Welcome, Guest

Going to do this
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Going to do this 3906 Views

Re: Going to do this 17 Jun 2020 04:46 #351365

Hashem Help Me wrote on 16 Jun 2020 21:38:
For anyone thinking of starting an innocent boyfriend girlfriend relationship it would be advisable to watch or listen to Rabbi Orlofsky's masterful presentation titled "The Platonic Relationship". Besides bluntly confronting the challenges, he happens to be very funny.....,

Absolutely genius and hilarious, well worth the time(available on apple podcasts and anywhere 
"You will never be entirely comfortable. This is the truth behind the champion – he is always fighting something. To do otherwise is to settle."
Battle on, and I always take advice.

Re: Going to do this 18 Jun 2020 01:10 #351436

• yosef10
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 16 Jun 2020 21:38:
For anyone thinking of starting an innocent boyfriend girlfriend relationship it would be advisable to watch or listen to Rabbi Orlofsky's masterful presentation titled "The Platonic Relationship". Besides bluntly confronting the challenges, he happens to be very funny.....,

Ya, I'm a big fan of his. He gives a Shmooze once a week via podcast call the Rabbi Orlofsky Show, I get a lot of laughs out of it... And something to say on the parsha sometimes also. 

Theres something about his charisma, everyone just likes him. 
"Sometimes the only Bechira we have is to ask for help"

Maybe you can gain something by following my journey... Or not, whatever works
MY Forum

Re: Going to do this 18 Jun 2020 12:57 #351463

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Day 44: Clean.

The y'h is really out to get us, YouTube has found a way to circumvent ad block and has been serving me the most ridiculous ads, I dont have a choice then and am going to have to drop YouTube.
Your best teacher for success is your last mistake

Re: Going to do this 18 Jun 2020 13:58 #351465

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Meyer M. wrote on 18 Jun 2020 12:57:
Day 44: Clean.

The y'h is really out to get us, YouTube has found a way to circumvent ad block and has been serving me the most ridiculous ads, I dont have a choice then and am going to have to drop YouTube.

Many guys here have come to realize that for their personal hatzlocha, they had to inconvenience themselves and make things less accessible. Whether it's youtube as in your case, or other sites for other guys, people realize that Hashem is asking from us to sacrifice convenience (much less a nisayon than sacrificing parnassa for shmiras Shabbos that our great grandparents had to do). If that is your decision, be proud, knowing that you are giving Hashem tremendous nachas. And also realize that by posting, you are being an inspiration for others to move out of their comfort zones too. Hatzlocha.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Going to do this 19 Jun 2020 03:14 #351499

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Day 45: Clean

Trying to drop YouTube, did watch a little out of habit, nothing serious came up though b’h... I do have hobbys that I use YouTube to learn more about or solve problems, I’m either going to have to get a better adblock (techloq perhaps) or look for another way to not use YouTube and still get the information I need.

Re: Going to do this 19 Jun 2020 03:22 #351502

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Oh and I forgot to mention, Halfway to 90 days completed.

what an achievement! With camp coming up this week hopefully the other 45 will be a breeze!

Re: Going to do this 19 Jun 2020 05:37 #351514

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
You are doing awesome!

Keep it up!
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: Going to do this 19 Jun 2020 06:14 #351516

Try to think of the sacrifice as building and investing in a relationship with your Father. Its our goal in life to get closer to Him and he's waiting and craves for us to develop that bond. And whats a relationship without sacrifice.
"You will never be entirely comfortable. This is the truth behind the champion – he is always fighting something. To do otherwise is to settle."
Last Edit: 19 Jun 2020 06:15 by battle-of-the-gen.

Re: Going to do this 19 Jun 2020 10:56 #351523

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
battle-of-the-gen wrote on 19 Jun 2020 06:14:
Try to think of the sacrifice as building and investing in a relationship with your Father. Its our goal in life to get closer to Him and he's waiting and craves for us to develop that bond. And whats a relationship without sacrifice.

100% true and I'm looking for an alternate way to get the information I need on a daily basis, I'm sure I'll find something 

Re: Going to do this 21 Jun 2020 05:28 #351557

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Day 46: Clean

Day 47: Clean

Re: Going to do this 22 Jun 2020 04:01 #351612

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Day 48: Clean. Wasn't bothered today, keeping yourself occupied is crucial to this fight.

Re: Going to do this 22 Jun 2020 13:35 #351634

• Snowflake
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
Keep posting great news
I say for myself, I don't post on every thread, but even when I don't, I read it and get chizuk from it. So I'm sure a lot of people (myself included) are getting chizuk from your thread even if they're not replying to it on a constant basis.
אם יהיו חטאיכם כשנים, כשלג ילבינו

Re: Going to do this 23 Jun 2020 10:35 #351669

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Snowflake wrote on 22 Jun 2020 13:35:
Keep posting great news
I say for myself, I don't post on every thread, but even when I don't, I read it and get chizuk from it. So I'm sure a lot of people (myself included) are getting chizuk from your thread even if they're not replying to it on a constant basis.

Thank You!

Day 49: Clean. Going to be heading up to sleep-away today, so this is going to be the last post for 6-8 weeks. I have already marked day 90 on my calendar and I'm looking forward to it. Going to miss the chats and wishing y'all a easy time. Peace out.

Re: Going to do this 22 Jul 2020 03:57 #352857

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Fell....day 78, I want to cry....

Depression took ahold of me for the last 2 weeks and it wasn’t even a mild form, was pretty bad and I fell apart today....going to get help for the depression as it seems to be at the root of the problem 

In the meantime, onward I go....

Re: Going to do this 22 Jul 2020 04:25 #352860

Hey hey, keep your head up. 78 days clean is a huge accomplishment! Tremendous.
We're here for you. 
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes