Welcome, Guest

My Book of Business
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: My Book of Business 138182 Views

Re: My Book of Business 09 Oct 2018 02:54 #336070

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 08 Oct 2018 13:00:

Hashem Help Me wrote on 08 Oct 2018 11:28:
An uninvited wet dream is a cause for celebration. When one was not lusting heavily during the day and then out of the blue has a wet dream, it is completely not his fault. It means your subconscious has realized that you have firmly shown that you will iyh not act out consciously. So the subconscious - known to us as the nefesh ha-b'hamis - gets its release only when he is in charge - when you are asleep. So of course you do not reset your count. You make a l'chaim and keep on going. Hatzlocha.

You've said this several times and I'd like to believe it. It's nice and had a positive spin.

DoI you have a source for this?

Additionally, how is it compatible with the words of ourI sages that one who sees keri y"k night should be worried theI entire year (about death)?

I heard this concept from a very respected frum psychologist who is highly endorsed by rabbonim and roshei yeshiva. In general one who "wakes up wet" without having lusted during the day should not become tzubrochen. The gmara brings reasons why one may ejaculate while sleeping which are totally unrelated to lust. Examples given - after traveling  a long distance, recuperating from an illness, or eating certain foods. Those of us who unfortunately have an accompanying sexual dream along with the emission, well then it depends. If that happens because of active reading or viewing of inappropriate material, or imagining of erotic scenes during the day, we are held responsible for what takes place while we sleep that night - as is clear in halacha. However one who avoids inappropriate reading, viewing ,or imagining during the day, yet still has a wet dream with sexual content, obviously is simply dredging up residual imagery from the past. This is an act completely done by the subconscious, and one is not responsible for it. In general, it becomes less and less frequent as we BH drift further away from the sights and sounds of the filth we saw.
Regarding seeing keri on Yom Kippur, look at the last gemara in Yuma daf 88 and at all the meforshim - First of all there are opinions in the gemara that it is a good sign, and even those who disagree, say that if one survives the year than retroactively it was a good sign. Secondly, it is obvious that this "Yom Kippur seeing of keri" that we are dealing with is not lust related, for the gemara earlier in the mesecta lists all the eitzos they did and actions/foods that were avoided to help prevent the Kohen Gadol from seeing keri. As an aside, there happens to be a very interesting Korban Nesanel (under the Rosh in back of the gemara) with advice what to do if one accidentally experiences this occurrence. Chas veshalom, one may not minimize the very unpleasant experience of becoming tamei on the most holy of days. Any ehrliche yid who it happens to would be shaken to the core, and yes, halacha brings the opinion from the gemara of "yidag kol hashana".
In closing, with the exception of Yaakov Avinu who said of himself that until age 84 when he married, he never saw keri, and Elisha who the Shunamis declared a kadosh for not staining his sheet with keri, and other "gor heilige mentschen" throughout the generations, most ehrliche yidden on occasion innocently experience this most unpleasant happening. The medical world is of the opinion that it occurs naturally approximately once every 90 days for those who did not bring it on themselves via stimulation, be it marital relations or masturbation. And for those of us who due to our pasts may sometimes "see" some unpleasant dreams accompanying it, realize that it's to be expected due to the images seared into our subconscious psyche that iyh with time and being involved with kedusha will heal. In the meantime, enjoy a dip in the mikva, daven to Hashem to help you remain kadosh v'tahor, drink a l'chaim and have a great day.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: My Book of Business 16 Oct 2018 14:14 #336287

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 09 Oct 2018 02:54:

An uninvited wet dream is a cause for celebration. When one was not lusting heavily during the day and then out of the blue has a wet dream, it is completely not his fault. It means your subconscious has realized that you have firmly shown that you will iyh not act out consciously. So the subconscious - known to us as the nefesh ha-b'hamis - gets its release only when he is in charge - when you are asleep. So of course you do not reset your count. You make a l'chaim and keep on going. Hatzlocha.

You've said this several times and I'd like to believe it. It's nice and had a positive spin.

Additionally, how is it compatible with the words of ourI sages that one who sees keri y"k night should be worried theI entire year (about death)?

I heard this concept from a very respected frum psychologist who is highly endorsed by rabbonim and roshei yeshiva. In general one who "wakes up wet" without having lusted during the day should not become tzubrochen. The gmara brings reasons why one may ejaculate while sleeping which are totally unrelated to lust. Examples given - after traveling  a long distance, recuperating from an illness, or eating certain foods. Those of us who unfortunately have an accompanying sexual dream along with the emission, well then it depends. If that happens because of active reading or viewing of inappropriate material, or imagining of erotic scenes during the day, we are held responsible for what takes place while we sleep that night - as is clear in halacha. However one who avoids inappropriate reading, viewing ,or imagining during the day, yet still has a wet dream with sexual content, obviously is simply dredging up residual imagery from the past. This is an act completely done by the subconscious, and one is not responsible for it. In general, it becomes less and less frequent as we BH drift further away from the sights and sounds of the filth we saw.
Regarding seeing keri on Yom Kippur, look at the last gemara in Yuma daf 88 and at all the meforshim - First of all there are opinions in the gemara that it is a good sign, and even those who disagree, say that if one survives the year than retroactively it was a good sign. Secondly, it is obvious that this "Yom Kippur seeing of keri" that we are dealing with is not lust related, for the gemara earlier in the mesecta lists all the eitzos they did and actions/foods that were avoided to help prevent the Kohen Gadol from seeing keri. As an aside, there happens to be a very interesting Korban Nesanel (under the Rosh in back of the gemara) with advice what to do if one accidentally experiences this occurrence. Chas veshalom, one may not minimize the very unpleasant experience of becoming tamei on the most holy of days. Any ehrliche yid who it happens to would be shaken to the core, and yes, halacha brings the opinion from the gemara of "yidag kol hashana".
In closing, with the exception of Yaakov Avinu who said of himself that until age 84 when he married, he never saw keri, and Elisha who the Shunamis declared a kadosh for not staining his sheet with keri, and other "gor heilige mentschen" throughout the generations, most ehrliche yidden on occasion innocently experience this most unpleasant happening. The medical world is of the opinion that it occurs naturally approximately once every 90 days for those who did not bring it on themselves via stimulation, be it marital relations or masturbation. And for those of us who due to our pasts may sometimes "see" some unpleasant dreams accompanying it, realize that it's to be expected due to the images seared into our subconscious psyche that iyh with time and being involved with kedusha will heal. In the meantime, enjoy a dip in the mikva, daven to Hashem to help you remain kadosh v'tahor, drink a l'chaim and have a great day.

Maybe this is what you’re trying to say; not sure because I didn’t follow exactly. It did happen to me once as a bochur, and Dr. Sorotzkin told me that the Steioler used to have a line out the door on Motzei Yom Kippur of people who had it and were terrified.

The Steipler explained that the Gemara is talking about people who don’t usually have this issue at all, and now suddenly do. For people who do because their Shmiras Einayim needs work, he held there was nothing to worry about. 

Re: My Book of Business 16 Oct 2018 15:03 #336288

• mzl
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Platinum Boarder
"Hashem Help Me" post=336070 date=1539053669 catid=4

Thank you: you made me miss Dov.
Last Edit: 16 Oct 2018 15:04 by mzl.

Re: My Book of Business 16 Oct 2018 23:17 #336307

• cordnoy
Workingguy wrote on 16 Oct 2018 14:14:

Hashem Help Me wrote on 09 Oct 2018 02:54:

Maybe this is what you’re trying to say; not sure because I didn’t follow exactly. It did happen to me once as a bochur, and Dr. Sorotzkin told me that the Steioler used to have a line out the door on Motzei Yom Kippur of people who had it and were terrified.

The Steipler explained that the Gemara is talking about people who don’t usually have this issue at all, and now suddenly do. For people who do because their Shmiras Einayim needs work, he held there was nothing to worry about. 

Thank God for that! I'm in the clear now B"H.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: My Book of Business 21 Dec 2018 02:46 #337937

• Shivisi_Hashem
  • Current streak: 158 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi all,
i wasnt here for a long time, but im active in recovery..
im looking for sexual addiction meditation recording.
would anybody have to share one with me, or direct me where i can get o e to download...
thanks 
My email:jacdoja@gmail.com
My threads: my long נסיעה of almost 30 years ~ My Book of Business ~ My Upcoming Dilemma

להטות לבבנו אליו ללכת בכל דרכיו ולשמר מצותיו וחקיו ומשפטיו אשר צוה את אבתינו
כי עיקר מציאות האדם בעה"ז הוא רק לקיים מצות ולעמד בניסיון,  והנאות העולם אין ראוי שיהו לו אלא לעזר ולסיוע בלבד לשיהיה לו נחת רוח ויישוב הדעת למען יוכל לפנות לבו אל העבודה הזאת מסילת ישרים
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes