Welcome, Guest

MISGABER? or perhaps not yet.....
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 37157 Views

Re: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 15 Sep 2014 16:09 #239579

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
What can I say, I feel very strongly for misgaber, and I personally don't know what I would do in his situation.

May Hashem give him the courage to forge ahead even with this new obstacle, to just Keep on Truckin!!!!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 15 Sep 2014 16:22 #239580

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yankel, yes you do, you know exactly what you would do if you were in misgabers situation....

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 15 Sep 2014 16:47 #239581

• cordnoy
Please excuse this brief tirade; it is not directed at any post in particular.

Yesterday was Sunday, so I will allow myself this mashal.

Cheerleadin' is an integral part of football (at least for those patsy teams)
But it ain't gonna score you any points.

Whew!
got that off my chest.
I do know the rebuttal that is comin'.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 15 Sep 2014 17:10 #239583

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
Please excuse this brief tirade; it is not directed at any post in particular.

Yesterday was Sunday, so I will allow myself this mashal.

Cheerleadin' is an integral part of football (at least for those patsy teams)
But it ain't gonna score you any points.

Whew!
got that off my chest.
I do know the rebuttal that is comin'.

well, they have cheerleaders for a reason....maybe it has to do with lifting morale of the players, so that they can score. do i have a point (hahaha)???

and dear misgaber, look, you yourself got moved to action when you had those falls, and you got a filter. that shows that you really trying to bounce back.
you can do it man.
i love you all

Re: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 15 Sep 2014 20:38 #239598

• skeptical
Cheering alone is useless, but camaraderie and encouragement amongst players is important on a team. A coach is a bit of a cheerleader as well. He drives his players forward with encouragement while teaching new skills.

Re: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 15 Sep 2014 21:04 #239601

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I know what it feels like to be down in the dumps feeling like I am 2 people, the one that people know, and the one people would be disgusted with. It's tough, and that's what brings many of us here. You already know that there is hope and that this is a great place with eitzos and chizzuk.

I will just comment on one thing you said. You mentioned
"I felt that hashem was pulling me up to the next level. You made it till here now let me see you go to the next level"

I have to say, that I used to think like that, and although it is subtle. It was all about me. Can I do it? It sounds a lot like serving Hashem, but it is really self-serving. Through some of dov's posts and phone calls, I began to realize that I was not really serving Hashem (I'm still not most of the time).

I began to change my perspective a bit. Not can I do it, but am I humbly serving Him. It's not about me, it's about G-d's will. Let go of my will and do His.

I may not be doing justice to this idea, but it is a game changer. It changes the perspective completely, and it leads to less struggling to WIN, and more "letting go" of my will in order to do his.

That is THE idea of R"H. We let go of our own selfish wants and tell Hashem that HIS will is what is important to us, and we humbly nullify ourselvs to do HIS will. oh yeah, and the more we actually let go and do G-d's will, the happier we are.

If this has nothing to do with you, please disregard. It helped me, and I hope it helps someone else.

Re: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 15 Sep 2014 21:14 #239602

• cordnoy
Great thought Gibbor; good point!

Based on this, my football mashal (on different thread) will need to be changed, for that is about drivin' down the field and scorin' and winnin'.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 16 Sep 2014 00:57 #239628

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Perhaps you could say that it is similar to giving up on your own personal stats for the benefit of the team. Doing the job the coach asks you to do even if you don't get the glory. You threw the block to get the running back open to score. You humbly accept your role and care about the team, not the self. Just a thought.

Re: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 05 Aug 2015 18:40 #260985

• cordnoy
misgaber41 wrote:
So here is how it goes.

I am in my 30's, brought up in a very respected family, happily married with beautiful children KE"H, have a stress free job......(what else could you ask for... no don't worry, I also have my share of difficulties in life but Borach hashem not to complain.)

BUT !

When I was all of 9 years old, I had a class mate who came from a wealthy family always had more than he needed, his father a very very generous person always gave him extra to share with others, and share he did , but it came with a price tag! he would bribe me to go to the bathroom for a minute in middle of class let him... and he would reward me with whatever he had that day. obviously this didn't happen to often but occasionally this did, without any body knowing of any thing!

This practice didn't end at there, when we were in the older classes before Bar Mitzva he obviously was chosen to be a monitor of some sort which gave him access to a locked room in the building. what better! at this point I would get $5 for each time!

Now I am not looking to blame anybody for my shortcomings but myself, I should of known better then to go along with this, But... this is the sad reality.

After Bar mitzvah we split up in 2 different Yeshivos, but naturally I was left with a dent and as a result I would have fantasies of all sorts did not have a clear head for a day, would go to the mikve and not stay focused, would come out rather tumah than tohor, but I learned in a very respected Yeshiva was very careful to keep my dignity, made sure to act and talk properly, but inside myself lied a very big secret, many times was I anxious to go talk to a mashgiach about my problem, but my self respect shame and being afraid of revealing my secret kept me back of doing so. I would never drink a ounce on Purim being afraid of letting loose, and maybe I will say something!

So I lived that double life having a name as a TOP BOY and deep down I knew that I was a BOTTOM BOY!

then came shiddichem (isn't that the solution?) I married a wonderful girl with all around my father-in -law paid for this GREAT BOY and again only 1 person knew the truth.

after I married I spent a couple of years in kollel which as al of the married guy over here know came along in the married version this sickness again fantasizing all day long, but all this time I had very little access to the internet so I resorted to the olden days style of addicts...

Then came the big blow when I took a office job like 3 years ago and got access to a computer all day long... more need to be said? I found out and filled in all that I have been missing all along after a short while I went from bad to worse My wife kept on asking me what's the matter but of course after so many years of doing this I am quit a good actor and managed to fool her too.

After a while of this behavior and after a deep fall I decided to follow a link from GYE and see what they have to offer, I didn't sign up the first time cuz I cant unveil my secret but after a few times and realizing that I cant fool MYSELF any longer I gave it a try.

So like 4 months ago I had the privilege of joining this holy community and signed p counting 90 days, chatted a lot, read the forum a lot, and even made some close friends which I speak often on the phone, but I still had convicted myself that I am not as bad as the others here I don't need to open up to the public I am strong enough to keep a low profile and still be MISGABER, oh was I wrong! it helped me for a short time but not a long term solution! I reached 83 days once and then like 28 days but yesterday IO had a big blow!

S after consulting with my dear GYE friends I decided to go public and start counting my 90 days openly and hopefully with the koach harabim I will make it to 120 Years!

thanking you in advance for helping me be MISGABER.

don't hit your head as this thread was just bumped!

Re: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 10 Aug 2016 05:51 #293614

• misgaber41
  • Senior Boarder
Wow its been a full year since I last posted on here, what a shame.

Oh, what a year..... I was goin to sa meetings for a nice portion of the year, cant say its not a good place, but I had some issues with that so I stoped going.

The last few months were pretty good but I am still yearning for something... there is still a void in me that needs to be filled. When I do slip or fall, I eat my heart out and dont know how to move on...

I guess I did not "grow out" GYE....so here I am!!!
איזהו גיבור הכובש את יצרו

Re: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 10 Aug 2016 10:12 #293617

• cordnoy
On this thread it looks like two years, but who's countin'? Nice to see ya. You still have my number.

B'hatzlachah

Re: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 22 Jan 2018 21:31 #325836

• cordnoy
cordnoy wrote on 13 May 2014 18:38:
If we cut the philosophy for a moment and focus on the practicalities.

A seductively dressed woman walks down the street and you notice her out of the corner of your eye.
You would like to look again.

Here are some of the options:

1. Look away
2. Daven for her
3. Ask Hashem to remove your desire.
4. Take another look
5. Ignore the situation.
6. Decide that it would be life threatenin' to look and act accordingly.

perhaps there are several others as well.

The fact that one is thinkin' thru the situation indicates that he is tryin' to recover. Based on the decision reached, he may regard himself as sexually sober. This dilemma can be regarded as a fight, battle, crossroad, or even less.

Sexually sober does not mean that he doesn't notice seductive women. Perhaps there will be those who reach that level, but to think that anything less means that you haven't recovered is counterproductive....again IMHO.

b'hatzlachah

I would like to add somethin' that to some may sound very controversial, and to some may even sound like heresy:

If one is practicin' recovery (any method) on a pretty consistent basis (which is somewhat vague), and then one day clicks on YouTube top ten kick returns and then clicks on the top ten craziest flea flickers and then clicks on the top ten cheerleader gaffes and then he masturbates, he is still recoverin' and he can consider himself sexually sober. There might not be a need for him to reevaluate everythin' he is doin'. 

(Yes, if that happens once a week, the above does not apply. Yes, if he is constantly fantasizin' about his aunt's laundry room, it might not apply. Yes, if he is peepin' into his neighbor's pool every afternoon at 2:00, it does not apply. But other than that, it just might.)

God speed!

Re: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 23 Jan 2018 00:57 #325845

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 22 Jan 2018 21:31:

A seductively dressed woman walks down the street and you notice her out of the corner of your eye.

1. Look away
2. Daven for her
4. Take another look
5. Ignore the situation.

The fact that one is thinkin' thru the situation indicates that he is tryin' to recover. Based on the decision reached, he may regard himself as sexually sober. This dilemma can be regarded as a fight, battle, crossroad, or even less.

Sexually sober does not mean that he doesn't notice seductive women. Perhaps there will be those who reach that level, but to think that anything less means that you haven't recovered is counterproductive....again IMHO.

b'hatzlachah

I would like to add somethin' that to some may sound very controversial, and to some may even sound like heresy:

If one is practicin' recovery (any method) on a pretty consistent basis (which is somewhat vague), and then one day clicks on YouTube top ten kick returns and then clicks on the top ten craziest flea flickers and then clicks on the top ten cheerleader gaffes and then he masturbates, he is still recoverin' and he can consider himself sexually sober. There might not be a need for him to reevaluate everythin' he is doin'. 

(Yes, if that happens once a week, the above does not apply. Yes, if he is constantly fantasizin' about his aunt's laundry room, it might not apply. Yes, if he is peepin' into his neighbor's pool every afternoon at 2:00, it does not apply. But other than that, it just might.)

God speed!

Is the moderator advocating for YouTube trolling?

Is the moderator disagreeing with the definition of "sexually sober" handed down from generation to generation, as received by Dr Bill on Mount Akron?
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 23 Jan 2018 01:51 #325848

• cordnoy
Good questions; well said, and I like your humor.

YouTube trollin'.....no.I was referrin' to cases where one is finger-trigger happy. Not all filters work. Not everyone has.

Regardin' the definition of "sexually sober." Firstly, not all Webster's are alike; just ask the cajolin' folk. And yes, those folks followin' the books and meetin's - they would need to restart their count.

My point was a simple one (but perhaps profound - how's that for a self-centered egocentric maniac): a fellow is workin' real hard in recovery, say a year or two of meetin's, maybe a weekly chaburah in mussar, perhaps an every day phone conference, avid book reader, maybe a chronic poster - whatever recovery method he's engaged in (as long as he's not fightin' tooth and nail, clenchin' his fists, grittin' his teeth, screwin' his eyes shut, etc.) - if he somehow happens to fall, let's not emphasize the streak endin' and all the good folks come in with words of encouragement that all is not lost. I say (again, as long as there are no obvious loopholes in his recovery method): keep goin'! So the Hell what? Perhaps don't even reset your count and focus on the accumulative count. I have advocated for that in the past that the accumulate count is far more important than the streak.

The guy that hits safely in 67 games but bats 290, is not better than the 340 hitter, who only managed 23 in a row.

I know the argument, but far too many guys are gettin' down after falls durin' a long clean streak.

God speed!

Re: MISGABER? or perhaps not yet..... 23 Jan 2018 02:03 #325853

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 22 Jan 2018 21:31:

1. Look away
2. Daven for her
4. Take another look
5. Ignore the situation.

b'hatzlachah

God speed

Your disclaimer at the end, sounded like some legalese which your lawyer required you to add in the fine print. Take it easy, I won't sue you. (My neighbor in the pool, might...)

For as much as my 2 cents are worth, I totally agree to the above post. I think this is the meaning of Sheva yipol tzadik v'kom. 
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com
Time to create page: 0.81 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes