Welcome, Guest

L'chaim! Let's Celebrate!
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 7204 Views

L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 04 Dec 2020 11:49 #358203

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi everyone, I realized that there are so many guy here that really need to celebrate, yet all we do here is talk about our problems and how to solve them. Sometime, when a guy is doing well, we really need to celebrate together, lift the spirits of everyone, even those who are going through a rough time.

...So I would like to make this place for anyone who feels like they deserve a l'chaim. Or for anyone who thinks someone else deserves one, they should give them a shoutout as well.

Please note, Friday night there will be no ice cream, only cholent and drinks. 
L'chaim!
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 04 Dec 2020 14:59 #358214

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
wilnevergiveup wrote on 04 Dec 2020 11:49:
Hi everyone, I realized that there are so many guy here that really need to celebrate, yet all we do here is talk about our problems and how to solve them. Sometime, when a guy is doing well, we really need to celebrate together, lift the spirits of everyone, even those who are going through a rough time.

...So I would like to make this place for anyone who feels like they deserve a l'chaim. Or for anyone who thinks someone else deserves one, they should give them a shoutout as well.

Please note, Friday night there will be no ice cream, only cholent and drinks. 
L'chaim!

Great idea! I'll start, I deserve a tremendous...just kidding! I really gotta stop getting up and toasting my incredible looks. It's getting old, people probably think I'm incredibly weird and hallucinating and actually believed my mommy when she told me I'm gorgeous ostentatious and egotistical. Ok let me get my drink from the bar. Here's a mixup. I'll have a bourbon and club soda - shaken not stirred... (Tribute to the niftar, you may be too young for this reference).

First off a great big lichaim to our Mara D'Asra, R' wilnever v'chulu. Great idea. Hachtara details TBA.

Second, Harav Starting celebrated his magic "90" yesterday!! Mazal tov! K'shem shenichnas l'90 ken....

Third, to my incredible looks....Okay! Okay! No need to throw your drinks at me!!!
Last Edit: 04 Dec 2020 15:22 by grant400.

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 04 Dec 2020 14:59 #358215

• sapy
  • Platinum Boarder
MAZEL TOV!!!
@starting

for reaching 90 days!!
iyh by all of us of simches!
L'CHAIM!

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 05 Dec 2020 16:44 #358223

• wilnevergiveup
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazal Tov @starting, our hero! 

What are you guys making l'chaim on? 

I kinda stick to beer and cocktails... 

I will, G-d willing, have a (additional) beer for every celebration posted here. 

Lets keep this going!

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 05 Dec 2020 20:30 #358226

• starting
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Platinum Boarder
L'chaim to all and thanks for joining me in my simcha. Special shout out to all who made it happen

I would like to also point out that many of our brothers are deserving of a big l'chaim as they reach important milestones, 1 day, 3 days, 5, 10 etc. It's those early times that are real tough and making it through that deserves celebration. Guys that are new here and pushing their limits are real heroes. 

Iy"h by everyone!! 
IT IS POSSIBLE!! THERE IS A WAY!! 

Looking forward to joining your simcha. Yes you! 
The start of 'STARting' is 'star'. Just start and you're a star!!

'the cleaner I stay, the cleaner I stay' - AlexEliezer
העבר עיני מראות שוא, בדרכך חינו (תהלים קיט, לז)
PM me for my phone number

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 05 Dec 2020 23:30 #358230

• Rebuild613
  • Gold Boarder
Deleted
Demolished is my real name
Fool is my middle name
Last Edit: 01 Apr 2021 13:04 by Rebuild613. Reason: I'm gone

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 06 Dec 2020 01:01 #358234

• sapy
  • Platinum Boarder
After you have two drinks, you will see that you have alot why to celebrate... the third drink will be for pure celebration, so you definitely stick around...

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 06 Dec 2020 03:16 #358239

• sapy
  • Platinum Boarder
MAZEL TOV!!!
@YeshivehGuy

For reaching 
90 DAYS!!
iyh by all of us of simches!
L'CHAIM!!

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 06 Dec 2020 04:26 #358241

• wilnevergiveup
  • Platinum Boarder
starting wrote on 05 Dec 2020 20:30:
L'chaim to all and thanks for joining me in my simcha. Special shout out to all who made it happen

I would like to also point out that many of our brothers are deserving of a big l'chaim as they reach important milestones, 1 day, 3 days, 5, 10 etc. It's those early times that are real tough and making it through that deserves celebration. Guys that are new here and pushing their limits are real heroes. 

Iy"h by everyone!! 
IT IS POSSIBLE!! THERE IS A WAY!! 

Looking forward to joining your simcha. Yes you! 

I agree 100%! In fact that is really what inspired me to start this. It was people like @5770, guys like @Jack123  and new perspectives like this one and this one that really are celebratory. You guys may not realize it but it's in the thick of the fight where the battles are won. In those first few days, weeks or months, that's whet it's happening, that's when the real battle takes place.

Sooooooo, let's make a l'chaim to all you guys, one for each of course!

Last Edit: 06 Dec 2020 07:45 by wilnevergiveup.

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 06 Dec 2020 06:00 #358252

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I love the idea of this thread!

Mazel tov and congratulations![spoiler][/spoiler]

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Last Edit: 06 Dec 2020 06:01 by zedj.

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 06 Dec 2020 16:10 #358276

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Harav BenYeshiva, (some of you may only be familiar with his secular name; YeshivaGuy) and Harav (not just) Starting (anymore) cordially invite all esteemed GYE members to a reception tonight at the L'chaim Shteeble, in honor of their 90. Six o'clock Sharp. Black tie affair.

Menu: (Sorry, no Shnitzel and Kugel)

Drinks and assorted hors d'oeuvres will be served upon arrival.

Appetizer:

Men: Choice of olive oil basted crispy skin salmon or a oven roasted blackened sea bass.

Women: Choice of freshly shredded carrots or purple cabbage.

Soup:

Men: Choice of cream of broccoli or French onion.

Women: Kale puree.

Entree:

Men: Choice of tender filet mignon on a bed of sauteed truffle and champagne mushrooms, with a light red wine reduction.

Women: Fresh crispy lettuce, on a bed of fresh crispy lettuce leaves, with a light lettuce puree.

Dessert:

Men: Viennese table for consumption purposes 

Women: Viennese table for viewing purposes only.

Program:

Emcee: Our resident Gadol; Harav Hashem Help Me.

BenYeshiva will serenade us with his famous world renowned Lech Dodi. Accompanied by the spiritual music of the Neshama Brothers Orchestra, NeshamaInCharge and Diamindwithaflaw. Qwerty is good at keys, so he's surely musical. He'll be on the keyboard.

R' Starting will take us on a journey through his story of 90.

Harav Wilnever will deliver a discourse based upon the philosophies of the Michtav M'Eliyahu.

The venerable Harav Cordnoy is slated to make an appearance.

Manager: Mr. Youngster, trustworthy and full of energy, and thoughtfulness. 

Mr. Striving to be good will make sure there is an air of festivities!

90dys, in house rav for emergency halacha questions.

Decor by BlueOrangeBalloon LTD. 

Ok, let me make sure everything is running smoothly.

Nice bar, cocktails and homemade beer by the keynote speaker, wine and bourbon for the caterer the famous Markz of "Grill Markz" catering. (Yes he's catering tonight, he started his career as a vintner but now....). Did you see his tiny car in the lot? It looks like an hors d'oeuvre parked next to Gevuras monsta (thanks for bringing the cows). Ok, nice sign hanging, we only serve shaken not stirred. I know I'm obsessed. Looks like Yehuda B and Lodaas are already sampling some good stuff.

Oh, the seating cards, there's a woman's side? We are lusters!!! Let's see who they invited, ok, Someone's Sister, Table 1, Someone's Aunt table 2, Someone's mother table 3...ok I guess we are safe. I wonder if Rebbetzin 7up is here...But let's get our builder, Rebuild613 to construct one heck of a mechitza.We should probably have Captain, YuYu and Oived Elokim or Testero, our Navy SEAL, (R' Guard too, if he still exists) our military dudes guarding the bulletproof mechitza, (although without a trigger....).

Whos the tech guy? Oh right we can hire i-man! With a name like that he's probably half computer. We need bouncers too..in case people get rowdy. Um...these millenials a wild bunch..not you AM you are a good one we need you as an usher. Ok, Bigmoish and Miggisbooms, will be the bouncers,I mean with a name like that he's probably from Kazakhstan and has a neck as thick as the beef on tonight's menu...I'm sure he'll be pretty scary. We also need a respectable maitre de, how about 5770? Is he available? If not I think MenachemGYE will do a fine job. Or R' Excellence. He seems super nice too. Oh wait,  I got it! Dave M! Peeeerfect! He forsure has a lovely smile but can he pull off the required snooty air of superiority? 

If you feel something can be better, please contact Looking_to_Improve. He's already on it!

Let me go check out my grilling station, maybe I should go to the mikvah first, this meat is gonna have a din of b'sar kodshim. OMG! Zedj and Jack123 are already chomping through the first batch...gotta run!

Sous chef Grant
Last Edit: 06 Dec 2020 17:06 by grant400.

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 06 Dec 2020 16:29 #358277

• sapy
  • Platinum Boarder
Omg Grant! A master piece! What a party planner!
I can barely manage my own life, you want me to manage such an event?!
Last Edit: 06 Dec 2020 16:32 by sapy.

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 06 Dec 2020 19:20 #358290

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow! Amazing shkoyach!
This sure beats the leftover cholent from Shabbos we get here Sunday night!

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 06 Dec 2020 20:28 #358297

LECHAIM SBJ!!!

for the self awareness to see where things were headed.
for the will power to reach out
for the strength to regroup asap

iyh by us all!!

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 07 Dec 2020 05:11 #358329

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Grant400 wrote on 06 Dec 2020 16:10:
Harav BenYeshiva, (some of you may only be familiar with his secular name; YeshivaGuy) and Harav (not just) Starting (anymore) cordially invite all esteemed GYE members to a reception tonight at the L'chaim Shteeble, in honor of their 90. Six o'clock Sharp. Black tie affair.

Menu: (Sorry, no Shnitzel and Kugel)

Drinks and assorted hors d'oeuvres will be served upon arrival.

Appetizer:

Men: Choice of olive oil basted crispy skin salmon or a oven roasted blackened sea bass.

Women: Choice of freshly shredded carrots or purple cabbage.

Soup:

Men: Choice of cream of broccoli or French onion.

Women: Kale puree.

Entree:

Men: Choice of tender filet mignon on a bed of sauteed truffle and champagne mushrooms, with a light red wine reduction.

Women: Fresh crispy lettuce, on a bed of fresh crispy lettuce leaves, with a light lettuce puree.

Dessert:

Men: Viennese table for consumption purposes 

Women: Viennese table for viewing purposes only.

Program:

Emcee: Our resident Gadol; Harav Hashem Help Me.

BenYeshiva will serenade us with his famous world renowned Lech Dodi. Accompanied by the spiritual music of the Neshama Brothers Orchestra, NeshamaInCharge and Diamindwithaflaw. Qwerty is good at keys, so he's surely musical. He'll be on the keyboard.

R' Starting will take us on a journey through his story of 90.

Harav Wilnever will deliver a discourse based upon the philosophies of the Michtav M'Eliyahu.

The venerable Harav Cordnoy is slated to make an appearance.

Manager: Mr. Youngster, trustworthy and full of energy, and thoughtfulness. 

Mr. Striving to be good will make sure there is an air of festivities!

90dys, in house rav for emergency halacha questions.

Decor by BlueOrangeBalloon LTD. 

Ok, let me make sure everything is running smoothly.

Nice bar, cocktails and homemade beer by the keynote speaker, wine and bourbon for the caterer the famous Markz of "Grill Markz" catering. (Yes he's catering tonight, he started his career as a vintner but now....). Did you see his tiny car in the lot? It looks like an hors d'oeuvre parked next to Gevuras monsta (thanks for bringing the cows). Ok, nice sign hanging, we only serve shaken not stirred. I know I'm obsessed. Looks like Yehuda B and Lodaas are already sampling some good stuff.

Oh, the seating cards, there's a woman's side? We are lusters!!! Let's see who they invited, ok, Someone's Sister, Table 1, Someone's Aunt table 2, Someone's mother table 3...ok I guess we are safe. I wonder if Rebbetzin 7up is here...But let's get our builder, Rebuild613 to construct one heck of a mechitza.We should probably have Captain, YuYu and Oived Elokim or Testero, our Navy SEAL, (R' Guard too, if he still exists) our military dudes guarding the bulletproof mechitza, (although without a trigger....).

Whos the tech guy? Oh right we can hire i-man! With a name like that he's probably half computer. We need bouncers too..in case people get rowdy. Um...these millenials a wild bunch..not you AM you are a good one we need you as an usher. Ok, Bigmoish and Miggisbooms, will be the bouncers,I mean with a name like that he's probably from Kazakhstan and has a neck as thick as the beef on tonight's menu...I'm sure he'll be pretty scary. We also need a respectable maitre de, how about 5770? Is he available? If not I think MenachemGYE will do a fine job. Or R' Excellence. He seems super nice too. Oh wait,  I got it! Dave M! Peeeerfect! He forsure has a lovely smile but can he pull off the required snooty air of superiority? 

If you feel something can be better, please contact Looking_to_Improve. He's already on it!

Let me go check out my grilling station, maybe I should go to the mikvah first, this meat is gonna have a din of b'sar kodshim. OMG! Zedj and Jack123 are already chomping through the first batch...gotta run!

Sous chef Grant

Please leave me some bones and scraps of steak to feast on when the guests leave. I don't want to frighten anyone with my feline appearance...
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes