Welcome, Guest

Writing instead of Acting Out
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Writing instead of Acting Out 1888 Views

Writing instead of Acting Out 30 Aug 2018 21:11 #335172

• BezrasHashem82
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Dear brothers,

Today I had the kind of day at work that put me in a good mood because some things that I thought wouldn’t work out so well wound up turning out b”H good.  The resultant good mood made me to add to that pleasure with more and so some familiar urges began to creep up.  I decided to come here and write instead.  Iy”H this will get me through today.  Had to hit reset on the 90 day count recently and feeling a little lame about it but trying not to focus on that and remind myself that I am not lame and how valuable each victory is and how it stands on its own...how there is no need or validity to compare it to previous falls.

I heard a vort last night that the last 12 days in Elul correspond to that 12 months of the year, both in terms of mending the last 12 months of the previous year and in terms of preparing for the upcoming 12 months.  May Hashem help us all take advantage of this time.

Re: Writing instead of Acting Out 31 Aug 2018 00:44 #335181

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
BezrasHashem82 wrote on 30 Aug 2018 21:11:
Dear brothers,

Today I had the kind of day at work that put me in a good mood because some things that I thought wouldn’t work out so well wound up turning out b”H good.  The resultant good mood made me to add to that pleasure with more and so some familiar urges began to creep up.  I decided to come here and write instead.  Iy”H this will get me through today.  Had to hit reset on the 90 day count recently and feeling a little lame about it but trying not to focus on that and remind myself that I am not lame and how valuable each victory is and how it stands on its own...how there is no need or validity to compare it to previous falls.

I heard a vort last night that the last 12 days in Elul correspond to that 12 months of the year, both in terms of mending the last 12 months of the previous year and in terms of preparing for the upcoming 12 months.  May Hashem help us all take advantage of this time.

Say with me 

TODAY

TEE
OH
DEE
AY
WHY

#NOT 90 NOT 12, JUST 2DA

[disclaimer]thats what works for me[/disclaimer]
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Writing instead of Acting Out 31 Aug 2018 11:10 #335189

• bego
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for this.

I would also suggest that general writing helps!! I also have ad days at work and then feel terrible afterwards (even if its just looking). One thing I used to do (and should get back to), is writing. Be it Divrei Torah, poems, anything! That way it also looks like you are working :-)
I came.
I saw
I conquered.
I failed. 
Too much I. 
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes