Welcome, Guest

My Quest - The Beginning
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: My Quest - The Beginning 3954 Views

Re: My Quest - The Beginning 24 Feb 2015 15:37 #249319

• Hashivalisesonyishecho
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Please Hashem give me back my Neshama
It is certainly choice 2 that Hashem is doing this for your benefit. The YH can't do anything. Only Hashem does everything. הוא לבדו עשה ועושה ויעשה לכל המעשים. The way you are growing from it shows us a benefit already and that's just what we can see in our small vision. I'm sure there's more benefit that we don't (yet) see. Hashem is building you and you are indeed growing and flourishing.
You
I know that Hashem is standing on the other side, with His arms wide open ready to give me the biggest hug and the biggest success imaginable. Success where I will lend and not borrow. Success where I can be inspiration to others

You are already lending chizuk to us all and being an inspiration to us. And it's just the beginning.
Last Edit: 24 Feb 2015 15:39 by Hashivalisesonyishecho.

Re: My Quest - The Beginning 24 Feb 2015 15:45 #249321

• hastirastir
  • Current streak: 21 days
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Moshe,

I just want to thank you for posting its agreat Chizzuk to read and it gives me tremendous strength.
I would like to comment on your observations of the other people at the dinner. Part of what I learned since joining GYE is the amount of people that are struggling internally and hiding their issues. People like me. And some of us on the outside may seem successful. But we all have demons that show up when nobody is looking and we take off the mask (Purim metaphor, sorry).
You seem like a good dad and you're honest with your struggles which is an accomplishment that others should be jealous of.

Re: My Quest - The Beginning 24 Feb 2015 16:38 #249324

• Shmeichel
  • Current streak: 980 days
  • Gold Boarder
  • Smiling to YOU!
hi moshe
the way you look at these mystery things that happened to you, is amazing
maybe thats exactly what hashem wants, to see if we will let ourselves get crushed
keep strong, it will all pass
when going forward gets tough, its merely a sign that you are going uphill, just give more gas
put your sobriety first; before your wife, before your kids, before your avodas HaTorah (except for the 3 that are יעבור ואל יהרג) Without sobriety you won't have any of those things!

Re: My Quest - The Beginning 24 Feb 2015 17:47 #249330

• moshe220
  • Fresh Boarder
You are all amazing and your words mean more than you'll ever know. Thank you.

Re: My Quest - The Beginning 24 Feb 2015 18:28 #249335

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
moshe220 wrote:

But then I told myself that those negative thoughts are just the YH trying to get me negative so that I will act out again. The truth is things ARE getting better. The truth is I am feeling better and moving in the right direction. And I shouldn't let dumb, negative thoughts convince me otherwise. I might not be where I want to be, but I'm moving, I'm getting there.

I strongly believe in all of the above positive facts. Refuah shleima for your son . The thing of the car... it happens sometimes , dont get wrong conclusions out of that. I see you have an excellent outlook for the future ahead of you. Thats awesome ! You know there is a posuk that says " יתן לך כלבבך וכל עצתיך ימלא . People dont really grasp what it is written here . They think that it says that Hashem will give you your desires , what you wish . But if you are medayek on the words , it says that Hashem gives you whatever it is dwelling in your heart. What is it that you are thinking . If you are thinking in your heart , good, positive things , Hashem will give you accordingly and if C"V you are thinking the opposite then the opposite befalls to that person . So BE"H continue expecting for the good , it will pour on to you , your kids and your whole family . Keep On Trucking my friend , Hatzlacha !

Re: My Quest - The Beginning 19 Mar 2015 13:57 #250828

• moshe220
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello There,

64 days and counting. 64 days and I have not checked out any sites that I used to frequent. No sex with other women for almost 2 months.

But I'm starting to find myself fading a little bit. I still don't have the money to do these things, but I need Hashem's help now more than ever to stay strong. I just feel this well of energy building up inside me and I've been rejected many times by Mrs which makes the situation worse.

I'm holding on but as it gets warmer outside things are getting harder for me. I know we have all been there before. Hopefully Hashem can will help me and keep me strong from the long road ahead. Thank you Hashem for my healing. I really need you now.
Last Edit: 19 Mar 2015 15:35 by cordnoy. Reason: Hey, wonder what that site provides.....

Re: My Quest - The Beginning 19 Mar 2015 15:52 #250842

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
MAZAL TOV on your progress!

Remind me what you are doing to foster a positive sobriety. Are you in any type of group, doing stepwork, opening up to a real person... I don't remember.

Re: My Quest - The Beginning 22 Mar 2015 02:05 #250948

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
One day at a time, Moshe!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: My Quest - The Beginning 25 Mar 2015 14:30 #251211

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
Hang in there Moshe.

You could do it so just go ahead!!!

Re: My Quest - The Beginning 25 Mar 2015 21:46 #251250

• Palti-Yossef
  • Expert Boarder
  • אש תמיד תוקד על המזבח לא תכבה
Damn, so bad I didn't discover this amazing thread before..!!
I don't know if you can imagine the 'hizuk you are giving here, and the most impressive thing is that you're not giving 'hizuk with words only, but mostly with you great actions !!

I don't know so much thing but you've got to know that we are here with you and we believe in you !! Go on this way and please let us know how things are going, your story is very inspiring !!!

Re: My Quest - The Beginning 30 Mar 2015 22:30 #251557

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
How are you doing Moshe220 ? We very much want to hear .
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes