Welcome, Guest

Chooseurnames 90 day trip
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Chooseurnames 90 day trip 7858 Views

Re: Chooseurnames 90 day trip 11 Aug 2024 18:26 #418902

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
In the first situation you were able to avoid seeing anything at all

In the second situation You were uncomfortable because you saw some thing that you know you don’t want to see.

It would be helpful to celebrate the second situation as a win as well.
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.
Last Edit: 11 Aug 2024 18:27 by vehkam.

Re: Chooseurnames 90 day trip 11 Aug 2024 18:31 #418903

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree with Vekham.

Also:

The first one was internal and probably developed.

The second was external and popped up in an instant.

KOMT
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others

Re: Chooseurnames 90 day trip 11 Aug 2024 18:48 #418905

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Perhaps, In the second instance, you came abruptly in direct contact with the fact that exposure is unavoidable, and a part of you wanted to welcome it. That’s an uncomfortable feeling, especially coming off the high of the purity of the first experience. 

As Vehkam said, celebrate both. 

I am touched and gratified that you appreciate (and added to!) the point I was making about the Turkey-Slug King and his Malchus. 

Keep going! 

we are, 
Looking towards Chayim
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: Chooseurnames 90 day trip 11 Aug 2024 22:35 #418915

• horizon
  • Gold Boarder
My thought process:

in the second there was a real person that you were tempted to objectify. That might be a belittling feeling.

Do celebrate both, and keep turkey slug king trucking!!

טאטע טאטע טאטע איך וויל זיין, יא איך וויל זיין, א ירא שמים

my forum

Re: Chooseurnames 90 day trip 12 Aug 2024 03:32 #418951

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 234 days
  • Gold Boarder
chosemyshem wrote on 11 Aug 2024 17:52:
Had an interesting experience Friday afternoon (idk why my Friday afternoons have been so interesting the last couple weeks.)

Ended up having the house to myself for a few minutes before shabbos. A thought popped into my head to act out. I pushed it out, but it popped back in.

I felt like I could've white knuckled through, but I had the yishuv hadas to deal with it better. I paused, acknowledged and accepted the urge, davened for help, decided I didn't have to give in, and felt the joy in not giving in.

I felt amazing. It felt like I was going into shabbos with real purity.

Ahh...the beauty of true progress! (Sorry, can't help it...)
My friend, this coming Shabbos please celebrate this progress appropriately.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
I am very happy for you!
KOMTKS!!!

Re: Chooseurnames 90 day trip 12 Aug 2024 18:40 #419024

• chosemyshem
  • Platinum Boarder
Some thought provoking responses.

My initial thought was that in the first scenario I didn't actually need to restrict myself. I just did what was supposed to be doing then (getting ready for shabbos) instead of going to do something different.

In the second scenario I had to change what I was doing. I couldn't just keep walking, I had to restrict my field of vision - and that felt uncomfortable.

But alot of truth to the points y'all made. By the way, I did celebrate both scenarios as wins. But only the first one left me instinctively feeling that purity.

I raised the wife-out-of-town binge on the Desparado's call yesterday, and there was some real, deep, truth in response. Unfortunately, I forgot most of it already. But I'll summarize some points I recall for anyone else in a similar situation:

1) The issue is not the wife going out of town, or the way I act when my wife goes out of town. That's just a slightly more severe manifestation/symptom of the issue. The issue is the way I live my life.
2) Preparing for something like that the way I did likely was anticipation.
3) Instead of, or rather in addition to, connection with chevra, it would have been more powerful to connect with my wife and share whatever I could about how I was feeling (obv. in the appropriate way). 
4) The main thing is, I gotta fix the way I live my life so I can continue to live that life even when there's a disruption in the normal set up or routine.
Last Edit: 12 Aug 2024 18:41 by chosemyshem.

Re: Chooseurnames 90 day trip 14 Aug 2024 16:24 #419172

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 234 days
  • Gold Boarder
chosemyshem wrote on 12 Aug 2024 18:40:
Some thought provoking responses.

Since when does not being invited bother me? Wha'ever

My friend, I am looking forward!

Re: Chooseurnames 90 day trip 14 Aug 2024 19:13 #419179

• chosemyshem
  • Platinum Boarder
All right, here's some consolation to make up for all the Tisha B'av torah.

-----------------------------------------

As I sat drowsing on a cold hard floor, bent over a tome of tragedies far and near, my mind wandered. How long? For how long, O' G-d, must we wallow in our blood in the path? How long are we to be beaten and despised in these strange lands?

And my heart cried out, "Oh my G-d, where are you"??

And from the depths of my soul a voice arose and it cried a distant echo, "I am where I have always been. But where are you, my child?"

And I fell into a deepest black.

I know not how long I lay there dreaming, but I was awakened by a gentle shake. Through bleary eyes I saw a kindly old Yemenite man, with a long white beard and wisest eyes I've ever seen. When he saw I was awake, he gestured me to follow.

We passed through a small grey door down an endless stone corridor. Walking on and on for timeless ages until at last we came to a room so vast I could not see any end. The room was filled with a pool of crystal waters, illuminated gently by a skylight in the vaulted roof. Wordlessly, he gestured for me to immerse. I melted into the still blue depths and was lost. Arising, I was born anew.

From somewhere the old man had produced a robe of the whitest linen. I held out my arms and he dressed me; wrapping a matching turban on my head he led me on. 

We came to the end of the corridor and he gestured me through a door. 

I entered a chamber roofed with stars. There was an endless commotion. People running, shouting, furiously working on an enormous building. In the crowd I saw many faces I knew, but they did not turn to me. They seemed engrossed in their labor.

Before me was a man with a face shining with love and fear. Sitting upon a small folding chair as if it it was a throne of finest gold he gestured to a pile of marble bricks beside him, each brick flickering like a flame. "Shem," he greeted me. "At last. We were waiting quite a while for you to get here. The bricks are almost done. Please," he says while lifting a brick, "Go place this on the wall". 

I take the brick but cannot move. "Go", he says, "The work is almost done." 

"Forgive me, my king," I stammer, and he squeezes my arm supportively. "Forgive me, but I cannot take this stone. These hands are filled with blood and with theft. These hands have been lifted in anger against another Jew. How can these hands place a stone on the Beis Hamikdash?"

I look down in shame, but the king smiles. "Listen."

I listen and I hear a whisper that roars like a lion

"מַ֣יִם רַבִּ֗ים לֹ֤א יֽוּכְלוּ֙ לְכַבּ֣וֹת אֶת־הָֽאַהֲבָ֔ה"

And the world filled with light.

I'm awake I'm awake. My head is pounding, the kids are screaming, and my wife is telling me something but I can't. They're calling me from work and i didn't finish the project and i didn't do it right and i can't. there's a heat building between my legs and i need to let it out i need a release i need to escape i need.

And the world is filled with light.

The world is filled with light.
Last Edit: 16 Aug 2024 15:15 by chosemyshem.

Re: Chooseurnames 90 day trip 14 Aug 2024 21:07 #419186

• 138eagle
  • Current streak: 162 days
  • Senior Boarder
Shem
Your posts and words are truly inspiring!!

Keep Flying!!

Re: Chooseurnames 90 day trip 15 Aug 2024 16:20 #419225

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hot Darn. I pushed the “Thank you” button like 19 times, but it only registered once. 
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: Chooseurnames 90 day trip 15 Aug 2024 16:58 #419229

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
For 50 bucks I'll let you use mine. I was withholding it till now with that in mind
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face

Re: Chooseurnames 90 day trip 15 Aug 2024 17:25 #419236

• chosemyshem
  • Platinum Boarder
redfaced wrote on 15 Aug 2024 16:58:
For 50 bucks I'll let you use mine. I was withholding it till now with that in mind

Aderaba. Skip the thank you and send me the 50 bucks. Heck, I'll even give you the friends and family discount and cut it to $40.
I accept cash, gold, and bitcoin.

Re: Chooseurnames 90 day trip 15 Aug 2024 21:09 #419258

• chosemyshem
  • Platinum Boarder
chaimoigen wrote on 05 Apr 2024 18:37:

chooseurname wrote on 05 Apr 2024 17:21:

Hashem Help Me wrote on 05 Apr 2024 16:48:
How about an accountability partner?

I did try that. But then just stopped texting when I had falls...

How about a relationship? Breaking out of the “alternate-universe” of a secret life, and meeting someone who cares and knows who you are. And maybe he helps you see that you can be more than you thought… 

See above…

Sheesh all this great stuff buried in this thread. I'm putting this little dialogue in my signature
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes