Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Square one 16472 Views

Re: Square one 01 Jun 2021 05:14 #369292

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Looking_to_improve wrote on 31 May 2021 22:43:
Still trying to search for things to look at.I haven't internalised my thoughts, and they aren't reflected in my actions. I have more taiva than I remember this far into a streak. I need to stop being overly reliant on my filter

I thought of this once, nothing to do with you but you reminded me so I am going to write it on your thread, I wonder what you think.

I find that I masturbate basically whenever I am not doing anything else. But the guilt kills me so instead, i search for stuff to trigger my, then I am an ones right? 

Haha right? No that's really what goes through my mind sometimes. I feel better with "triggering myself" There's no issur in the Torah for triggering myself blah blah blah. But masturbating? I didn't have a choice, what could I do, I was triggered!

I don't have any advice for you, just hang in there. It's not easy but try to focus on the how strong you are for getting a strong filter (I assume) and thank Hashem for making filters in the first place. We have so much to be grateful for but my filter literally saves my life time and again. I don't think it's a healthy sign, but it's where I am at right now so I am grateful for that.

In High school we once read a poem called "A Fence or an Ambulance" which basically described a debate whether the town should put up a fence at the edge of the cliff, or just put an Ambulance at the bottom. I am not referring to filters here as the fence, I am just trying to bring out that when you fall off the cliff, you need an Ambulance, when you hit the fence, you just bounce back. When we do have filters in place, and we do hit the fence, take as a reminder that all you need to do is bounce off it and walk back into town.

Wishing you hatzlacha,
Wilnevergiveup 
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: Square one 01 Jun 2021 09:23 #369297

Feeling a bit ill now, so taking it easy in bed rather than going to shiur. However, I'm still feeling some taiva from last night, and ideally I would try to keep myself occupied if I wasn't ill.
Looks like it's gonna be a tough day

Re: Square one 01 Jun 2021 11:15 #369299

BH still clean. I'm going to try to go to afternoon seder and stay busy 

Re: Square one 01 Jun 2021 12:33 #369303

• Snowflake
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
Staying busy is always good. Staying alone with your thoughts, not so much.
Keep up the good work!!
אם יהיו חטאיכם כשנים, כשלג ילבינו

Re: Square one 01 Jun 2021 14:05 #369308

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hang in there.

The real you wants to be clean.

The real you doesn't want to have to pick up the pieces and recommit....that THIS time things will be different.

The real you knows what will truly cause you more pain.

The real you is inside of you right now too. Hear it out. 

Maybe try to break the day into smaller increments and focus on each on at a time. Looking ahead at a whole day in bed feeling icky, and still being clean is intimidating. 

But if I was this awesome dude called "Looking_to_improve"...I wouldn't be intimidated. 

Re: Square one 01 Jun 2021 21:13 #369322

Day 47
BH clean, glad that I didn't make use of the fact I wasn't feeling great to act out

Re: Square one 01 Jun 2021 21:27 #369323

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
Looking_to_improve wrote on 01 Jun 2021 21:13:
Day 47
BH clean, glad that I didn't make use of the fact I wasn't feeling great to act out

So are we!

Re: Square one 02 Jun 2021 16:06 #369347

Ive been following you on this forum for awhile now, and it's so good to see you doing this well! Keep it up! Stick to your plan, try to avoid looking at things you shouldn't, be very careful with how you deal with emotions that could lead to feeling the urge, and don't forget we are all here to support you no matter what happens! 

Re: Square one 02 Jun 2021 21:24 #369364

Day 48
Clean today bH

Re: Square one 02 Jun 2021 21:58 #369365

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
LookingToImprove, maybe it is time to start mentoring someone. You have enough experience to be able to validate another guy's feelings of yi'ush etc. At the same time you can share your successes which have been real and consistent. Guys won't be intimidated by you because you are still struggling too. The benefits to you are twofold. One - As you share chizuk and advice, you will find that all that you have learned about these inyonim will become clearer to you as you verbalize it in your own style. Second - Knowing that your "talmid/chaver" is observing you, creates a mechayev to stay clean. You will be thinking, "I can't fall - what effect will it have on him?" 

Makes sense?
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Square one 03 Jun 2021 11:05 #369399

Hashem Help Me wrote on 02 Jun 2021 21:58:
LookingToImprove, maybe it is time to start mentoring someone. You have enough experience to be able to validate another guy's feelings of yi'ush etc. At the same time you can share your successes which have been real and consistent. Guys won't be intimidated by you because you are still struggling too. The benefits to you are twofold. One - As you share chizuk and advice, you will find that all that you have learned about these inyonim will become clearer to you as you verbalize it in your own style. Second - Knowing that your "talmid/chaver" is observing you, creates a mechayev to stay clean. You will be thinking, "I can't fall - what effect will it have on him?" 

Makes sense?

Perhaps, but seems like a lot of pressure. I'm happy to be in contact with guys my age, but I'm more hesitant to play a mentor role. Also I don't think I'm fully in a healthy place yet (although maybe you are davka telling me now regardless )

Re: Square one 03 Jun 2021 11:20 #369401

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
There is actually a third benefit - You will iyh start feeling good about yourself......
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Square one 03 Jun 2021 22:26 #369434

Day 49
7 weeks clean bH!

Re: Square one 03 Jun 2021 22:42 #369435

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
Looking_to_improve wrote on 03 Jun 2021 22:26:
Day 49
7 weeks clean bH!

שבע שבתות תמימות תהיינה!!

Re: Square one 04 Jun 2021 14:33 #369458