Welcome, Guest

Need serious help with Covenant Eyes
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need serious help with Covenant Eyes 1818 Views

Need serious help with Covenant Eyes 15 Mar 2016 08:37 #281337

• Ploni
  • Fresh Boarder
I have been using Covenant Eyes for many years and it has helped me stay away from bad places. I have had it installed on both personal and work computers without problems.
With my new employer, I am having DNS problems. To configure my antivirus software, including for automatic updates, the IT technician selects "Obtain DNS server address automatically." Unfortunately, Covenant Eyes changes it, almost immediately, to 127.0.0.2, notifying it did so in a popup window. Therefore he cannot configure the software properly, and my PC is unprotected from viruses, malware, etc.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone know how to stop CE from changing the DNS server?
This is a serious issue, because if the problem is not solved my employer may force me to remove Covenant Eyes from my system, leaving me unprotected.  Thanks for your help.

Re: Need serious help with Covenant Eyes 12 Apr 2016 19:41 #284408

• Yesodi
  • Current streak: 35 days
  • Senior Boarder
Ploni wrote on 15 Mar 2016 08:37:
I have been using Covenant Eyes for many years and it has helped me stay away from bad places. I have had it installed on both personal and work computers without problems.
With my new employer, I am having DNS problems. To configure my antivirus software, including for automatic updates, the IT technician selects "Obtain DNS server address automatically." Unfortunately, Covenant Eyes changes it, almost immediately, to 127.0.0.2, notifying it did so in a popup window. Therefore he cannot configure the software properly, and my PC is unprotected from viruses, malware, etc.
Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone know how to stop CE from changing the DNS server?
This is a serious issue, because if the problem is not solved my employer may force me to remove Covenant Eyes from my system, leaving me unprotected.  Thanks for your help. 

Have you tried the obvious: contacting Covenant Eyes's tech-support? 
I invite you to follow:

Re: Need serious help with Covenant Eyes 12 Apr 2016 22:56 #284424

• MeyerLemon
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Expert Boarder
  • The whole world rests on the tip of the tongue.
Ploni, I am wondering if you uninstall Covenant Eyes, let the IT technician do his thing, and then reinstall Covenant Eyes, will it work then?

Re: Need serious help with Covenant Eyes 01 May 2016 17:05 #286200

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome 
I'm a little intrigued by the choice of your name 'Afterdeath'

Is that how you feel currently?

I can definitely try give you my input if you like
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes