Welcome, Guest

Starting the next step of life
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Starting the next step of life 227 Views

Starting the next step of life 01 Feb 2024 22:12 #408079

• b00mb00m2
  • Fresh Boarder

Hey, I’m 19 year old yeshiva guy from isreal, I came to isreal at a earlyish age for a high school in a dorm school, in this dorm the vibes weren’t the most clean,everyone had smartphones that we’re supposed to have filters but most of which didn’t have, it really was an environment of talking shtuyot and talking about girls nothing healthy. Either way while I was there that really got me into a deep pit of not being shomer habris, and not watching my eyes.

I’m now in yeshiva grown up and see how bad it was and am trying to stop these bad habits that still haunt me, I’m going out with the girl who GD willing will be my future wife, I have of a lot to work on and alot I need to correct, but I know that until I get that done how could I start a family? how can I create this relationship while not in total Kedusha and while disgracing myself and the very esence of Jewish relationships in the first place? Soo my big question is what am I supposed to do???

Re: Starting the next step of life 01 Feb 2024 22:25 #408080

• foolie
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Try standing on your head and spitting wooden nickels.
when you get bored of that, just keep working on yourself and everything else should sort itself out 
I will give battle Sir- General George Meade (Army of the Potomac)
Nuts!- General Anthony McAuliffe (101st Airborne)
Lets Get Dangerous! - Darkwing Duck
You’ll need to raise the ante and negotiate- Rechnitzer Rejects
I'm fresh out of essential truths- Spock
Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person - David Rossi

Re: Starting the next step of life 01 Feb 2024 22:55 #408084

• frank.lee
  • Current streak: 333 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Have you started reading the battle of the generation?

Re: Starting the next step of life 02 Feb 2024 01:44 #408092

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
foolie wrote on 01 Feb 2024 22:25:
Try standing on your head and spitting wooden nickels.
when you get bored of that, just keep working on yourself and everything else should sort itself out 

It’s a cool response but not for first time member. It’s like you let him enter Texas with zero passport control. That’s not how we welcome new immigrants!!

Please try again. 
You can do better (I think )

#return-the-razor-fencing
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Starting the next step of life 02 Feb 2024 02:11 #408093

• foolie
  • Current streak: 4 days
  • Platinum Boarder
In Texas they ship new immigrants to New York, Chicago, San Francisco and Seattle. My apologies for not being a better welcoming committee member. So welcoming committee members by all means the floor is yours
I will give battle Sir- General George Meade (Army of the Potomac)
Nuts!- General Anthony McAuliffe (101st Airborne)
Lets Get Dangerous! - Darkwing Duck
You’ll need to raise the ante and negotiate- Rechnitzer Rejects
I'm fresh out of essential truths- Spock
Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person - David Rossi

Re: Starting the next step of life 04 Feb 2024 03:37 #408149

• iwant2begood
  • Current streak: 3164 days
  • Expert Boarder
b00mb00m2 wrote on 01 Feb 2024 22:12:

Hey, I’m 19 year old yeshiva guy from isreal, I came to isreal at a earlyish age for a high school in a dorm school, in this dorm the vibes weren’t the most clean,everyone had smartphones that we’re supposed to have filters but most of which didn’t have, it really was an environment of talking shtuyot and talking about girls nothing healthy. Either way while I was there that really got me into a deep pit of not being shomer habris, and not watching my eyes.

I’m now in yeshiva grown up and see how bad it was and am trying to stop these bad habits that still haunt me, I’m going out with the girl who GD willing will be my future wife, I have of a lot to work on and alot I need to correct, but I know that until I get that done how could I start a family? how can I create this relationship while not in total Kedusha and while disgracing myself and the very esence of Jewish relationships in the first place? Soo my big question is what am I supposed to do???

Welcome, I also struggled as a bochur, Thank G-D I was clean and sober when I got married, but if this is not under control when you get married, this can cause great issues.

Re: Starting the next step of life 04 Feb 2024 04:01 #408151

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 234 days
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome! 
You have come come to the right place! I am a little new here myself, but my life has already changed for the good.
There's a lot of good people here who can help.
Try reaching out to michelgelner@gmail.com. He is very helpful.
Hatzlacha and keep us posted!!

Re: Starting the next step of life 04 Feb 2024 14:24 #408172

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome! Try strengthening yourself with these great free resources:

1) The Battle of the Generation: a sensational free ebook that seriously gets you excited to fight and win this fight. It's a real game-changer.

2) The Fight: an incredible audio series from Rabbi Shafier.

Links are below in my signature.
Wishing you much success!
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: Starting the next step of life 04 Feb 2024 20:41 #408205

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi! That's a great question. And you have some great suggestions above (minus the spitting nickels thingy). Please stick around, learn the ropes. There are good resources here and some great guys. Lots to learn, so give yourself time. Keep posting!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: Starting the next step of life 04 Feb 2024 20:46 #408207

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
eerie wrote on 04 Feb 2024 20:41:
Hi! That's a great question. And you have some great suggestions above (minus the spitting nickels thingy). Please stick around, learn the ropes. There are good resources here and some great guys. Lots to learn, so give yourself time. Keep posting!

Shame, that was actually my favorite part
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face

Re: Starting the next step of life 14 Feb 2024 02:15 #408640

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey, how are things going for you?

Re: Starting the next step of life 15 Feb 2024 21:38 #408737

I find speaking to a rabbi works !!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes