Welcome, Guest

90 Days .25 Cents at a Time
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: 90 Days .25 Cents at a Time 7683 Views

90 Days .25 Cents at a Time 05 Oct 2016 00:59 #295841

• r3byid
  • Current streak: 94 days
  • Junior Boarder
Welcome the log of my journey to 90+ days.

Re: 90 Days .25 Cents at a Time 05 Oct 2016 01:09 #295842

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome to you brother

As gibbor said, the 90 day thing is like cream cheese on a bagel. Having a program and working on it is the bagel

So after 90 your cream cheese bill is  gonna be $22.50

What type of bagel would you like
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 05 Oct 2016 09:49 by Markz.

Re: 90 Days .25 Cents at a Time 05 Oct 2016 02:43 #295852

• trysohard
  • Current streak: 2809 days
  • Expert Boarder
  • clever avatar goes here
Welcome! we'll come along for the ride. Keep on posting (and paying- unless you found someone to pay you 25 cents at a time. If you did, put him in touch with me )
clever signature goes here
Last Edit: 05 Oct 2016 06:40 by trysohard.

Re: 90 Days .25 Cents at a Time 05 Oct 2016 03:39 #295854

• r3byid
  • Junior Boarder
How This Works:
The system I have devised and will be is the following:

Every "clean" day I put 25 cents in a jar.

At a monetary intervals scaling by 150% I will reward my self with a "treat" (generally food and also scaling).

If I fall I will give that current amount of money to צדקה and start over (rules are the same as 90 Day Challenge).

This thread is to document MY challenge. Everyday בלי נדר I will post a sentence or two. Please be respectful. I'm not trying to solicit advice. I will try to answer questions.

Lastly this is only for one year.
Last Edit: 05 Oct 2016 03:48 by r3byid.

Re: 90 Days .25 Cents at a Time 05 Oct 2016 03:47 #295856

• r3byid
  • Junior Boarder
< Day 2 >
I started on ר"ה. I hope this thread will be archived and used to help others. Bag of chips a $2.50.
Last Edit: 05 Oct 2016 03:53 by r3byid.

Re: 90 Days .25 Cents at a Time 05 Oct 2016 11:53 #295872

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
It's a nice sentiment but you must be VERY gevuradik. I act out on overeating as well. So when I feel down, I binge. Then these little "rewards" are really useless because I know I can just get whatever I want, whenever.
Though binging on food is better than lust. At least on the Torah scorecard. However it would drill down to the same root problem and therefore substituting one binging for another will not actually help the disease.
Sorry for bringing up my issue. Though when you said your reward is usually a food thing, maybe you have the same problem I do... who knows.
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: 90 Days .25 Cents at a Time 05 Oct 2016 15:28 #295883

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
r3byid wrote on 05 Oct 2016 03:39:
How This Works:
The system I have devised and will be is the following:

Every "clean" day I put 25 cents in a jar.

At a monetary intervals scaling by 150% I will reward my self with a "treat" (generally food and also scaling).

If I fall I will give that current amount of money to צדקה and start over (rules are the same as 90 Day Challenge).

This thread is to document MY challenge. Everyday בלי נדר I will post a sentence or two. Please be respectful. I'm not trying to solicit advice. I will try to answer questions.

Lastly this is only for one year.

I have read about a person who use to put away $1 every time he managed to over come his urge, he ended up buying a big silver Menora with the money.

In the past, I also use to treat myself if I reached a goal I have set.
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: 90 Days .25 Cents at a Time 06 Oct 2016 03:58 #295920

• r3byid
  • Junior Boarder
Singularity wrote on 05 Oct 2016 11:53:
It's a nice sentiment but you must be VERY gevuradik. I act out on overeating as well. So when I feel down, I binge. Then these little "rewards" are really useless because I know I can just get whatever I want, whenever.
Though binging on food is better than lust. At least on the Torah scorecard. However it would drill down to the same root problem and therefore substituting one binging for another will not actually help the disease.
Sorry for bringing up my issue. Though when you said your reward is usually a food thing, maybe you have the same problem I do... who knows.

That is a good point you bring up. When you set up rewards you need to be clever. ב"ה I don't have snacking tendencies.

Re: 90 Days .25 Cents at a Time 06 Oct 2016 04:14 #295921

• r3byid
  • Junior Boarder
< Day 3 >
Today was צום גדליה. These less structured days are dangerous. The יצר הרע came and tried to trip me a few times. I made sure to stick around friends. Also I printed out the 90 challenge chart and added the rewards.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 06 Oct 2016 04:22 by r3byid.

Re: 90 Days .25 Cents at a Time 06 Oct 2016 10:46 #295926

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
Even though we only work one day at a time.
just have in mind that on your current chart the 90th day falls on zos chanukha.
I hope for your best, and I'm waiting for the punchkis.
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: 90 Days .25 Cents at a Time 07 Oct 2016 04:49 #295985

• r3byid
  • Junior Boarder
< Day 4 >
Going strong. I read a book to relax today.

Re: 90 Days .25 Cents at a Time 07 Oct 2016 16:36 #296010

• tzedekchaim
  • Current streak: 2239 days
  • Gold Boarder
Yeah great idea! Hatzlacha!

Re: 90 Days .25 Cents at a Time 07 Oct 2016 21:20 #296037

• r3byid
  • Junior Boarder
< Day 5 >
When I felt like I had to open the browser, I went straight to the GYE Forums. גוט שבת.

Re: 90 Days .25 Cents at a Time 09 Oct 2016 03:12 #296053

• r3byid
  • Junior Boarder
< Day 6 >
There were some points on Shabbos afternoon when I was going to slip. However, B"H Hashem gave me the כוח to persevere, and I came out victorious. Also, I heard an amazing story by סעודת שלישית, today.

In The Main Synagogue of Lublin, where R' Meir Shapiro was the Chief Rabbi, the person who was taking the ספרי תורה out of the ארון הקודש for קול נדרי, slipped and lost his footing. As he was falling, instead of breaking his fall with his hands, he reached out and grabbed the falling ספר תורה, landing on his back with a thud, but still hugging the ספר תורה. Later that night, R' Meir Shapiro cried out in his דרשה, "Hashem, look. Even when a Jew slips (referring back to earlier that night) he doesn't abandon your תורה, rather he embraces it.".

The עבדי Hashem on this forum are the ones who when they slip they don't abandon the תורה. They don't ignore their עבירות and pretend that they're מותר. Instead they embrace the morals of the תורה, and they come here to work together to attach themselves to and live by those morals.

May we all be זוכה to become real בעלי תשובה.
Last Edit: 09 Oct 2016 03:29 by r3byid.

Re: 90 Days .25 Cents at a Time 09 Oct 2016 05:38 #296061

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
liked the mushel

Time to create page: 0.64 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes