Welcome, Guest

MZL on the 90-day highway
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: MZL on the 90-day highway 78668 Views

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 28 Aug 2018 20:17 #335088

• Dov
  • Administrator
mzl wrote on 28 Aug 2018 17:52:

Dov wrote on 28 Aug 2018 17:06:
Woops, meant advisor. Corrected my mistake, thx man.

I don't have an advisor either.

I didn't think this was such a big deal. I was just saying that sometimes your ideas are judged by people who are not qualified to evaluate them. I certainly don't think they are bad people in any way.

Hang on...reality check here. You wrote that your college advisor suggested that. Let's stick with the story line here, please. And nobody made 'a big deal' about anything, it was just an observation and possibly a little opportunity to learn something, that's all.

You wrote that your college advisor suggested that instead of feeling sad about criticism, one can just assume his or her detractors are low-quality people...so their criticism is actually flattery! 

That's why I wrote what I did, above. Your advisor has a very good point...but here on GYE you don't know who anyone really is anyhow, and don't even no which parties are messing with your karma. So in this case I am suggesting that your advisor's advice  just a 'sour grapes' consolation based on cynicism. Cynicism is dumb, and also a poor way to get through life, too. 

​I dont think this is a big deal. I just took the time to spell it out a little more clearly now and if you find it useful, all the better. If not, it's again, no big deal.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 28 Aug 2018 20:19 #335089

• dovid824
  • Expert Boarder
mzl wrote on 28 Aug 2018 12:20:
My karma hit -5. My advisor in college used to say that insults from certain people are a sign of distinction.

It just occurred to me that the icon that increases one's karma is the definitive symbol for a well-known non-Jewish religion. Could that be the explanation?
I shall not die! But I shall live and relate the deeds of G-d.
[Psalms 118:17]
Last Edit: 28 Aug 2018 20:20 by dovid824.

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 28 Aug 2018 21:39 #335091

• mzl
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dov wrote on 28 Aug 2018 20:17:

mzl wrote on 28 Aug 2018 17:52:

Dov wrote on 28 Aug 2018 17:06:
Woops, meant advisor. Corrected my mistake, thx man.

I don't have an advisor either.

I didn't think this was such a big deal. I was just saying that sometimes your ideas are judged by people who are not qualified to evaluate them. I certainly don't think they are bad people in any way.

Hang on...reality check here. You wrote that your college advisor suggested that. Let's stick with the story line here, please. And nobody made 'a big deal' about anything, it was just an observation and possibly a little opportunity to learn something, that's all.

You wrote that your college advisor suggested that instead of feeling sad about criticism, one can just assume his or her detractors are low-quality people...so their criticism is actually flattery! 

That's why I wrote what I did, above. Your advisor has a very good point...but here on GYE you don't know who anyone really is anyhow, and don't even no which parties are messing with your karma. So in this case I am suggesting that your advisor's advice  just a 'sour grapes' consolation based on cynicism. Cynicism is dumb, and also a poor way to get through life, too. 

​I dont think this is a big deal. I just took the time to spell it out a little more clearly now and if you find it useful, all the better. If not, it's again, no big deal.

You are right. I didn't realize you were talking about my college advisor.

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 28 Aug 2018 21:46 #335093

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
mikestruggling wrote on 28 Aug 2018 19:36:
mikestruggling wrote on 27 Aug 2018 11:02:
mzl wrote on 27 Aug 2018 09:52:
mikestruggling wrote on 27 Aug 2018 04:27:me: yyou may be right (I'm too depressed to admit it straight up) last night I dreamt about my mother she was being unfair. Today, I woke up with feelings of anger at my mother. At first, I was projecting it at my wife so I cleaned up the living room (taking the actions of love).  I will iyh call my therapist today
you: So in that case you would look for distortions in your expectations of your mother. Why do you think she was being "unfair"? You might be right, or you might be a little off in your perception.

I think you are saying that you were taking it out on your wife. That's interesting.
me: wwow! now I'm a little irritated at you. did you read the first post on this thread. I don't think any human being deserves to be treated the way I was treated. not even animals. my mother used to beat me for doing things she perceived as chutzpah. and I mean beat not just two slaps.
I suffer fr the fact that deep down,I think it was fair and I deserve it because I am worthless. now through therapy I'm allowing myself to feel the anger. Because I don't deserve it I'm not a shmatte. I'm a human being child of Hashem and I'm a good person.
I didn't say i was taking it out on my wife. I was projecting it at my wife. big difference. which was why I cleaned the room to take the actions of love so that I don't take it out on my wife.
please read what i wrote
you: Ok. So you should before I reply to someone I should read everything. But 99% of people's posts don't contain any information other than "I'm still here, still struggling." So now you know where I'm coming from.
At any rate I'll get out of your way because you sound angry and you are not really explaining

For the record I only lowered your karma once. However someone who can stick a knife into an open wound (arguably by mistake but highly negligent) and turn it, misread a post and turn a victory into a failure and still not apologize just make excuses and claim like the other person is at fault for being angry and not explaining it (really?) what do you expect?

This is total news to me. I don't know why you think you scored a victory, and I don't know why you think I turned it into a failure. Unless you hold that you are worthwhile if and only if you are a tzadik.

I stopped holding that long ago because it's a self-defeating belief. It hurts more than it helps.

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 28 Aug 2018 22:07 #335095

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't think I can talk to people unless I'm willing to accept that they will have self defeating behaviors like viewing frum people as higher forms of being than non frum people. If I dismiss that belief system because I discount the value of my own journey out of it and think "it's no big deal" then I'm just going to appear callous or who knows what. My bipolar disorder strikes again.

This is why Dov schmoozes people at length in his posts, because he is normal and he can see that it is a big deal (whatever he's selling) and it takes a lot of selling.

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 29 Aug 2018 01:07 #335105

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 82

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 30 Aug 2018 01:08 #335149

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 83

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 31 Aug 2018 00:20 #335179

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 84

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 31 Aug 2018 00:21 #335180

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
Now there are no karma buttons at all. Some sort of brain computer interface?

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 02 Sep 2018 01:42 #335208

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 86

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 04 Sep 2018 01:25 #335253

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 88

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 04 Sep 2018 02:37 #335255

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
mzl wrote on 04 Sep 2018 01:25:
Day 88

A pleasure to be following your journey. Bli ayin hora you will be greeting Rosh Hashana beautifully. 
A piece of (unsolicited) advice. Realize that day 91 is not so different than day 89. Each day as we progress b'ezras Hashem we raise our ability to be bocher b'tov. However it is important to realize that every healthy adult male will face this challenge in some shape or form for the rest of his life. It is common that people who BH have made it to 90 and are excited, wake up on day 91 and wonder "Now what?" So be prepared and iyh you will continue one day at a time through the yomim tovim, day 100, chanuka, day 180 and further.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 04 Sep 2018 04:12 #335260

• Shivisi_Hashem
  • Current streak: 158 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh, i remember those good days, when i used to post daily my status, its a great feeling to see growth, another day and another day, and then ooops, a fall, and dusting off, and start again.... and not getting depressed about a fall, since its only a fall and not an act...... that was my great days, i wish you loads and toons of success on your jurney, and just watch out about speeding, its a 90 day highway, and not a 90 MPH speed limit.... hay, where is marks truck? Did anybody see it?..
chaver, continue with caution, some one is looking after you for a weak moment, just be ahead of him, and stronger, watch out not to slip, and i  case of help, just reach out to me, my address is in my signature 
My email:jacdoja@gmail.com
My threads: my long נסיעה of almost 30 years ~ My Book of Business ~ My Upcoming Dilemma

להטות לבבנו אליו ללכת בכל דרכיו ולשמר מצותיו וחקיו ומשפטיו אשר צוה את אבתינו
כי עיקר מציאות האדם בעה"ז הוא רק לקיים מצות ולעמד בניסיון,  והנאות העולם אין ראוי שיהו לו אלא לעזר ולסיוע בלבד לשיהיה לו נחת רוח ויישוב הדעת למען יוכל לפנות לבו אל העבודה הזאת מסילת ישרים

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 05 Sep 2018 01:10 #335287

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
|||||||
|||||||
|||||||
|||||||
|||||||
|||||||
|||||||
|||||||
|||||||
|||||||
|||||||
|||||||

|||||

Re: MZL on the 90-day highway 05 Sep 2018 04:02 #335293

• Shivisi_Hashem
  • Current streak: 158 days
  • Platinum Boarder
What is that? Train tracks? Just keep on marching in hashems army.... you can do it
My email:jacdoja@gmail.com
My threads: my long נסיעה of almost 30 years ~ My Book of Business ~ My Upcoming Dilemma

להטות לבבנו אליו ללכת בכל דרכיו ולשמר מצותיו וחקיו ומשפטיו אשר צוה את אבתינו
כי עיקר מציאות האדם בעה"ז הוא רק לקיים מצות ולעמד בניסיון,  והנאות העולם אין ראוי שיהו לו אלא לעזר ולסיוע בלבד לשיהיה לו נחת רוח ויישוב הדעת למען יוכל לפנות לבו אל העבודה הזאת מסילת ישרים
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes