edit: by iloveyouhashem.

Re: Thanks 05 May 2009 21:14 #4741

• bardichev
Chazak Chazak we are all fighting along with you .
2 weeks that is tremendous!!!
when I was at @ 2 weeks i was fighting one hour at a time.

Remember your past Shabbos how good you felt it will only get better.It may get harder but if we want something that is good we have to work on it

Dont be scared you can do it.

bardichev

Re: Thanks 06 May 2009 02:55 #4746

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
just to put my struggle in some perspective, I would say that my history maybe somewhat different then what others might have gone through in this fight. until age 30 + I was bez"h never nichshel in any sort of these nisyones what so ever, and I say "never" and "nothing", but this is  a lesson never put your guard down because the y"h is always lurking in the corner and waiting for the right opportunity to pounce, I got to go now I hopt to continue in the future 

Re: Thanks 06 May 2009 06:03 #4750

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Wow, what a powerful lesson. I'm curious to hear your story, it reminds me of this story we brought on our website.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by TahorNigun.

Re: Thanks 06 May 2009 23:43 #4777

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
ysh"k for the link,  I did find it similar in certain aspects to my experience, even the my fall wasn"t so steep, I was however standing at the edge of the cliff with one foot over the ledge and my eyes were closed (einei halev), till I found this site.
While I"m at it I would like to share a thought that came to my mind during davening today, let me first introduce it with a detail from my fight, I find that the yetzer started working on me full force once I started to be lax in my learning, from learning 8 hours a day it boiled down to much much less (due to diferent schedule's and certain constraints), therefore it came to me, we daven this heartfelt tefilah of ahava raba before krias shema wich is kabalas oil malchus shamaim, before kabalos oil, before excepting the yoke of heaven our head needs to full of torah
Last Edit: by bas sara.

Re: Thanks 08 May 2009 19:35 #4821

• mggsbms
  • Platinum Boarder
A guten erev shabbos to the whole chaburah, with great satisfaction I could inform you of another full week clean, today is day 17 which is the number of the word "tov", with this i ask the rbsh"o "ach "tov" vchesed yirdufinu kol yemei chayai", gut shabbos

Re: Thanks 09 May 2009 19:13 #4824

• Ykv_schwartz
Beautiful! May you continue to see hatzlacha.  Keep beseeching Hashem.
Last Edit: by growingup.

Re: Thanks 10 May 2009 13:10 #4835

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Dear Tzadik mgsbms,

Do you want to get up on the 90-day-wall-of-honor?

Join the rest of the great warriors over there and track your progress!

See the rules over here.

You are inspiring us all!
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: by time2stop.
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes