Welcome, Guest

Starting my own path
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Starting my own path 631 Views

Re: Starting my own path 20 Jun 2024 23:10 #415572

ShtettlMan wrote on 20 Jun 2024 08:12:

Btw I hope that לשון בגי אדם is the thing that is קובע what a shiur Torah is...

you never know though, half of nedorim seems to be about exact definitions of words

Re: Starting my own path 21 Jun 2024 14:24 #415592

• ShtettlMan
  • Current streak: 49 days
  • Senior Boarder
Honestly Idk what a shiur Torah is acccording to the תורה עצמהה... I'll just play something on Torahanytime I like and it'll be ok (I hope) 

bH 3rd day clean, the shvua made me pass the urges that happened yersterday and today. Fell great, had a lot of work to do and usually it's the most tempting moment (I'm alone in the house when I work, so have access to p* quite easily).
bezH it'll be a wonderful shabes, and I'll enjoy it.
שבת שלום, 

Re: Starting my own path 21 Jun 2024 14:47 #415595

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
ShtettlMan wrote on 21 Jun 2024 14:24:
(I'm alone in the house when I work, so have access to p* quite easily).

You mentioned that your family devices are available and they aren't interested in filters or someone keeping tabs on their internet activity.
1 - Do you think they might consider web chaver but it reports to the device's owner? Can mention that you are tempted to waste time, and it will help you to stay focused. If not . . .
2 - Perhaps it would benefit you to explicitly put using of you family devices when alone into your commitment? Use exclusively your filtered device and don't even touch theirs at night or when they aren't home / around. Something like that.

Thank you and I hope you have a beautiful Shabbos as well!
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others
Last Edit: 21 Jun 2024 14:48 by BenHashemBH.

Re: Starting my own path 22 Jun 2024 23:07 #415621

• ShtettlMan
  • Senior Boarder
Wow the 2nd option is really a good idea.
Do you know if I have ti remake a shvua or I could just change it by saying it and what I had would get effective by the end of the first week?

Re: Starting my own path 23 Jun 2024 13:36 #415655

• ShtettlMan
  • Senior Boarder
ברוך השם today is the 4th clean day, had a great שבת, and feeling good!!
Thank you all for the support and  help

Re: Starting my own path 25 Jun 2024 22:17 #415836

• ShtettlMan
  • Senior Boarder
Beezer H, today was the 7th clean day!!

I had big work to do until today, which means that Imma be more at home now... Hope that my shvua will help me as it helped until todday

Re: Starting my own path 25 Jun 2024 22:18 #415837

• ShtettlMan
  • Senior Boarder
It's a quarter of my actual goal. Only 3/4 left

Re: Starting my own path 26 Jun 2024 08:07 #415860

• Muttel
  • Current streak: 100 days
  • Gold Boarder
Great news, keep it up!
So happy for you!
Muttel
We're in this struggle together; feel free to reach out! 
Muttel15@gmail.com

Feel free to call! (908) 251-9590 (google)

Check out my thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/413043-My-ENTIRE-story#413043

Re: Starting my own path 28 Jun 2024 16:15 #416002

• ShtettlMan
  • Senior Boarder
Had a bad fall yesterday night, bc I let my shvua end without renewing it... I knew when the day started that I had to but let it for later. I think I learn from the mistakes I make. Starting the count again!!

Re: Starting my own path 28 Jun 2024 16:54 #416009

• chosemyshem
  • Platinum Boarder
ShtettlMan wrote on 28 Jun 2024 16:15:
Had a bad fall yesterday night, bc I let my shvua end without renewing it... I knew when the day started that I had to but let it for later. I think I learn from the mistakes I make. Starting the count again!!

Sorry to hear about the fall. But it's good to hear the shvua is working for you. Mazel tov on the week clean!

Keep in mind that the shvua is meant as a patch, not a solution. Meaning during the time you are being kept away from the devices because of the shvua (which is beautiful and amazing) you should be working on internalizing the change.
Two recommendations for that:
1) Start reading learning the Battle of the Generation. You can can the ebook free on the website free, or buy a hard copy on Amazon. There's a tzadik on here who can hook you up with a free hard copy too.
2) Reach out to HHM. He's helped hundreds of people just like you. I know it is brutally hard to pick of the phone, but it's worth it.

Re: Starting my own path 01 Jul 2024 19:28 #416151

• ShtettlMan
  • Senior Boarder
I dont live in America, and just to know why would it be a good idea to talk to HHM? 
I feel a bit bad about the falls even though I know they are parts of the recovery.

Re: Starting my own path 01 Jul 2024 20:18 #416155

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
ShtettlMan wrote on 01 Jul 2024 19:28:
I dont live in America, and just to know why would it be a good idea to talk to HHM? 
I feel a bit bad about the falls even though I know they are parts of the recovery.

HHM has helped more people here than anybody else
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face

Re: Starting my own path 01 Jul 2024 20:29 #416156

• frank.lee
  • Current streak: 333 days
  • Platinum Boarder
If you speak English, then you should call HHM. With the advent of modern infrastructure, you can call America from other countries. (Assuming you are not in Iran, Russia or north Korea)

Personally, I spoke to him, it was great. He is a pleasant person to talk to, caring, soft. Very wise.
Last Edit: 01 Jul 2024 20:31 by frank.lee. Reason: Clarity

Re: Starting my own path 01 Jul 2024 20:44 #416157

• chosemyshem
  • Platinum Boarder
I think there's two basic benefits to speaking to someone about this - the act of speaking and the content of the speech. In other words, 1) Honestly connecting and sharing with another fighter, and, 2) The advice they give. 

HHM is a fantastic person to talk to for both benefits. He's someone who's very easy to talk to, and he's spoken to literally thousands of people. No reason to feel ashamed or scared when speaking to him. He also gives really great advice. And the advice he'll give will hit 10x harder than anonymous advice on a forum, since it's real, personal, advice from like, an actual person. 

Re: Starting my own path 18 Jul 2024 13:46 #417382

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 234 days
  • Gold Boarder
How's it going, friend?
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes