Welcome, Guest

Hashem, please open up the road for me!!!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 102855 Views

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 18 Aug 2015 14:52 #262090

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
pischoshelmachat wrote:
Hello My Dear Friends,
Some of you reached out to me wondering where i was. Well, I know that i must hang out here and stay in touch to stay healthy.

I guess "knowing" is half the battle.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 04 Sep 2015 21:47 #263301

Hi Again,
Just checking in before Selichos.
How are my wonderful friends doing?

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 06 Sep 2015 01:18 #263316

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Shuffling along, putting one little step in front of the other and hoping that this way I won't fall.
Maybe I'm not holding onto the person in front of me, and maybe I'm not even going in the right direction - but wherever I'm going I hope it's a little slower, a little more cautious - and with a tiny bit more humility than before.
More importantly, how are you? We haven't heard from you for ages. What have you been doing in your absence from here? How has it been going?
Shlomo

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 07 Sep 2015 20:58 #263469

Thank you Shlomo for saying hello. I have been very busy (good busy) in my personal life lately but now things are settling down. I did have a fall yesterday which I am terribly humiliated by but I must continue with the moddo progress not perfection.
I am sad that within a week of Yom Hadin and deep into Elul I allowed myself to enter a dangerous zone which ultimately I succumbed to.
I am humbled seeing many of my friends like Serenity, Gibor, AE and many others holding Shtark. I am trying to tap into their energy to stay healthy.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 07 Sep 2015 21:07 #263470

• cordnoy
Thank you for your honesty.

Are you working any type of program?

Gotta stay in touch.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 07 Sep 2015 21:17 #263472

Staying in touch is key for me. I did not keep in touch the past few weeks because I was very busy but I should have got right back in touch once things settled down. I didn't.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 07 Sep 2015 22:06 #263474

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Pischo,
Welcome back. Wow two posts in one day! Maybe you really Are coming back. I'm at the same stage as you. As Home Depot likes to say
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 07 Sep 2015 22:09 #263475

I thought the moddo is "You can do it..We can help"
In addiction the moddo is "Hashem can do it for you, just ask!"

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 07 Sep 2015 22:12 #263476

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
That would be this one...
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 08 Sep 2015 01:16 #263484

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.
Last Edit: 08 Sep 2015 01:17 by serenity.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 16 Sep 2015 16:58 #263892

Hello My Friends,
How was your Yom Tov? I felt that I got closer to HKB"H. I cried my eyes out and hopefully cleaned and flushed out some of the garbage.
I made the kabolas and davened to HKB"H, but now the "rubber hits the road" and I have to apply my commitment in the trenches.
I told the RBS"O, this year will be different because I have GYE, I have friends who are mechazek me and I was much better this year than last so I am a worthwhile investment for another year.
I will come to next R"H clean, one day at a time, with the protection of the RBS"O and the chizzuk from my dear friends.
The RBS"O believes in me so I know I can succeed, if I let him do the work.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 16 Sep 2015 18:29 #263901

Hello Again,
I am standing before HKB"H trying to convince him to give me another chance. I thought I had a good strategy worthwhile of an extension. Until I spoke with a friend who tells me that unless I give myself completely over to the SA program, I cannot tell the RBS"O that I am doing all that I can. In fact, I cannot even say that I am sincerely making an effort because nothing but SA works.
I am willing to do everything in the program besides face to face meetings. I went to 2 and I had a very bad experience so I cannot or do not want to go again. So I am a mumar ldavar echad.
So I ask all of my dear friends here, can I claim to do sincere tshuvah or am I a fraud? If I go to meetings, my marriage is over. I cannot give up my marriage.
Please help me.
Last Edit: 16 Sep 2015 18:30 by pischoshelmachat.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 16 Sep 2015 19:12 #263905

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
can you divulge why you had a bad experience in SA? also why is your marriage over if you go to meetings?
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 16 Sep 2015 19:28 #263910

Hi,
I answered you in an email. I did not want to put my answer on the forum in order not to discourage anyone else from going.
Last Edit: 16 Sep 2015 22:45 by pischoshelmachat.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 16 Sep 2015 19:56 #263915

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
There are people on this very forum who have had a tremendous amount of success without live meetings. Don't let that be an excuse for you.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
Focus on making the right choices as they come up. - Skeptical
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes