Welcome, Guest

Nothing to lose
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Nothing to lose 5707 Views

Nothing to lose 24 Jan 2024 15:01 #407520

• notezy
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Nothing to lose by starting the 90 day challenge.
the challenges i see before me:
The sturggle to get off my devices.
staying positive and not falling into the trap of skipping steps.
finding ways to interact more with people in the real world.

I have struggled with this for many years I have tried different tools and I see what a differences it makes in my life when I am clean I might as well start. 
"Excuses are the tools of incompetence" -My Friends Friend. 

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: Nothing to lose 25 Jan 2024 05:10 #407563

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome. It should be with hatzlocha
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Nothing to lose 25 Jan 2024 13:43 #407577

• yiftach
  • Current streak: 240 days
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome!

BH many people have had hatzlacha here by sharing their story and eventually reaching out to REAL live people (as you wrote), and michelgelner@gmail.com is the best way to start.

The 90 day challenge can be successful using the right tools (that you wrote, you have tried). So stick around, give it a real shot (maybe not just that there's nothing to lose...).

Hatzlacha on your journey!!!
Looking forward to get to know you better! 

Email me @ yiftach1609@gmail.com or call/text 347-201-4989 (Google voice)

My story is unfolding here
"יפתח ה' לך את אוצרו הטוב"
Last Edit: 25 Jan 2024 13:44 by yiftach.

Re: Nothing to lose 25 Jan 2024 14:19 #407579

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome! Here’s a warm hand. 
There’s a LOT to gain by being on this road, together with others who understand what it’s like… 

Stick around and stay in touch. Life is different and better once you’re here. You’ll see!! 

my best, 
Chaim Oigen
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com
Last Edit: 25 Jan 2024 14:20 by chaimoigen.

Re: Nothing to lose 25 Jan 2024 21:21 #407599

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
notezy wrote on 24 Jan 2024 15:01:
Nothing to lose by starting the 90 day challenge.
the challenges i see before me:
The sturggle to get off my devices.
staying positive and not falling into the trap of skipping steps.
finding ways to interact more with people in the real world.

I have struggled with this for many years I have tried different tools and I see what a differences it makes in my life when I am clean I might as well start. 

You are so right. Nothing to lose and so much to gain!
We're here to be with you in this difficult but worthwhile struggle. 
Hatzlacha! Please keep up posted on your progress.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Nothing to lose - update 1 28 Jan 2024 06:31 #407694

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
First update: half a week in but it's the end of the week so an update:
so far it's been a good start a few things to note.
I relized almost Immediately 90 days is not in line with "not falling into the trap of skipping steps" so while it's of course a long term goal my first goal I'll make 5 days to be safe.
Second thing so far been I have been clean since I started although I had a wet dream over shabbos... I could have been more careful while on youtube the day before but it was not on purpose so I am not counting it as a fall. 

"Change will lead to insight far more often than insight will lead to change" -Milton H. Erickson

Re: Nothing to lose 28 Jan 2024 19:15 #407729

• yitzchokm
  • Current streak: 290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
According to the criteria in the 90-day chart intentionally viewing improper sites is considered a fall whereas a wet dream isn't. Also, according to the criteria "if someone saw something by mistake and then got a little bit carried away and kept looking at it, or even if someone saw a link and couldn't resist clicking on it but then catches themselves within a few seconds, that would only be considered a "slip", not a "fall". However, if someone decides to actively pursue viewing, that would be considered a fall." It all depends on what you were doing on YouTube and what your criteria are for improper sites. Also you posted in the past about blocking YouTube altogether because you don't need it. What happened with that hirhur teshuva? Keep on trucking and keep on posting.
Last Edit: 28 Jan 2024 19:58 by yitzchokm.

Re: Nothing to lose - update 2 01 Feb 2024 06:14 #408036

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
7days clean almost the end of the week going strong.
today I hit that 5th day clean bezrat hahsem so I will be upping my new goal to 10days clean

Last Edit: 01 Feb 2024 22:45 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose - update 3 01 Feb 2024 20:06 #408063

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
I am in 5 days in 8 if you dont count the wet dream as a fall and I am not sure what to attributes it to but I feel less random urges I have put in effort and I am trying and i am not asking for an easier fight I am rising to the occasion and it feels great and I got so much more room to grow. Baruch hashem I just want to remark on how it feels right now.

Last Edit: 01 Feb 2024 22:44 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose 02 Feb 2024 05:09 #408103

• crabapple18
  • Current streak: 1430 days
  • Gold Boarder
Keep Going!
Here to see what works for others and a good shmooze. 
Always here to share my journey N' what works for me. 
Feel free to reach out 24/6 charlesbosgod@gmail.com
One day at a time!
Today is what counts. RULE 62
It’s the first drink that gets me drunk.
“Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and [a] mystery.Today matters most
One lust drink is too many and a thousand isn't enough.
**Its a part of me, not who I am**

Re: Nothing to lose - update 4 03 Feb 2024 16:27 #408140

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Shavuah Tov, 10days clean I had a another Wet Dream over shabbos (that makes 2 so far on this journey) not gonna break a sweat because this time I didn't look at anything that might have prompted it (I am pretty sure) still annoying....
I guess my new goal is 15 days.
Overall going strong still nervous it can come crashing down but then again that's what's keeping my focused and on track so I shouldn't complain to much about that.

Last Edit: 03 Feb 2024 16:30 by notezy.

Re: Nothing to lose 04 Feb 2024 03:33 #408148

• yitzchokm
  • Platinum Boarder
In the F2F program it says that a study found that in the first few weeks after quitting P&M 53% experience an increase in wet dreams as withdrawal symptoms.

They are temporary and they eventually subside. Don't make anything out of it. Just ignore it and keep up your good work.
Last Edit: 04 Feb 2024 04:18 by yitzchokm.

Re: Nothing to lose - update 5 04 Feb 2024 12:28 #408166

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
Still clean today.
I Just have a sinking feeling. I am afraid of making a self fulfilling prophecy (I was unsure if I should write about it) that this week will be harder then the last 2 not sure why... trying not to be negative on here because I have seen going to much into depth about a problem can lead to failure because of it. But I just wanted to put out there that the mood has changed over the last few days. I guess you could describe it as the end of a honeymoon phase.

Re: Nothing to lose 04 Feb 2024 14:43 #408174

• yitzchokm
  • Platinum Boarder
The Flight to Freedom program calls this a pink cloud and it can happen early on in recovery. A pink cloud is when all your challenges disappear and you are on a honeymoon. This lasts for a short while and then the challenges come back. Keep using all the techniques you are using and keep up your good work.
Last Edit: 04 Feb 2024 21:27 by yitzchokm.

Re: Nothing to lose - update 6 04 Feb 2024 21:33 #408215

• notezy
  • Platinum Boarder
@yitzchokm yah that sound about accurate and somthing to look out for just wanted to follow up end of the night about to go to bed got past that hump this morning feel more hopeful again. I'll see how we end up feeling tommrow still going strong. Today makes 11days clean 

Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes