Welcome, Guest

Journey of one day at a time
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Journey of one day at a time 143859 Views

Re: Journey of one day at a time 10 Jul 2017 12:54 #316972

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Ihavestrength wrote on 10 Jul 2017 07:51:
Day 14: Thank you guys for sharing. It means a lot to me. I have covenant eyes on my phone with a filter. However I found a loophole where I can watch inappropriate movies (R rated etc.) So I was essentially skipping through movies to find things. Not really sure how I can close the loophole, unless I lock down all apps, which would prevent me from using GYE, which I think I need. 

Feeling unworthy about what I did yesterday. Finding it hard to accept love from people. Feeling like I'm bad and rotten. 

Update: Bh figured out a way to block that loophole. Obviously, can't block every one but that was a big one. 

This is why I don't use covenanteyes mobile app

Its a cover upp

I use safari with white lists and you can do to and save a penny at the same time
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Journey of one day at a time 12 Jul 2017 14:35 #317100

Day 1

No, I didn't fall thank G-d. I've just realized it's way healthier for me to live one day at a time. When I'm trying to reach a number of certain days it brings me to despair. How can I give up lust for that long? The answer is that I probably can't. However, to give up lust just for today I can usually (with G-ds help) handle. If I'm going for a certain number, it turns into one big white knuckling fest. So no more checking off days on the calender for me. I'll get there (to whatever big number it will be) when i get there.

P.S I restricted my phone and made it lust proof because of my last fall, so I probably won't be able to post daily.
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: Journey of one day at a time 12 Jul 2017 17:59 #317112

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Ihavestrength wrote on 12 Jul 2017 14:35:
Day 1

No, I didn't fall thank G-d. I've just realized it's way healthier for me to live one day at a time. When I'm trying to reach a number of certain days it brings me to despair. How can I give up lust for that long? The answer is that I probably can't. However, to give up lust just for today I can usually (with G-ds help) handle. If I'm going for a certain number, it turns into one big white knuckling fest. So no more checking off days on the calender for me. I'll get there (to whatever big number it will be) when i get there.

P.S I restricted my phone and made it lust proof because of my last fall, so I probably won't be able to post daily.

I support "One day at a time." 
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Journey of one day at a time 19 Jul 2017 15:37 #317460

• tzedekchaim
  • Current streak: 2239 days
  • Gold Boarder
Agreed, ODAAT!!!! is the best way to make something stick. (especially change)
OneDayAtATime  !b'Simcha!withExcitement!withStrenght!withThanks

Hatzlacha Rabba!

Re: Journey of one day at a time 19 Jul 2017 17:30 #317467

Fell with P. Didn't do M thank g-d. Seems like no phone restriction is strong enough for me. Maybe that doesn't work for me. Perhaps I need to start calls?
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

Re: Journey of one day at a time 19 Jul 2017 20:17 #317495

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Phone calls sound like a great start!
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: Journey of one day at a time 19 Jul 2017 20:38 #317501

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
email me at growstrong613 @ gmail and i will send you my number

Re: Journey of one day at a time 19 Jul 2017 22:33 #317509

GrowStrong wrote on 19 Jul 2017 20:38:
email me at growstrong613 @ gmail and i will send you my number

I meant phone conferences  

Re: Journey of one day at a time 19 Jul 2017 22:54 #317511

My baby steps: 1.Read chizuk emails every day for a week. 2. Call into at phone conference tomm. 

Re: Journey of one day at a time 19 Jul 2017 23:03 #317512

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
#LittleBigSteps
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Journey of one day at a time 19 Jul 2017 23:09 #317514

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Ihavestrength wrote on 19 Jul 2017 17:30:
Fell with P. Didn't do M thank g-d. Seems like no phone restriction is strong enough for me. Maybe that doesn't work for me. Perhaps I need to start calls?

What type of phone? On iPhones you can really lock up everything should you do choose. 

Re: Journey of one day at a time 19 Jul 2017 23:45 #317516

Workingguy wrote on 19 Jul 2017 23:09:

What type of phone? On iPhones you can really lock up everything should you do choose. 

Android. I don't think restrictions are my solution. In fact, only when I totally restricted my phone did I develop an urge to test my "hacking abilities". I think me going for total restriction was a vain hope that my problem is that simple. 

P.S I have covenant eyes with a filter. So I'm not leaving myself total freedom. Unfortunately, due to trying to block everything, I found out how to get past it, ironically. I wanted to see if I was "safe", as crazy as that sounds. I guess I've become very scared of this addiction. Sorta learned helplessness. 

Re: Journey of one day at a time 20 Jul 2017 02:11 #317524

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I've heard people share that in the past. I have a friend who doesn't have a filter because he knew it would just make him want to get past it. I don't have a filter under the guidance of my Sponsor.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Journey of one day at a time 20 Jul 2017 02:25 #317525

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Ihavestrength wrote on 19 Jul 2017 23:45:

Workingguy wrote on 19 Jul 2017 23:09:

Android. I don't think restrictions are my solution. In fact, only when I totally restricted my phone did I develop an urge to test my "hacking abilities". I think me going for total restriction was a vain hope that my problem is that simple. 

P.S I have covenant eyes with a filter. So I'm not leaving myself total freedom. Unfortunately, due to trying to block everything, I found out how to get past it, ironically. I wanted to see if I was "safe", as crazy as that sounds. I guess I've become very scared of this addiction. Sorta learned helplessness. 

I had that same experience of trying to game the filter and it drove me crazy. Every time I got a new filter it drove me crazy. Totally understandable 

Re: Journey of one day at a time 20 Jul 2017 19:31 #317608

Day 1: B"H, I had a good and productive day. I also walked tons and got alot of sun. I think both of these things did me good. I read the daily chizuk email. I tried calling into duvid chaims call, but was unsuccessful due to location restrictions (yes, I know they have numbers for every country). It seems I'll have to wait till I get home to start calling in. 

A random thought: We all have things in our life that we want to be different. I believe most of us have a true desire to change these things.

This desire however, is not enough. It is only the beginning. You must act on that desire by taking real steps. How many consistent/daily recovery actions have you been taking in the past month? The answer to this question gave me some clarity as to why I haven't been so successful lately.

You can't will this problem away. As simple as this sounds, I think many of us forget this. We overestimate the value of our desire to change/stop and underestimate the power of daily actions of recovery (i.e reading the daily chizuk EVERYDAY). 

Time to create page: 0.69 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes