Welcome, Guest

Nothing to lose
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Nothing to lose 5709 Views

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 96 29 May 2024 03:07 #414279

• notezy
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 2
"Excuses are the tools of incompetence" -My Friends Friend. 

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 96 29 May 2024 05:22 #414285

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Urges today, they will pass.
I don't feel like I have to write about it every time anymore. 
the only reason I wrote about this one was because it felt like i was at the choice point again and made a better decision to let go.

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 96 29 May 2024 05:40 #414286

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Put inspiration into action, and it lasts longer.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 96 29 May 2024 13:34 #414305

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Alright after a long day of work ( Manual labor) i find I have urges diffrent than this morning. This morning was "I saw somthing and moved on with my day" this is diffrent. I think after a hard day of work their is a feeling of I earned rest and relaxation and that prompts the urges. Seeing as I fell around this time last time this could have played a role in my last fall.  Coupled with the openness of a new schedule. 
My plan is to go to learn after work but I am still working out the schedule and wanted to note the urges.

edit: the feeling of i earned some relaxation coupled with the entertaining of the idea of an option to give in is what caused me to fall last time and I still feel it here now.

Looking for advice.
I know people say go for a jog break a sweat but I did that all dsy and don't fancy the idea of sweating more.

Last Edit: 29 May 2024 13:37 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 96 29 May 2024 13:42 #414310

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
What, besides watching, recharges your battery? If you don't know, maybe time to try a few new things. 
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 96 29 May 2024 13:45 #414311

• chosemyshem
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 29 May 2024 13:34:
Alright after a long day of work ( Manual labor) i find I have urges diffrent than this morning. This morning was "I saw somthing and moved on with my day" this is diffrent. I think after a hard day of work their is a feeling of I earned rest and relaxation and that prompts the urges. Seeing as I fell around this time last time this could have played a role in my last fall.  Coupled with the openness of a new schedule. 
My plan is to go to learn after work but I am still working out the schedule and wanted to note the urges.

edit: the feeling of i earned some relaxation coupled with the entertaining of the idea of an option to give in is what caused me to fall last time and I still feel it here now.

Looking for advice.
I know people say go for a jog break a sweat but I did that all dsy and don't fancy the idea of sweating more.

So relax. What do you enjoy that's not p&m and/or a gateway to that?
A full day of hard work followed by a powerful night seder and exhaustedly crashing into bed is an amazing way to stay clean and out of all sorts of trouble. But it's totally fine to want to chill after work. You know what you enjoy and what types of activities you need to stay away from. I have full confidence that you can pick a good way of relaxing.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 96 29 May 2024 15:01 #414320

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
I had another fall 
I feel like I am in a new battlground I wasn't expecting this.
I have to recollect myself and make a new plan.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 96 29 May 2024 15:11 #414321

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 29 May 2024 15:01:
I had another fall 
I feel like I am in a new battlground I wasn't expecting this.
I have to recollect myself and make a new plan.

That's hard brother. We're here for you and impressed  you're already thinking about what you need to do. You'll get this!
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others
Last Edit: 29 May 2024 15:11 by BenHashemBH.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 96 30 May 2024 04:52 #414370

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Fell again this morning.

Re: Nothing to lose 30 May 2024 17:48 #414394

• funbuchur
  • Expert Boarder
המה כרעו ונפלו ואנחנו קמנו ונתעודד"They fall and stay down, but we rise up and overcome."
Keep it up we’re with you 

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 97 01 Jun 2024 18:34 #414457

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Going to keep updating about falls but might not Update every day my progress I'll still be keeping track for myself...
going to play out the new week and see where I go for now that's my plan.
I stayed clean this shabbos and their were some challenges.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 97 02 Jun 2024 04:13 #414466

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Had a fall last night 

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 97 02 Jun 2024 05:32 #414467

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Finished chapter 26 of TBOTG.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 97 02 Jun 2024 13:19 #414480

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Today I will beat that battle I fell at last week simply because I know the battle is coming this time after work. And strengthening myself at this moment my will and desire to be greater then this test.

Re: Nothing to lose - Update 98 03 Jun 2024 03:36 #414521

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
I had a fall at the end of the night.

Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes