Welcome, Guest

Determination is completely up to us
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Determination is completely up to us 1863 Views

Determination is completely up to us 27 Dec 2015 00:42 #272412

Determination is completely up to us
A quote from Guard Your Eyes handbook  (point 7)
"The Vilna Gaon says that what a person says they want or feel they want,  has no relation to what they actually want. The evil inclination has been given permission to make a person feel they want something they really don't.  The evil inclination also has permission to make you feel you cannot when you can. This has no relation to what you can or cannot do in reality. So believe you can succeed even if you feel you can't. "     

The realization that what I truly want is to avoid immodest Internet is like the home base on my GPS. According to that point, I judge and decide on all my spirituous ideas and desires concerning this.
I know firmly in my heart,  without a doubt, that it wrong and not worthwhile it to look at immodest internet.

When temptation comes my way I understand that although I think and feel one thing, it is not  what I actually want . Further, if I think I can't,  I am certain that I really can.
The method to break free from immodest Internet is through Torah study. The evil inclination is a strong force and the Torah gives one the strength to break it.

Even so did the Holy One, blessed be He, speak unto Israel: ‘My children! I created the Evil Desire, but I [also] created the Torah, as its antidote; if you occupy yourselves with the Torah, you will not be delivered into his hand."

Re: Determination is completely up to us 27 Dec 2015 23:29 #272488

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
And if I'm not determined no שקלא וטריא or votes can sway me
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes