Welcome, Guest

Make it to Yeshiva
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Make it to Yeshiva 98597 Views

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 03 Jan 2021 00:29 #360391

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Motzei Shabbos.
So in Yeshiva there’s not many options.
Option 1. Learn
Option 2. Play basketball in the freezing cold
Option 3. Eat
Option 4. Masterbate
Option 5. Internet stuff

So, I’m not in the mood to do option 1-3 and I don’t want to consider the other two as real options, though they remain that way for the time being, in my subconscious.

I should really go learn, it would be great I’m just really not in the mood. But the prob is that I’m only really in the mood to do issurim

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 03 Jan 2021 01:24 #360392

• BHYY
  • Current streak: 787 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 03 Jan 2021 00:29:
Motzei Shabbos.
So in Yeshiva there’s not many options.
Option 1. Learn
Option 2. Play basketball in the freezing cold
Option 3. Eat
Option 4. Masterbate
Option 5. Internet stuff

So, I’m not in the mood to do option 1-3 and I don’t want to consider the other two as real options, though they remain that way for the time being, in my subconscious.

I should really go learn, it would be great I’m just really not in the mood. But the prob is that I’m only really in the mood to do issurim

Motzei Shabbos is one of the hardest times...I'm with you. Maybe call a friend you haven't spoken to in a while? Do you like to read? I lose myself in books and that saves me oftentime. You can also try putting on some headphones and playing some Geshmak upbeat music and just chill with them on for a bit.
נאָך אַ שריפה ווערט מען רייַך - After a fire one becomes wealthy.

My email: bhyy@protonmail.com

My thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/349632-Hayom-Yom

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 03 Jan 2021 05:18 #360403

• lou
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 01 Jan 2021 19:56:

Lou wrote on 01 Jan 2021 07:37:
You really have beautiful writings. You should have some of them published. Maybe in a magazine or something. They are not too explicit for the public,but bring out all the good points.

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.
I have around 40 or so similar poems, I’d like to publish them some day.
I think it’s good and my friends do to, but u never know if others will appreciate it...
Nit sure how/where to publish. If to make a separate kuntres? Start a blog? Start sending them to Mishpocha magazine?

I am sure the magazines would be thrilled with it as 90% of poems come from females. It would show a new perspective.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 03 Jan 2021 05:36 #360405

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Lou wrote on 03 Jan 2021 05:18:

You really have beautiful writings. You should have some of them published. Maybe in a magazine or something. They are not too explicit for the public,but bring out all the good points.

I think it’s good and my friends do to, but u never know if others will appreciate it...
Nit sure how/where to publish. If to make a separate kuntres? Start a blog? Start sending them to Mishpocha magazine?

I am sure the magazines would be thrilled with it as 90% of poems come from females. It would show a new perspective.

U think I should be worried bout copyright?

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 03 Jan 2021 05:50 #360406

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
So I went out with a friend and who Bh wasn’t busy.
Got pizza and went bowling. 
Was abit hard though cuz the lane next to us had a few drunk guys and girls doing very inappropriate things.....................
I wish I could say I held back at looking, it was insane..

(The classic Yeshivish guy thing to say would be that these people were being disgusting and that Bh “v’hivdilanu min hato’im.”
But honestly, I was jealous. I know it’s sad that a Ben Melech felt jealous of peasants. But that’s how I felt. And I still kinda feel like that...)

But Bh got out my energy, ready to go to sleep and shteig bezras Hashem.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 03 Jan 2021 06:34 #360409

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow I’m still awake?!
I better get to sleep.
Gn fellas 

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 03 Jan 2021 12:19 #360419

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 03 Jan 2021 05:50:
So I went out with a friend and who Bh wasn’t busy.
Got pizza and went bowling. 
Was abit hard though cuz the lane next to us had a few drunk guys and girls doing very inappropriate things.....................
I wish I could say I held back at looking, it was insane..

(The classic Yeshivish guy thing to say would be that these people were being disgusting and that Bh “v’hivdilanu min hato’im.” While taking second and third glances when he thinks no one is looking (because they are also glued...)...
But honestly, I was jealous. I know it’s sad that a Ben Melech felt jealous of peasants. But that’s how I felt. And I still kinda feel like that...)

What exactly are you jealous of? I don't mean that as mussar or masgiachish, I mean it as a serous question.

Sometimes, when we are in the thick of things, we have a hard time thinking intellectually and act and think impulsively. This translates into not just issues of shmiras einayim but for us to actually think that we really want something that we actually despise. It's a trick that the Y"H has to get us to do/act/think etc. without using our intellect.

I am not saying that it's not a struggle, nor that it's not difficult to look away, what I am saying is to try to identify what exactly is it that you are jealous of.

Give it a name, is it freedom, or a life of pleasure, or whatever, then, when you figure out what is is that they have that you don't figure out if that is actually something that you want. 

Sorry if this doesn't speak to you, this is something that I am working through myself and I found this to be helpful. It's not meant to change the lust, it's to take it off our minds and to take away the false allure. Feel free to ignore me if you wish.

All the best,
Wlinevergiveup.
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com
Last Edit: 03 Jan 2021 12:22 by wilnevergiveup.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 03 Jan 2021 21:38 #360443

• lou
  • Platinum Boarder

(The classic Yeshivish guy thing to say would be that these people were being disgusting and that Bh “v’hivdilanu min hato’im.”

I can identify somewhat with this. Not so much with the jealousy,as much as wishing I can naturally be revolted by such lowlifes. However, I am not revolted and if anything I am attracted .BH,it doesn't go further than attraction,but I just wish I could naturally be disgusted by it.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 03 Jan 2021 21:40 #360444

• lou
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 03 Jan 2021 05:36:

What type of Copyright issue could there be?

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 04 Jan 2021 00:06 #360456

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Lou wrote on 03 Jan 2021 21:40:

YeshivaGuy wrote on 03 Jan 2021 05:36:

What type of Copyright issue could there be?

I probably used the wrong word.
Im saying, is there a concern of someone stealing my stuff and claiming ownership?

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 04 Jan 2021 02:52 #360474

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
I keep sleeping in etc...
Today I got out of bed at 2pm.
Why? I was awake earlier and I could’ve gone to shachris etc. so why?

Because I have a Yetzer Hara and I’ve been giving into this taiva.
The midda of Atzlus has taken hold in my life.

If I had a low self esteem etc then it wouldn’t bother me so much. But I really beleive in myself that I can become a Big Talmud Chacham and Oved HaShem.
And that’s what bothers me, that I’m not pushing harder. Not enough Mesirus Nefesh...

Every single time I attempt to get better to get back on track, I just fall back down.
So what’s the mahalach?

Lechora, to keep going forward. Idk...
Last Edit: 04 Jan 2021 02:53 by yeshivaguy.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 04 Jan 2021 04:35 #360483

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder

Current streak: 119 days

Ad Meah V’Esrim, ODAAT!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 04 Jan 2021 05:06 #360488

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 04 Jan 2021 02:52:

If I had a low self esteem etc then it wouldn’t bother me so much. But I really beleive in myself that I can become a Big Talmud Chacham and Oved HaShem.
And that’s what bothers me, that I’m not pushing harder. Not enough Mesirus Nefesh...

Every single time I attempt to get better to get back on track, I just fall back down.
So what’s the mahalach?

You know your place, you know where you wanna go....half the problem solved!
Now let's start putting the rest of the peices together!

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 04 Jan 2021 05:15 #360491

• lou
  • Platinum Boarder

So what’s the mahalach?

I have noticed over the years,that sometimes when I was doing particularly well regarding the Shmiras Einayim etc issues,other areas such as Davening with Kavana or getting angry would be shvach. The Yetzer Harah knows who it is worth fighting with. He sees he is losing one battle,so he attacks from the other side. Just keep showing him that you are in charge,not him!
Chazak vematz!

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 04 Jan 2021 05:39 #360493

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder

So what’s the mahalach?

Not to get into a whole debate here but low self esteem is exactly that. people with low self esteem usually have master plans for their future and believe they have potential but feel like they are not worthy in the moment. Trust me, this is my life, I feel like I really can learn well, I imagine myself handeling with my Rosh Yeshiva, yet I never actually do, because I think I will be "found out" that I am really not as good as he thought I was etc. For some reason, in the moment we forget all the grand plans we had for ourselves.

It's hard to say what the eitzah is as it can vary but there are two mehalchim depending on where you find yourself. 

I once heard from a rebbe of mine that when struggling to find cheshek (for someone who usually has it) do the motions that you would normally do and don't beat yourself up if you don't learn or daven the way you are supposed to. Try to just show up and be proud of just showing up and doing the motions and it will iy"H pass. This can be called mesiras nefesh if you want but the point is not to go totally against your will, rather to prevent it from getting worse while at the same time holding on to the potential to getting back into it.

The other mehalech (they can be done at the same time) is not to overthink things. A different Rebbe once told me that in yeshiva, when you want to do something and are start second guessing yourself, just do what came to your mind first and be confident. Don't think too much just do it and move on. This helps you not overthink everything. 

As long as you are still in yeshiva, you can be confident that if you just go with the flow you will end up in a pretty good place (not to minimize trying harder but you know that you are in good hands). You don't have to think too much, just go with the flow and you will shteig. My Rosh Yeshivah always tells me "Ploiny, you have to stop thinking!"

So to sum it up, yes the mehalech is to keep moving forward, it seems like you figured this out yourself already but just make sure not to much, go with the flow and IY"H things will fall into place.

P.S. This is the story of my life (I wrote about it on my thread and a few other places) life has it's ups and downs, bit the bigger the challenge the bigger the thrill. It's like surfing, the only fun part is the wave, the bigger the wave the bigger the thrill. 

Ride them waves!
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes