Welcome, Guest

Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 4880 Views

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 17 Dec 2013 01:37 #225094

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
But how does one get past three days sober?

It just happens? and until then? they continue falling?

You deserve better dear friend, you deserve to live!!! What can you do?
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 18 Dec 2013 20:14 #225226

• sirclean
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks Pidiani. The thing I'm trying to focus on is that until now I've been trying to recapture the magic of not lusting, guarding my eyes and the like. So I tried to abstain and be careful to no avail. The point isn't to try to stop lusting; it's to change yourself and thereby enabling yourself to stop. I think that's a important component that I was overlooking.

Agav I find that u have less and less time to post. With the full Kollel schedule and the Chaburos and the like it's just very hard to find time. U Ned to make it more regularly but usually at night u just have time to slim the chizuk emails and that's it. Right now I'm borrowing one yungemans (filtered) phone but I can't do it every day. Does anyone else have this problem.

Ok, Chazak Rabbosai!

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 18 Dec 2013 20:25 #225228

• cordnoy
can you send your chaburah please?
which sugya?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 19 Dec 2013 03:13 #225267

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
sirclean wrote:
Agav I find that u have less and less time to post. With the full Kollel schedule and the Chaburos and the like it's just very hard to find time.
That is often a good thing. It should leave less time for lusting. When I'm busy, I also feel more productive and fulfilled which also reduces lusting.

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 19 Dec 2013 22:17 #225304

• sirclean
  • Senior Boarder
Nesrafim mutarim and gibbor you're right it was so much easier when I was crazy busy. Actually the last few days were pretty good, b"h wishing everyone a sober day!

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 24 Dec 2013 22:38 #225539

• sirclean
  • Senior Boarder
Ok b"h were in a little groove. Once I got my h head sober for three days I was really able to get things clearer on how to attack it. Also being very busy has been very helpful. Also hopefully I will be trying to help out other people with chizuk. Chazak Rabbosai!

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 25 Dec 2013 00:00 #225543

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
Great to hear!!

So now, what's the plan? How are you going to attack it?

Being busy is extremely helpful, but.....not something that can really be relied on, so what's the plan for when you're not busy?

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 31 Dec 2013 21:08 #225869

• sirclean
  • Senior Boarder
I'm sorry I haven't posted on awhile I didn't have internet access for awhile. The crazy thing is that I was under the illusion that I was safe but if course I wasn't.I stopped working hard and I fell. It's terrible. How do I prevent that? No passive stimulation at all. another question; I feel that the days I fall my dw has this animosity towards me almost as if she knows. It's uncanny.Does anyone else experience this?

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 01 Jan 2014 00:19 #225889

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
Fell Shmell!!! Look at it as a learning experience......and LEARN FROM IT!!

What exactly was the illusion, why did you think you were safe?

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 01 Jan 2014 01:34 #225905

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
sirclean wrote:
another question; I feel that the days I fall my dw has this animosity towards me almost as if she knows. It's uncanny.Does anyone else experience this?
dw = dear wife? I think R Arush writes about it in garden of peace.

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 01 Jan 2014 21:33 #225955

sirclean wrote:
... I feel that the days I fall my dw has this animosity towards me almost as if she knows. It's uncanny.Does anyone else experience this?

Yup! I just mentioned it to someone this week. That in the past, whenever I would fall, the next thing I knew was that my sholom bayis went downhill. But the good news is that B"H now that I manage to stay clean for much longer periods, my sholom bayis is B"H great.

As the possuk says: אין שלום בעצמי מפני חטאתי

Hatzlacha

MT

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 03 Jan 2014 01:34 #226002

• sirclean
  • Senior Boarder
I thought I was to stop working hard because I had no access to internet. I let my guard down and the yeyzer chapped me so shark. Until when will I be this foolish!

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 03 Jan 2014 01:37 #226003

• sirclean
  • Senior Boarder
Pdiani I think the above answers what I meant, machshava and gibbor I can't tell you how uncanny this is! I can't believe u never realized it before! Actually yes i can I was drunk! Who's R' Arush?

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 03 Jan 2014 07:56 #226011

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
R' Arush is the author of "The Garden of Peace"

We all have our foolish moments, THAT is the only self knowledge that really makes me do anything. If I have foolish moments, what can I do to stop myself from acting out then?

Re: Ninety days one minute at a time-Sircleans journey 08 Jan 2014 09:56 #226295

• sirclean
  • Senior Boarder
Life is so funny. Today I spent a lot of the day really "living with Hashem", realizing everything came from him and that everything was for the good. What a great day! Even though with the wrong attitude this could have been a terrible day ending with a fall. I've day ay a time!
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes