Welcome, Guest

Going to do this
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Going to do this 3908 Views

Going to do this 05 May 2020 13:12 #349216

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
was clean for 24 days, I never in my mind would've thought I would've been able to do it, I though I was going to be clean for a week at most and here we are at 3 weeks (24 days), unfortunately I fell but I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do next
Your best teacher for success is your last mistake

Re: Going to do this 05 May 2020 13:16 #349217

• starting
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You're doing amazing! Great attitude!
Keep us posted 
The start of 'STARting' is 'star'. Just start and you're a star!!

'the cleaner I stay, the cleaner I stay' - AlexEliezer
העבר עיני מראות שוא, בדרכך חינו (תהלים קיט, לז)
PM me for my phone number

Re: Going to do this 05 May 2020 15:19 #349220

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Meyer M. wrote on 05 May 2020 13:12:
was clean for 24 days, I never in my mind would've thought I would've been able to do it, I though I was going to be clean for a week at most and here we are at 3 weeks (24 days), unfortunately I fell but I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do next

If we were trying to stay clean and had a fall, we must realize that we haven’t lost anything that we gained until now. We simply have to get up and continue from where we left off. The Steipler once told someone who complained to him about how difficult this struggle was, that the times we fail are erasable, but every time we pass a test is a Kinyan that's ours to keep forever. Even if we are successfully misgaber (overcome) only once in a while at first, this initial hisgabrus will ultimately lead us to break free completely.  

So if you were doing great for a while and had yet another fall, don’t despair! Trust that Hashem had much Nachas Ruach from your spiritual successes, but he wanted you to take it to the next level and therefore he gave you these pitfalls, even though he knew you would fall. What makes a person great is his ability to get back up, despite his falls. And davka by having to renew our determination from the ground up, we are rocketed into a much closer Kesher with Hashem than we ever had before!

Instead of getting down on ourselves after a fall, let us reflect back on how many times we did manage to say “no” to the Yetzer Hara before he won us over now! Let’s recall the many tens - if not hundreds - of times during the past clean-streak that we didn’t give in to him! We definitely have the upper hand in this war. He is determined to make us feel down so that we should continue to slip. But let us focus on the overall picture. Even though we may have lost a battle now, we are still winning the war. Let’s rejoice about our successes and get right back up for the next round, where B’Ezras Hashem, we will do even better!

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
Last Edit: 05 May 2020 15:20 by davidt.

Re: Going to do this 06 May 2020 02:35 #349270

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Day 1: i dont expect to post every single day but I'll see depending on how things roll, today after the fall were some times of feeling like continuing off the cliff, thankfully thats over. I hope the fact that i didnt go specifically to emiss (was a mistake) hopefully makes it a little easier to bounce back

Re: Going to do this 06 May 2020 04:57 #349277

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
Well done for bouncing back!
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: Going to do this 07 May 2020 01:26 #349344

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Day 2: still going strong, controlled my thoughts a lot more and used the lessons from the previous fall to lead them out of my head. I have to say learning is becoming quite easier (although its still a challenge to work out) and I hope to add a couple more shiurim (e.x. shmuz.com) to my schedule, if anyone knows of any such shiurim online that would be great, and I would really appreciate it. 

Re: Going to do this 07 May 2020 03:24 #349357

• Singularity
  • Platinum Boarder
Rabbi Orlofsky's podcasts on Torahanytime will always give you a cheer.

My Thread

Re: Going to do this 07 May 2020 15:24 #349366

• givemechizzuk
  • Current streak: 111 days
  • Fresh Boarder
i needed this. i also went for over a while not falling after just starting out and now just fell. hearing you struggle with the same thing and getting back up, inspires me to do the same.
yesod ha'chassidus ve'shoresh ho'avodah...

find your duty... make it real!!!!...  make your goals...  set your sights...  and work for it!!!!!
reach out at sbthe.ace@gmail.com I'm always willing to talk

Re: Going to do this 08 May 2020 04:03 #349396

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Day 3: kept myself occupied the whole day today and had no issues throughout the day, too easy if you ask me, but if it works then so be it. gonna give torahanytime a run tommorow, thanks for the suggestion
Last Edit: 08 May 2020 04:06 by Meyer M..

Re: Going to do this 10 May 2020 05:12 #349485

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Day 4: Friday not much here, busy whole day
Day 5: Had a beautiful shabbos, had a few thoughts but quickly moved them on

Re: Going to do this 10 May 2020 07:09 #349491

• Singularity
  • Platinum Boarder
Rockstar!

My Thread

Re: Going to do this 10 May 2020 15:12 #349502

• vetaher1
  • Current streak: 59 days
  • Junior Boarder
keep it rolling! you're gonna get there!!
Unstoppable: finding strength in the midst of setbacks

Re: Going to do this 10 May 2020 22:49 #349521

You have an awesome attitude! Keep that up and the Yetzer Hara won't stand a chance. keep it up!

Re: Going to do this 11 May 2020 03:43 #349538

• Meyer M.
  • Gold Boarder
Day 6: yknow this feels almost too easy, I would say i feel like im walking into a trap but i dont know, maybe its easy right now because i had 3 weeks to change my addiction needs and now i dont need it as much, then again maybe because im investing so much time into reality, I dont feel like wasting any time in fantasies? i dont know, im just happier than iv been in a LONG time

Re: Going to do this 11 May 2020 16:34 #349557

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Meyer M. wrote on 11 May 2020 03:43:
Day 6: yknow this feels almost too easy, I would say i feel like im walking into a trap but i dont know, maybe its easy right now because i had 3 weeks to change my addiction needs and now i dont need it as much, then again maybe because im investing so much time into reality, I dont feel like wasting any time in fantasies? i dont know, im just happier than iv been in a LONG time

You need to be aware that its normal to feel weak after some time of keeping clean. Most people go thru this stage.The ones that realize what's behind this, stay strong an the others fall back and then start the same cycle again.The reason is that the initial emotional excitement wares off ... now its an intellectual struggle. 

The good thing is that when you get over this bump, and you stay strong not because of feelings but because you know what's important and you want in life, things really start falling into place - big time!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com
Last Edit: 11 May 2020 16:35 by davidt.
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes