Welcome, Guest

It's all in the name
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: It's all in the name 18357 Views

Re: It's all in the name 29 Nov 2022 21:36 #388546

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You've only amplified my question, Chancy! Because what are you and all the people here doing if nit all that you describe, albeit in kabbala for the laymen:) I know the answer, chancy. The reason Moshiach is not here yet is because not enough people are here on GYE! There's a whole thread about getting the people here, עיין שם ותמצא נחת
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 30 Nov 2022 00:03 #388553

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Geshmak! wrote on 29 Nov 2022 17:51:

Markz wrote on 29 Nov 2022 06:12:

Gevura Shebyesod wrote on 28 Nov 2022 21:43:
אָמַר רַבִּי יוֹחָנָן, שְׁלֹשָׁה מַכְרִיז עֲלֵיהֶן הַקָּדוֹשׁ בָּרוּךְ הוּא בְּכׇל יוֹם: עַל רַוּוֹק הַדָּר בִּכְרַךְ וְאֵינוֹ חוֹטֵא
Pesachim 113

ומה מכריז עליו?
קומ״ט
[כך שמעתי מפי כבוד קדושת הגה״צ קארל מארקס שליטא רבן דכל בני הגולה]

What?!?!? 

And here I thought you know Yiddish… 
KOMT!

See more at
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/23-Just-Having-Fun/84252-GYE-GLOSSARY-OF-TERMS
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: It's all in the name 30 Nov 2022 03:50 #388560

• sapy
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow, I feel like an Alta zetzer.... but you guys should read some old threads here! 
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Scary to see the ony thank you of the Baal Habbus...

Re: It's all in the name 30 Nov 2022 05:54 #388564

WOWOWOW I love every word you wrote! I was in the same situation as you, I'm currently up to day 16. The fighting isn't easy, but I can so relate to every word you wrote!

I'm struggling since I was 13-14 (more than 10 years ups and downs). And now I suddenly got this push from Hashem to go ahead and start fighting this bloody war.

Thank you Hashem for pushing me to where I'm up to!!

Re: It's all in the name 30 Nov 2022 06:31 #388565

• emes-a-yid
  • Current streak: 235 days
  • Gold Boarder
Eerie wrote on 29 Nov 2022 18:30:
I felt alive. Because I am alive. I can do this, I can fight, I can stay clean, I can make Hashem proud, I can make my wife proud, I can make my parents proud, and yes, I can even make myself proud. Yes, I can look in the mirror and be proud. Because I'm here for the long haul. Dearest friends, my dear dear brothers, I so happy to join you all in the land of the living!

And all of us reading this are proud, keep shteiging and representing a very special holy yid becoming holier, you are own of a kind, keep that in mind. BTW I know it may sound cleshay but I plan on never falling, and bz"h with constant talks and chizuk, it just won't happen, because I am being volnerable similar to you. HHM thanks for your help, if you are reading this, I B"H on day like 50+ (just counted at 7+ because I wanted to do a daily fresh start on here) I hope you are proud of me, and please don't think for a second I don't care and that's why I haven't been in touch. I do care and B"H I have been very busy and always kept that and now doing 50 days please be proud, although I know I haven't reached out to you for a while now. Eerie, chazak ubaruch I am planing to be proud of each and everyone of us here, so it's not just your blood relatives yourself and friends. It is also  us your gye community chaverim here by your side! hatzlacha, and keep up the great work!!
To my dear friend reading this:
You are an incredible yid for just being on this site, I am breath taken after each post or new person that comes on and shares a bit about himself, keep it up. You guys are mamash matzlichim in your own ways of growth and Hashem is proud of each one of you! (that includes me too) lol.

KEEP UP YOUR TREMENDOUS UPLIFTING IN THE AVODAH OF EMES!!

Thanks for reading! Stay shtark, I am also being challenged, just build your confidence, never quit no matter what, you are your strongest enemy and yet you are your strongest savior so you choose, I am not saying it's easy but am saying it's possible just takes effort and work!!
-from Emes-A-Yid

Re: It's all in the name 30 Nov 2022 18:18 #388602

• chancy
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder

Last Edit: 30 Nov 2022 18:40 by chancy.

Re: It's all in the name 30 Nov 2022 18:27 #388603

• sapy
  • Platinum Boarder
chancy wrote on 30 Nov 2022 18:18:

איך פארשטיי פיין אידיש און איך האב פארשטאנען וואס קומ''ט מיינט. איך האב נישט פארשטאנען פארוואס די געסט אזוינע טיטלען פאר דעם פיפל און עוכר ישראל

Hey! You still don't know enough.... Karl Marksz is one of our best GYE members here! 

האסט נאך וואס צו ליינען דא, צו געוואויר ווערן נייע חידושים....

Re: It's all in the name 30 Nov 2022 18:40 #388604

• chancy
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok, i take it all back. I thought he menat the other one....
I SINCERLY APOLOGIZE. Please forgive me for i have sinned. 
Please delete my posts that you have reposted. Ive deleted mine. i want no record of it....
Last Edit: 30 Nov 2022 18:41 by chancy.

Re: It's all in the name 30 Nov 2022 19:33 #388612

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
I know Yiddish and I still don’t know what komt means can someone please explain I’m like a stikel going crazy,what does it mean????? I’m soooo curious!!
btw I don’t like to type Yiddish on this forum cause many members don’t understand it so it’s not so nice like imagine in middle of a geshmakah thread and someone through s in a post in Spanish and a few guys reply in Spanish… I would be pretty mad.
Guys the only way were really gonna get help is with H’s help so we gotta beg him for help and he sure will help us cause he wants us helped!!
CRY TO HIM!!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/2-What-Works-for-Me/387630-Powerful!#387630

Feel free to pm me!
Last Edit: 30 Nov 2022 19:34 by geshmak!.

Re: It's all in the name 30 Nov 2022 19:39 #388613

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
Sapy wrote on 30 Nov 2022 18:27:

chancy wrote on 30 Nov 2022 18:18:

איך פארשטיי פיין אידיש און איך האב פארשטאנען וואס קומ''ט מיינט. איך האב נישט פארשטאנען פארוואס די געסט אזוינע טיטלען פאר דעם פיפל און עוכר ישראל

Hey! You still don't know enough.... Karl Marksz is one of our best GYE members here! 

האסט נאך וואס צו ליינען דא, צו געוואויר ווערן נייע חידושים....

I’m just curious…
But why would you take such a username? 

Does komt mean to come? Like we’re should they come to ( hope u don’t mean the other come.. like I’m just not chaping)
Guys the only way were really gonna get help is with H’s help so we gotta beg him for help and he sure will help us cause he wants us helped!!
CRY TO HIM!!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/2-What-Works-for-Me/387630-Powerful!#387630

Feel free to pm me!

Re: It's all in the name 30 Nov 2022 20:04 #388621

• teshuvahguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Isn’t it “Keep on Monster Truckin’”?

Re: It's all in the name 30 Nov 2022 21:24 #388631

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi there Dear Brothers! There are a whole bunch of things I want to share in my journal here, so although I sort of decided to only post once a day maybe today will be an exception. I know that most things I write are things that you all feel and know, I'm just writing the way I experience them. In yesterday's post I wrote about the feeling of my heart waking up after a long hibernation. It is so geshmak to just feel myself. This morning, as I was putting on my teffilin I remembered that when I was a bachur, I was probably 16-17 there was a long period of time that I cried every morning when I said the יהי רצון before teffilin that's printed in every siddur. I had terrible urges, and I just wanted to be good. I would cry to Hashem "the teffilin opposite my heart should subjugate my heart and it's desires to your service...and may the teffilin bring me to long life, may it bring upon me kedusha, with holy thoughts and no sinful thoughts...". I cried, I begged, I pleaded. I even created my own little nusach for that teffila. But then, somewhere along the way, that innocent little boy faded away. Of course I knew I should be better, but I didn't believe I ever will be better. I mean, for years I was trying, I made kabbalos, I didn't go there or look at that, and a little while later it was whamo! here we go again, slipping up.  I don't know at what point, but somewhere I emotionally disconnected. My heart went into a deep slumber. But over the past few days I feel my heart waking up. It's nowhere near to what it was, it still needs to get out of bed and drink a coffee, but at least I feel it. It has a pulse. And that feels amazing. This morning when I put on my Talis I imagined it to be Hashem's way of hugging me (thanks vehkam for the inspiration), I felt totally enveloped in His loving embrace. And when I put the teffilin strap around my finger 3 times, and I said the pesukim where Hashem talks to us, to me, to you, to every Yiddish neshama, "you are betrothed to me forever", FOREVER. No matter what you will do, no matter how sullied your Neshama may get, no matter where you'll be, you will still be mine, you will still be my beloved. "You are betrothed to me in faithfulness", oy, Hashem, halevai I was always faithful, forgive me for the infidelity! But Hashem, I will be faithful, I will keep on fighting, I hope to never fall again but if I will I will get up again, too. Hashem I feel your endless. eternal love for me. And as I put the strap on, like a ring that Hashem has given his kalla, you guys can all laugh but I imagined Hashem kissing me on my forehead. It felt so good to know that Hashem is proud to have me as His child. And I'm happy I sit in the back of the shul (even though I sit up front by dinners:)), so no one saw my tears. My dear brothers, I'm coming back. Thank you all for the inspiration you give just by being you...and sharing it
Last Edit: 30 Nov 2022 21:27 by eerie.

Re: It's all in the name 30 Nov 2022 21:28 #388632

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Emes-a-yid, your words warm my soul! You are a true brother, keep inspiring us all

Re: It's all in the name 30 Nov 2022 22:19 #388637

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Last Edit: 01 Dec 2022 23:27 by eerie.

Re: It's all in the name 30 Nov 2022 22:55 #388640

• sapy
  • Platinum Boarder
Okay guys let loose a bit... Geshmak, it stands for Keep On Monster Truckin', a GYE slang, that whoever will know on the world to come gets a straight ticket in Gan eiden, with a Woodford on the house. And if you wanna reply in Spanish go ahead I won't be offended. Chancy Marksz will gladly forgive you. I'm not worried.
Time to create page: 0.68 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes