Welcome, Guest

Just started on my path to 90 days of freedom!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Just started on my path to 90 days of freedom! 6951 Views

Re: Just started on my path to 90 days of freedom! 28 Feb 2016 04:51 #279502

• realsimcha
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
strugglinginpain wrote on 28 Feb 2016 04:32:
Gut Voch, Yesod, thank you very much.
I've read some of the other posts on the various forums and I think it's a good idea for me to post every single evening--just so I can check in with myself. Like keeping a diary that others can see and comment on, give advice and helpful tips or constructive criticism. What do you think?

If I can chime in here. I have been doing that for the past few weeks (almost three bh) and its really been helpful to me to have the responsibility to check in once a day. Its become part of my daily thing, to read a few posts and to post something myself. And let me tell you that the chevra on this site are amazing. I feel - and you will too - supported, respected and understood. Something I dont feel as often outside of GYE

Re: Just started on my path to 90 days of freedom! 28 Feb 2016 05:39 #279505

• Yesod
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey fellas,

It's a great idea,  but if i can add, just like if we're hungry we eat,  regardless if we had our scheduled dinner that night.  When we need to reach out, we need to reach out so dont limit yourself.  If you feel the need at anytime to connect just do it. 

Also, if anyone is interested in phone shmoozing from time to time, im always up to connecting with a fellow soldier. 

Gut voch

Re: Just started on my path to 90 days of freedom! 28 Feb 2016 06:12 #279508

• strugglinginpain
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Junior Boarder
Thank you realsimcha and Yesod. Since all of this is new to me, I really appreciate the support and ideas.
כל טוב and have gut, gezunt Voch.

Re: Just started on my path to 90 days of freedom! 28 Feb 2016 11:34 #279526

• Sasha 2
  • Current streak: 19 days
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome Welcome!!
I too am 23 in shiduchim, you came to the right place with great people who will support you until the very end and beyond...
Hatzlocha!
Feel free to email me anytime sanonym380380@gmail.com

Re: Just started on my path to 90 days of freedom! 29 Feb 2016 05:27 #279616

• strugglinginpain
  • Junior Boarder
OK. B"H I just had a very nice day. I traveled a little so that didn't give me much time to contemplate about any urges. Headaches are still persistent but more bearable. I don't know if they're subsiding or I'm getting used to them. But they're less noticeable, which is the main thing. I'm still having flashbacks of videos at unexpected moments.
I just realized how many hours I used to spend looking for these videos. Once I knew where and how to find them it was easy. But after I found one, I would look for a "better" one and so on and so forth. Then I would have ten or more paused videos open in my browser and I would view only the last one. Isn't that crazy? They all would've gotten me off the same way, but I was looking for more and more and more! And it wasted lots and lots of time.
Anyway, I'll go read other people's posts and call it a night.
כל טוב and have pure dreams.

Re: Just started on my path to 90 days of freedom! 29 Feb 2016 05:31 #279618

• strugglinginpain
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Sasha 2,
I haven't really started shidduchim. How are you managing?

Re: Just started on my path to 90 days of freedom! 01 Mar 2016 06:00 #279771

• strugglinginpain
  • Junior Boarder
Good evening,
B"H I have an uneventful day. I spent it with my parents. So, I didn't have time to think about urges, if I had any. Then in the evening after learning Gemara with my father, I was sitting alone and that's when those feelings started coming over me. B"H I had the presence of mind to overpower the thoughts, but it wasn't easy. It really was a fight. The images came to my mind and I was going to search the internet. But I nearly burst out laughing. How would I find anything? My filter wouldn't allow such images, let alone videos, to get past it. And I'm long out of practice in trying to bypass my filter (for a long time, I had my password). Besides, do I really want to give in when I've already had five whole days without acting out? I can't remember the last time that I've been clean for five days.
I realized that when I'm alone in the evening, that's when I'm the most vulnerable to my feelings. I begin to get lonely, even with my parents in the house, and I'm tired, so I give in more easily to my emotions.
I'm going to have to change something with my evening routine if I don't want to wear myself down.
At any rate, I feel a lot stronger, now that I've overcome those feelings.
Have a good night and pure dreams.

Re: Just started on my path to 90 days of freedom! 01 Mar 2016 06:48 #279774

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
A common saying in SA is to be aware of HALT:

H - Hungry
A - Angry
L - Lonely
T - Tired

Hatzlacha Rabah.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Just started on my path to 90 days of freedom! 01 Mar 2016 12:18 #279784

• Sasha 2
  • Gold Boarder
strugglinginpain wrote on 29 Feb 2016 05:31:
Hi Sasha 2,
I haven't really started shidduchim. How are you managing?

I havent actually gone out yet either, but im definitely working on getting the right tools.
Im on the right track and so are you!!

Re: Just started on my path to 90 days of freedom! 02 Mar 2016 05:35 #279901

• strugglinginpain
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Shlomo24,
I have to be aware of at least two out of those three (L and T). Sometimes, H as well.
Thanks.

Re: Just started on my path to 90 days of freedom! 02 Mar 2016 05:42 #279902

• strugglinginpain
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Sasha 2,
Keep up the good work and הצלחה רבה.

Re: Just started on my path to 90 days of freedom! 02 Mar 2016 05:50 #279903

• strugglinginpain
  • Junior Boarder
B"H another clean day towards my goal of a lust-free life. I was quite occupied today, so the thoughts and images in my mind were few and far apart.

That's all for tonight,

Re: Just started on my path to 90 days of freedom! 03 Mar 2016 05:54 #280067

• strugglinginpain
  • Junior Boarder
Wow, seven whole days without acting out or viewing inappropriate material!
B"H during most of the day today I felt like I didn't need or want to act out. It felt great and exhilarating. In the evening I felt the usual urges but with Hashem's help I was able to ignore them. Of course, I know that I have a long way to go to enjoy a lust-free life. But it just shows you that if you take one day at a time, it certainly adds up.

Re: Just started on my path to 90 days of freedom! 03 Mar 2016 11:24 #280082

• Sasha 2
  • Gold Boarder
strugglinginpain wrote on 03 Mar 2016 05:54:
Wow, seven whole days without acting out or viewing inappropriate material!
B"H during most of the day today I felt like I didn't need or want to act out. It felt great and exhilarating. In the evening I felt the usual urges but with Hashem's help I was able to ignore them. Of course, I know that I have a long way to go to enjoy a lust-free life. But it just shows you that if you take one day at a time, it certainly adds up.

Wow, Great! seven WHOLE days, i remember clear as day my first week clean and how excited i was about it! Keep it up or as Markz says "Keep on trucking" 
Hatzlocha!

Re: Just started on my path to 90 days of freedom! 04 Mar 2016 02:49 #280198

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep on Trucking is a standard gye refrain everyone repeats, which I use a little more liberally to advertise the Free Towing

My friend struggling, if you are counting days only, I personally don't think that's considered trucking, rather more like ticking - watching the clock tick - or rather a bomb ticking, tick tick...

Explode... BAM!!!!

I don't think you want to go down that road on your bike

so whats the plan?

Posting daily is one. anything else?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes