Welcome, Guest

from zero to 90
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: from zero to 90 10650 Views

from zero to 90 04 Sep 2019 08:18 #343371

• drust
  • Junior Boarder
I don't know how many days I can persevere against evil's temptations and bad thoughts... But the only one thing that I want is to defeat bad habits and stop watching inappropriate things.
I should break this endless cycle... I should unleash my soul from dirty habits.
I see the day all of us are celebrating our 90-days challenges.

Re: from zero to 90 06 Sep 2019 15:05 #343403

• drust
  • Junior Boarder
both ways.... Unfortunately both internet and real society make me fall. In real society I should control my eyes but it's so difficult. and at home I should to avoid of being alone, but It's difficult to go out , too.
I don't know what to do.
I don't know what to do.
Last Edit: 06 Sep 2019 15:06 by drust.

Re: from zero to 90 06 Sep 2019 15:07 #343404

• drust
  • Junior Boarder
drust wrote on 04 Sep 2019 08:18:
I don't know how many days I can persevere against evil's temptations and bad thoughts... But the only one thing that I want is to defeat bad habits and stop watching inappropriate things.
I should break this endless cycle... I should unleash my soul from dirty habits.
I see the day all of us are celebrating our 90-days challenges.

YEA DRUST
Keep going and persevere..

Re: from zero to 90 07 Sep 2019 20:57 #343411

• ColinColin
  • Current streak: 622 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Drust

Just because an image stimulates desire, it does not mean you have to act on that desire.

Try using the technique of Mindfulness.

www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/beyond-self-destructive-behavior/201601/mindfulness-in-the-treatment-self-destructive-behavior
Last Edit: 07 Sep 2019 21:01 by ColinColin.

Re: from zero to 90 13 Sep 2019 16:41 #343550

• drust
  • Junior Boarder
sleepy wrote on 08 Sep 2019 09:11:

drust wrote on 06 Sep 2019 15:05:
both ways.... Unfortunately both internet and real society make me fall. In real society I should control my eyes but it's so difficult. and at home I should to avoid of being alone, but It's difficult to go out , too.
I don't know what to do.
I don't know what to do.

how is your Torah learning going?do you try to learn every day?

unfortunately my answer is negative. but i'm doing my best in this subject.
I'm learning from any source that I could get from the internet.

Re: from zero to 90 13 Sep 2019 16:46 #343552

• drust
  • Junior Boarder
sleepy wrote on 08 Sep 2019 09:05:

drust wrote on 06 Sep 2019 15:05:
I don't know what to do.
I don't know what to do.

have you read the gye handbook, it might help in both areas, i know for me  in the street , listening to a shiur  that i like (or even nice jewish music sometimes)with headphones helps a lot.
one thing that im trying although havent gotten there yet ,is working on my bitachon/trust in Hashem,and that is ,if these things that i want to look at in the street were really good for me Hashem would give it to me, and if Hashem doesnt want me to look at them,it must be that its not good for me even though i may desire to look , Hashem knows best , so trust Hashem and as much as you can ,hold yourself back from looking , and one day youll understand why Hashem told you dont look .Trust Hashem , He knows what Hes doing,Hes not trying to deprive you.Hatzlacha!

Thanks a lot for your motivating words. But my mind deviate me in real social life. I really I want to be clean but sometimes my eyes don't obey my order to look straight way.

Re: from zero to 90 13 Sep 2019 16:52 #343553

• drust
  • Junior Boarder
damn it.
after 8 days I broke my promise and I slipped in God's path. I watched inappropriate things and I fell into huge sins. at least I have my purity in practical ways. it's the positive status that could be mentioned. 
I hope to withstand in that way for a long period (even for always)

Re: from zero to 90 13 Sep 2019 17:42 #343554

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
drust wrote on 13 Sep 2019 16:52:
damn it.
after 8 days I broke my promise and I slipped in God's path. I watched inappropriate things and I fell into huge sins. at least I have my purity in practical ways. it's the positive status that could be mentioned. 

Sorry to hear

Our Trucks are not designed to go from 0 to 90 in 1D. 

Move into the 1DAAT gear and Hatzlacha!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: from zero to 90 14 Sep 2019 15:00 #343556

• drust
  • Junior Boarder
sleepy wrote on 13 Sep 2019 18:23:

drust wrote on 13 Sep 2019 16:52:
damn it.

comon! 8 days is great! dont give up!
do you mind explaining 'at least I have my purity in practical ways. it's the positive status that could be mentioned.'

yesterday I only watched inappropriate things and didn't masturbate. but today I couldn't tolerate anymore and I did it.
sorry. I think I should set my mind first. because it's disruptive extremely.

Re: from zero to 90 14 Sep 2019 15:06 #343557

• drust
  • Junior Boarder
double damn. I just masturbate because of imagination what I'd seen yesterday. I thought about that pics and watched inappropriate movies again today.
It's not good at all. I should do something. 
disappointment, stressful condition and loneliness would led me to this endless circle.
God please help me. I'm all ears to your orders.

Re: from zero to 90 15 Sep 2019 00:06 #343559

• ColinColin
  • Current streak: 622 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Fund out another activity for when you get stressed.

Walking, reading, calling a friend etc.

Re: from zero to 90 15 Sep 2019 13:38 #343566

• dave m
  • Current streak: 363 days
  • Platinum Boarder
drust wrote on 14 Sep 2019 15:06:
double damn. I just masturbate because of imagination what I'd seen yesterday. I thought about that pics and watched inappropriate movies again today.
disappointment, stressful condition and loneliness would led me to this endless circle.

Don't get discouraged.  All beginnings are hard.  There will be alot of ups and downs.  I think a great start in this battle is to begin reading through the GYE handbook.  Have you started that yet?

Re: from zero to 90 16 Sep 2019 03:35 #343578

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
The yetzer hara loves to watch us beat ourselves up. He tells us, "Don't you dare celebrate 8 days of keeping the eyes pure, and who cares if you held back from masturbating until day 9. You are a worthless shmatte anyway". Most of us here started our journey masturbating almost every day or even (like me), multiple times a day. If someone switches to once in 9 days that translates into doing it approx. 40/45 times a year instead of approx. 350/360. To me that sounds like a huge accomplishment. And as we proceed in this area, we break out more and more b'ezras Hashem, so the ratio gets even wider. Stay focused on the goal, and hang on to all the outstretched hands here and iyh soon you will be writing posts like this to new chevra in their throes of despair. Hatzlocha.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: from zero to 90 19 Sep 2019 14:19 #343658

• drust
  • Junior Boarder
Come on
Get up
start and start again Drust

Re: from zero to 90 19 Sep 2019 14:23 #343659

• drust
  • Junior Boarder
Dave M wrote on 15 Sep 2019 13:38:

drust wrote on 14 Sep 2019 15:06:

Don't get discouraged.  All beginnings are hard.  There will be alot of ups and downs.  I think a great start in this battle is to begin reading through the GYE handbook.  Have you started that yet?

Yes Dave.
I've read it many times and I've applied some filters. But in inappropriate conditions I disable all filters and slip into sins.
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes