Welcome, Guest

My journey (getting up one last time)
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: My journey (getting up one last time) 4466 Views

Re: My journey (getting up one last time) 10 May 2016 20:11 #287400

• aaron73
  • Junior Boarder
SHalom!!
 I'm on my 8th day right now...I've been improving a little bit every day, but I still have struggles with the internet. Facebook and youtube are like poison now, every time I'm surfing around, I end up watching some stupid thing that ends up triggering me. I know I must stop getting into those kind of web sites, I must stop right now. I've been realizing what are the things that have caused me to fail in the past, and try to change them through changing my habits:
 - I'm using my time better
 -I'm opening with other safe people whenever I feel Bad or alone or sad or whatever
But I'm still struggling with the facebook-youtube thing...
  Thanks everyone for your answers, It's really helpful to have this resourse in the recovery

Behatzlacha!

Re: My journey (getting up one last time) 10 May 2016 20:15 #287401

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Are you opening with safe people - discussing your lust struggle?
Thats the way to go!!!!

Keep on Trucking
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: My journey (getting up one last time) 10 May 2016 20:32 #287402

• gye1962
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Senior Boarder
If your really struggling with these 2 websites, have you tried puting them on block list(trough a filter) and giving the password to someone else, so that you wont be able to access them?
 you could also filter your router, so that no matter with which device you connect, you are protected.
If you have a hard time with this decision, try top look at it this way:

a)you can keep these websites and keep struggling.
b)You can make a little sacrifice and block these websites, but be on your journey to freedom
Which option do you prefer?

Personally i deleted my Facebook account, since i believe that its not constructive at all, and its full of triggering material.
Also YouTube is something very sneaky,where you can look at something, and then out of nowhere comes some triggering material which you did not expect.

Re: My journey (getting up one last time) 11 May 2016 15:04 #287494

• realsimcha
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Wondering about the title of your thread. The "one last time" part. Not sure if thats the attitude. My approach is [while I pray that this "getting up" is the last one] "getting up as many times as it takes for me to stay away from that garbage that keeps trying to kill me." I am afraid of the statement one last time. I don't know if its for us to decide that. 
One the other hand I truly appreciate the strength and courage that it takes to make a statement like that. I wish you unending hatzlacha.
Last Edit: 11 May 2016 17:13 by realsimcha. Reason: spelling mistake
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes