Welcome, Guest

Things that make you go "hmmmmm......"
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: Things that make you go "hmmmmm......" 14082 Views

Re: Things that make you go 04 Aug 2015 20:16 #260878

• cordnoy
shlomo613 wrote:
It's gonna have major implications on my diet

the paunchiness of the sun, or the black licorice?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Things that make you go 04 Aug 2015 20:21 #260880

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder

Licorice..
I was scratching my head how 110 times the diameter makes it that 1.3 million earths would fit inside.
That does however explain how someone who is double my girth can eat 200 times as much..

Re: Things that make you go "hmmmmm......" 24 Sep 2020 02:07 #355412

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 01 Nov 2011 18:31:
FDA: Beware Black Licorice Overdose
Tuesday November 1, 2011 5:20 AM

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has a warning for candy-loving grown-ups: Too much black licorice can cause heart problems.

The old-fashioned favorite contains glycyrrhizin, a chemical that can trigger a dangerous drop in potassium levels. When potassium runs low, heart rhythms fluctuate and blood pressure can rise causing swelling, lethargy, even congestive heart failure.

Licorice has long been used as a natural remedy for heartburn, stomach ulcers, sore throat and some infections. Although its healing powers remain unclear, several studies have linked black licorice to heart disease and high blood pressure in people over 40 - even if they had no history of these conditi8ons.

So how much is too much? According to the FDA, eating 2 ounces of black licorice a day for two weeks could land someone in the hospital with a heart arrhythmia.

People with high blood pressure, heart disease or kidney disease are even more susceptible to black licorice’s effects, according to the National Institutes of Health. As few as 5 grams (.18 ounces) per day could cause health problems.

The good news is cutting back on black licorice can quickly restore potassium levels.

Avoid eating large amounts of black licorice at a time, and alert your doctor if you notice an irregular heart rhythm or muscle weakness, the FDA said. Black licorice can also interact with some medications and dietary supplements, so talk to your doctor if you eat the sweet regularly.

{ABC News/Matzav.com Newscenter}

anyone know if this applies to black jelly beans?

vosizneias.com/2020/09/23/too-much-candy-man-dies-from-eating-bags-of-black-licorice/

!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes