Welcome, Guest

Homosexuality
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Homosexuality 1293 Views

Re: Homosexuality 10 Jan 2024 20:26 #406811

• ainshumyeiush
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
cande wrote on 10 Jan 2024 20:06:

redfaced wrote on 10 Jan 2024 19:41:
No offense - but, dude relax.

@ refaced
how do i deal with sexual feelings in a strip club? 

have you considered that maybe he considered not going to the mikva, and for reasons that you are not aware of, its not an option? 
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

Curiosity kills the count

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/401159-This-time-for-real?limit=15&start=15#401727

feel free to get in touch
ainshumyeiush@gmail.com 
7327021556 (google voice)

Re: Homosexuality 10 Jan 2024 20:40 #406814

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I wear pretty strong glasses, and when I go to the Mik (not very often) I do take them off. Still, I can see enough to challenge me greatly if I choose to look. Sometimes seeing not so clearly is worse, because your imagination fills in the blanks and makes it more perfect than real life.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Homosexuality 10 Jan 2024 20:40 #406815

• cordnoy
Although Mr. Cande may have written his posts in a confrontational manner (somethin' that somewhat is dear to my heart), I must side with his mindset this time. Mikvah is not an obligation nowadays; if the poster, who might be long gone by now, is questionin' that, he should most definitely be speakin' to his Rebbe and provide full disclosure. If not, he decided that he is goin' to the Mikvah. Although it is generally a spiritual endeavor, he decided to partake knowin' that it will excite him, and therefore asked: "how does one deal with his homosexual tendencies and desires in the Mikvah?" Mr. Cande responded: "How does one deal with his heterosexual tendencies and desires in a strip club?" Answer: Either he spends $150.00 in the backroom, or he hightails it outta there and tosses and turns in bed until somehow he returns to a calm state.

I know the argument on the comparison, but I chuckled several times when readin' his valid point; it may not be a winnin' argument, but it is one to consider.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Homosexuality 10 Jan 2024 20:41 #406816

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder

@ refaced

Perhaps you can make the same point while being more optimistic about his wanting to go to Mikva. 
The way it was said sounded like a burst out on the whole mikvah thing.

Re: Homosexuality 10 Jan 2024 20:42 #406818

• cordnoy
Gevura Shebyesod wrote on 10 Jan 2024 20:40:
I wear pretty strong glasses, and when I go to the Mik (not very often) I do take them off. Still, I can see enough to challenge me greatly if I choose to look. Sometimes seeing not so clearly is worse, because your imagination fills in the blanks and makes it more perfect than real life.

Real life sucks - at times.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: Homosexuality 10 Jan 2024 20:52 #406819

• ainshumyeiush
  • Gold Boarder
@cordnoy, ill concede to your point, however, for a highschool kid who is expected to go everyday, and hasn't shared his struggles with his rabbi/parents, not going can bring questions. And while the mikva is not a chiuv nowadays, for someone brought up going every day, in a society where they place a lot of value to it, the thought of not going can seem as bad as not wearing tzitzis, also not a chiuv.
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/401159-This-time-for-real?limit=15&start=15#401727

ainshumyeiush@gmail.com 

Re: Homosexuality 10 Jan 2024 20:58 #406820

• cordnoy
ainshumyeiush wrote on 10 Jan 2024 20:52:
@cordnoy, ill concede to your point, however, for a highschool kid who is expected to go everyday, and hasn't shared his struggles with his rabbi/parents, not going can bring questions. And while the mikva is not a chiuv nowadays, for someone brought up going every day, in a society where they place a lot of value to it, the thought of not going can seem as bad as not wearing tzitzis, also not a chiuv.

Thank you; perhaps, for the fun of it, you should ask your Rosh Yeshivah what his opinion is - and of course, tell him that you're askin' for a friend.

Re: Homosexuality 10 Jan 2024 21:01 #406821

• ainshumyeiush
  • Gold Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 10 Jan 2024 20:58:

ainshumyeiush wrote on 10 Jan 2024 20:52:

Thank you; perhaps, for the fun of it, you should ask your Rosh Yeshivah what his opinion is - and of course, tell him that you're askin' for a friend.

i dont have these struggles, i also dont go dipping, skinny or not. And maybe i will, Ive asked worse questions. 

ainshumyeiush@gmail.com 

Re: Homosexuality 10 Jan 2024 21:18 #406825

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder

cande wrote on 10 Jan 2024 19:24:

you olney have these feelings in the mikva??
then your creating your own issue, (These words are blaming)( you obviously dont even have the courage to take off your glasses. why do you think hashem created glasses for?)( These words are simply offensive, my dear friend)
who asked you to go to a mikva??
stay home, and if you want to feel holy pour ט' קבין on your self in your non homosexual bathroom.
My dear friend, I'm sorry for the challenge you face. Have you considered not going to the mikva? If the mikva presents you with a challenge, perhaps it is a place you should avoid. Ask a Rav, maybe 9 kav (AKA a shower) can be enough for whatever your visiting the mikva for?

Dear Cande, please see the above. I've given you a suggested way of writing so that you don't come across as offensive to some. Your point is that you think he should avoid the mikva, and you have valid point for him to consider, but you can write it a little differently, and skip the response to redfaced. 
Keep k'nocking!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: Homosexuality 10 Jan 2024 21:22 #406827

• crispy
  • Gold Boarder
cande wrote on 10 Jan 2024 20:25:
Sorry if I came across too harshly.
​I understand that everyone is wired differently.
And I certainly respect the unique challenge of every tzadik on this forum.
Shteig away!

WOW, that's nice of you, and I apologize for my previous response; it was before I saw this one.

Re: Homosexuality 10 Jan 2024 21:45 #406828

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder

@ refaced

All I was saying was relax - not that youre wrong 

When you're in a strip club you should take you're glasses off - same as in a mikveh

With the lshem yichud
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face
Last Edit: 10 Jan 2024 21:55 by redfaced.

Re: Homosexuality 10 Jan 2024 22:01 #406830

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 10 Jan 2024 20:40:
 if the poster, who might be long gone by now, 

I know the argument on the comparison, but I chuckled several times when readin' his valid point; it may not be a winnin' argument, but it is one to consider.

I chuckled too, since it was funny( even funnier because I had to check twice to see that it wasnt you who was posting -I mean, cande? who'da thunk) But, as mentioned many times times here there are new people who post here who disappear after a post taht is worded too sharply.

I shudder to think what would have happened had  CO gotten scared off after he got his pajama wearin'  basement sittin' drasha givin' honesty smashin' welcome. lots of people would have lost out on a valuable source of chizzuk.
There is a right way how to respond and multiple wrong way .
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face
Last Edit: 11 Jan 2024 13:38 by redfaced.

Re: Homosexuality 10 Jan 2024 22:22 #406832

• yitzchokm
  • Current streak: 290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
People who have SSA challenges need a lot of sensitivity, and even more so from people who aren't facing these challenges. They are generally misunderstood and to some extent they are dismissed and mistreated by many people, albeit sometimes unintentionally. People on GYE who have SSA want to be good and they are sometimes fighting a lone war. Even things that aren't offensive to the rest of us would often be extremely offensive to someone struggling with SSA. People who try to legitimize SSA have to be dealt with differently and our objective regarding them is to discern right from wrong but people who want to be better and are struggling need the approach I mentioned. It was nice that this was picked up by CO and others.
Last Edit: 10 Jan 2024 22:58 by yitzchokm.

Re: Homosexuality 11 Jan 2024 00:32 #406835

• cande
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 10 Jan 2024 20:40:
: "How does one deal with his heterosexual tendencies and desires in a strip club?" Answer: Either he spends $150.00 in the backroom, or he hightails it outta there and tosses and turns in bed until somehow he returns to a calm state.

@cordnoy
seems you havent been there since inflation.
keep it up!
Last Edit: 11 Jan 2024 00:33 by cande.

Re: Homosexuality 11 Jan 2024 04:30 #406848

• cande
  • Platinum Boarder
on a more serious note, at age should i let my kids start going to mikva?
P.S. most of my sexual abuse went down in the mikva!
Last Edit: 11 Jan 2024 04:30 by cande.
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes