Welcome, Guest

shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 13934 Views

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 14 Feb 2011 19:41 #96914

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
We like you in both suits!
Last Edit: by .

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 14 Feb 2011 19:43 #96916

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
Boy, do we have a lot of catching up to do!

You have a lot of post to read.

We have a lot of Nesivas Sholom to get....

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 15 Feb 2011 04:29 #96985

• Dov
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
Mazel Tov on the marriage, but much bigger mazel Tov to both of you on your sobriety! It is, of course, far more precious.

Without sobriety, we have no marriage, in the end, and with sobriety, everything will work out in the end.

"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 15 Feb 2011 05:07 #96989

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazal tov, my dear friend!

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 15 Feb 2011 12:37 #97026

• Old Freind
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
Mazel tov and alleh brochos to you too SB

as son as someone gets me back into my old username... I am waiting to poost a few issues in the "married ppls forum". 

I still haven't succeding in mapping out my role as an ex-addict, in the role of a husband. In addition to the אגרת הקודש  from the רמב"ן and all he says about this.    plus the practical application of chazal not to be noheig any mjidas chasiddus on the expense of another.    I have sought daas torah, but the practical applications of other adddicts also factors in, so i won't attept the impossible for my matzav at this point in time.

bekitzur, can someone get me the code for Shemirateinayim username ?????

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 18 Feb 2011 21:38 #97550

• silentbattle
  • Current streak: 1628 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't have that power, but I'm not sure what exactly  you meant by that last post. Can you elaborate a little, please?

Have a great shabbos!

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 18 Feb 2011 21:50 #97552

• Dov
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
Dear "Avda...",

Email or PM Guard or Kedusha about it.

"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 27 Mar 2011 10:13 #102131

• Old Freind
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
Hi everybody, i saw an interesting vort from the sfas emes, Passhar ha'azinu One of the first ones there. that apparently we won't say tachnun between yom kippur and sukkos becaause one who is busy preparing for a mitzva doesn't have time for aveiros.  But once we actually start that mitzva, it's another story. So he points out, mikan the hachana of a mitzva is greater than the acual kiyum hamitzva. because when you do the mitzva itself, the level of zrizus, vevaijus, kavana, simcha, etc... have all been defined. however during the hachana you have the ability to refine yourself and your ac\tions to do a mitzva bishlaimus. 

in this weeks (1.5)n leading up to bein hazmanim, lets' make it a hachana for shmiras einayim... and hopefully that should at least protect us untill then.

I'm doing well for all my fans out there. KOT, "porgressive-recovery", taking life "one day at a time", etc etc etc

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 17 Nov 2011 13:49 #125821

• shemirateinayim
In this wasrefull generation, I would like to set an example, by scouring the whole website for my OLD THREADS and not starting new ones out of shear laziness.       

Day 1

Why is today day 1?      Not because I somehow managed to withhold my hands from my pants, and my eyes from bad sights, since then i would only count it at the conclusion of the day.    Because I will not allow myself to slip/fall.

Why will tomorrow be day 2? because I am determined to start my sobriety right now, and continue to live with it. (A scary thought at the moment, but I know it's possible to take it one day at a time.)

I have everything to lose if I give-in to even the "first sip", and מצד שני I have my whole life, persona, self respect, and accomplishments to regain by staying sober.

The scariest thing for me will come in a few weeks, but that I can only discuss in the married folks forum, please G-D {"higher power"} save me when it comes!!!

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 17 Nov 2011 16:27 #125847

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Hi, old friend.  Hoping to make you a new friend.  I am relatively new here (even though i just topped 900 posts  :o).  Nice to meet you!

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 17 Nov 2011 16:44 #125853

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi SE, another relatively newbie here. I have read some of your older stuff and all I can say is you have it tough but you are a real fighter!

Stay strong and Keep On Trucking!!!!!! We will all be here to cheer you on!

Gevura!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 17 Nov 2011 17:02 #125856

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
ShemiratEinayim an Old friend wrote on 17 Nov 2011 13:49:

I have everything to lose if I give-in to even the "first sip", and מצד שני I have my whole life, persona, self respect, and accomplishments to regain by staying sober.

Q. How can a powerless addict resist that 1st drink??

A. He cannot.

P.S. He can get used to reaching out to others at the first sign of 'thirst'. He can learn to rely on the power of others outside of himself to keep him sane.

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 17 Nov 2011 19:10 #125893

• shemirateinayim
Bingo Yosef...       

What i hat about the Big Book is that there is no תמצית, and all the punchlines are few and far in between

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 17 Nov 2011 19:40 #125899

• Yosef Hatzadik
  • Platinum Boarder
  • A GYE'er since 2010
"Rarely have we seen someone who was successful in working these steps on his own, outside the framework of a group....." (Is this a quote?)
Last Edit: 17 Nov 2011 19:55 by .

Re: shemirat einayim. Finally going on the chart 17 Nov 2011 20:01 #125901

• shemirateinayim
Thisty!?!?!?!??

I feal the rush of exhiliration waiting to be fulfiled!!

I saw a small peek of 'flesh' and now I am ready to forfeit all spirituality for a tasteless fleeting lie.

Ribono Shel olam you want my stay in this world to be an עליה רוחנית. Please save me from being משחית everything for one second of tayvah tonight!!
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes