Welcome, Guest

Starting again!!!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Starting again!!! 7525 Views

Re: Starting again!!! 01 Dec 2020 04:06 #357991

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
excellence wrote on 30 Nov 2020 21:59:
oh, and i'm sure you've read markz amazing link. it is a MUST
 www.guardureyes.com/GUE/PDFs/eBooks/The%20First%20Day%20of%20the%20Rest%20of%20My%20Life.pdf

Hey I forgot about that one.
Yes it’s a must.
I like suggesting it, because it has a great story line, and who doesn’t like a ‘truth stranger than fiction’ serial 
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Starting again!!! 01 Dec 2020 06:32 #357997

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
How we doin buddy?

Re: Starting again!!! 01 Dec 2020 21:32 #358036

• excellence
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Zedj wrote on 30 Nov 2020 23:01:
It's a very well written translation.

I'm already half way through.
Also extremely relatable.

Any other helpful and MUST have links like this?
Please send for the people's
Thank you

I highly recommend all markz links from his signature, try this too  guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/265946?limit=150#265946
markz has a number of links there.
I personally also found good stuff on the old gye site here

www.guardureyes.com/GUE/Tips/GUETips.asp

also try the threads on smart recovery they really spell out a plan on how to change.

Re: Starting again!!! 02 Dec 2020 02:05 #358053

• oivedelokim
  • Current streak: 61 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wolskzion wrote on 01 Dec 2020 03:02:
I suggest you make an honesty pact with a friend you trust that if you fall you will let him know. It is the best method. It worked for me.

I tried that before. Didn’t work out. I don’t have friendships like that right now...
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

If you are reading this-you have a friend in me.
Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).
(For the background and meaning of my username- see Tanya chapter 15).

My current thread 
Last Edit: 02 Dec 2020 02:40 by oivedelokim.

Re: Starting again!!! 02 Dec 2020 02:08 #358054

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
I’m heading back to yeshiva. Hope to have a good run until Chanukah break. I’m going to stay in touch with some of you by phone or email. Thanks for your support 
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).

My current thread 

Re: Starting again!!! 02 Dec 2020 05:51 #358079

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
To excellence,

This is gold!
Thank you

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Last Edit: 02 Dec 2020 05:52 by zedj.

Re: Starting again!!! 14 Dec 2020 18:22 #358683

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey guys.
Happy to be back here. My Chanukah break starts today, until the beginning of next week. To protect myself this bein hazmanim, I created a contract with the help of a dear GYE friend to regulate my unfiltered device usage. That’s to cover סור מרע. As far as עשה טוב goes- After I post here I will create a list of goals for the week and a daily schedule outline of all learning, davening and other activities so that I have less opportunity to fall.

Wishing you all a bright, uplifting and happy Chanukah!

My current thread 

Re: Starting again!!! 14 Dec 2020 23:16 #358707

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Hatzlocha! Great to see u back here buddy

Re: Starting again!!! 15 Dec 2020 04:32 #358736

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
I had a pretty solid first day of bein hazmanim. I met my daily learning goals, had some good social interactions, and gave out many menorah’s to Jews that didn’t yet have. Didn’t really have any struggles to report. I’m really grateful for the smooth sailing and I hope that it holds up.
מעט אור דוחה הרבה חושך
א פרייליכען חנוכה 

My current thread 

Re: Starting again!!! 15 Dec 2020 21:23 #358784

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back!

Looks like your on a roll!

Keeping yourself busy helps alot.
Keep it up!

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Re: Starting again!!! 16 Dec 2020 05:23 #358809

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 16.
I slept in pretty late today, but I still went to Mikva, davened with a minyan, learned with a chavrusa, met my daily learning goals, and spent my evening distributing menorahs. Pretty solid day, Bh. Besides for the occasional lustful glance, there was little struggle in guarding my eyes or my thoughts.
Gotta get to bed. Have a busy schedule planned for tomorrow...

My current thread 

Re: Starting again!!! 17 Dec 2020 03:30 #358877

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Day #17:
Clean. Accomplished. Busy.
Not words I generally associate with bein hazmanim... Words that define my life right now.
It’s strange how fleeting my highs and lows are. By my last fall I was in a terrible emotional state for at least a week before and after. Now I am energized, happy, hopeful and focused. I pulled myself out of a rut through self-talk and pushing myself to engage with the world, by bite sized activities and goals, and social interactions. It’s unbelievable the contrast, but it also teaches me something I always knew- מוח שליט על הלב.

My current thread 

Re: Starting again!!! 17 Dec 2020 03:32 #358878

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Amazing Amazing!
I have no words. I’m so so happy for you!
Keep shteiging and keep in touch!
Ah! Such a beautiful Kli for Hashraas HaShechina!

Re: Starting again!!! 17 Dec 2020 20:42 #358977

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Today has been slow and lethargic, but it’s not over yet. Gonna go daven mincha, light menorah, and get in a few hours of learning, productivity and connection. See y’all later.

My current thread 

Re: Starting again!!! 18 Dec 2020 04:51 #359043

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
OivedElokim wrote on 17 Dec 2020 20:42:
Today has been slow and lethargic, but it’s not over yet. Gonna go daven mincha, light menorah, and get in a few hours of learning, productivity and connection. See y’all later.

Howd it go? How u holdin up with the infiltered stuff around?
Time to create page: 0.72 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes