Welcome, Guest

Make it to Yeshiva
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Make it to Yeshiva 98623 Views

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 06 Oct 2020 12:52 #355802

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Captain wrote on 06 Oct 2020 12:51:
Well, obviously the yetzer hara is always truthful and correct.

My kinda guy
Its just a strong voice in my mind right now, I feel debilitated, even though I didn’t actually do much wrong

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 06 Oct 2020 12:57 #355803

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
If my opinion holds any weight, (against the Y"H you never know) I think as much as you are going through, you have a lot going for you as well. You are extremely lucky to have a father who looks out for you and you have all the chevra here too.

That Y"H of yours ain't your friend, as you said he want's to prove that you are weak, but we all know already that your strong as ever. 

You should probably tell him that he will never prove you to be weak to us, because we know the truth and that is that you are as strong as steel.

I guess the truth freaks him out...

Keep fighting and you will be the winner. 

I look to you for inspiration, you give me no excuses.  

A gut moed
Wilnevergiveup
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 06 Oct 2020 13:01 #355804

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
wilnevergiveup wrote on 06 Oct 2020 12:57:
If my opinion holds any weight, (against the Y"H you never know) I think as much as you are going through, you have a lot going for you as well. You are extremely lucky to have a father who looks out for you and you have all the chevra here too.

That Y"H of yours ain't your friend, as you said he want's to prove that you are weak, but we all know already that your strong as ever. 

You should probably tell him that he will never prove you to be weak to us, because we know the truth and that is that you are as strong as steel.

A gut moed
Wilnevergiveup

Thank you.
Its just that, it feels like I would’ve been nichshal last night if not for that convo a few months ago where I told my dad to look out for me... (still can’t believe I had the guts to tell him that)
So I feel week cuz otherwise would’ve given in.
Plus, i just feel immature, like I needed someone else to step in.

Or maybe I’m just human...
Last Edit: 06 Oct 2020 13:03 by yeshivaguy.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 06 Oct 2020 13:19 #355806

• grant400
  • Current streak: 24 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote:
Thank you.
Its just that, it feels like I would’ve been nichshal last night if not for that convo a few months ago where I told my dad to look out for me... (still can’t believe I had the guts to tell him that)

I actually pay hundreds of dollars a year to a company to lock me out of inappropriate content on all my devices. Without them I would be nichshal. Does that make me weak and immature -or- strong and mature for actually facing my weakness and preparing for a bad day? You had the strength to tell your father what you told him, because you knew that during a rough day you will need his assistance. B"H it paid beautiful dividends! 

I vote strength. 

I vote maturity. 

I vote you.

Grant

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 06 Oct 2020 13:42 #355807

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow this is an incredible thread. I strongly agree with the amazing points made here.

It's amazing that you were be able to identify these thoughts as coming from the Yetzer Hara. So you probably already know this. But it's the Yetzer Hara's plan with an end game, which is to make you feel weak and unmotivated so the next time you will give in. It's so important that you fight this and say that he's wrong and be convinced about it. 

I can't recommend more that you read Appendix A from the Battle of the Generation (guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation). It provides such clear guidance for how to overcome this and show yourself that the Yetzer Hara is lying to you. As usual.
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 06 Oct 2020 13:51 #355808

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Captain wrote on 06 Oct 2020 13:42:
It's so important that you fight this and say that he's wrong and be convinced about it. 

Thanks, workin on that... Hard to fight these negative thoughts though...
Bezras HaShem I’ll check out the link
Thanks buddy

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 06 Oct 2020 14:18 #355811

• dave m
  • Current streak: 363 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 06 Oct 2020 13:01:
Thank you.

As an objective third party here, the way I'm reading the scenario is that Hashem loves you so much that He's finding different creative way to protect you from giving in.  You are so blessed to have this open relationship with your father.  Maybe start a short daily mussur seder with him focusing on shemriras einayim?  Crazy idea, or not so crazy.....

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 06 Oct 2020 15:26 #355813

• wilnevergiveup
  • Platinum Boarder

wilnevergiveup wrote on 06 Oct 2020 12:57:

A gut moed
Wilnevergiveup

Thank you.

That means that Hashem is really looking after you!

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 06 Oct 2020 15:32 #355814

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Dave M wrote on 06 Oct 2020 14:18:

As an objective third party here, the way I'm reading the scenario is that Hashem loves you so much that He's finding different creative way to protect you from giving in.  You are so blessed to have this open relationship with your father.  Maybe start a short daily mussur seder with him focusing on shemriras einayim?  Crazy idea, or not so crazy.....

Shkoyach thanks.
Ya that idea’s a bit much for me but thanks

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 06 Oct 2020 16:50 #355817

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Baruch HaShem the sewage has been cleaned!

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 06 Oct 2020 18:36 #355820

• wilnevergiveup
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 06 Oct 2020 16:50:

Do you make asher yatzar now?

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 06 Oct 2020 18:40 #355821

YeshivaGuy wrote on 06 Oct 2020 16:50:

Shame, you didn't get to reenact the famous story between R' Zushe and the Noam Elimelech where they danced around the toilet because they fulfilled ratzon Hashem even though they couldn't learn...

Keep on smashing it. Ego says I got this, but maturity says I need help. You aren't alone. You have your dad. You have us. And you have Hashem. That isn't weakness, Its your greatest strength. 

יהי רצון שהדברים לתועלת

Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
We all make choices in life, but in the end, our choices make us.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 06 Oct 2020 19:26 #355824

• wilnevergiveup
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you.

I went through a similar situation recently (you can even check out my post about it here). 
Here was a beautiful response from @snowflake.
Snowflake wrote on 30 Jun 2020 13:42:
I speak for myself as an addict, I think we will always have these "close call" moments where mamash Hashem saves us from ourselves. I think if we are doing everything in our power to stop this Hashem "fills in the blanks" for us.
Of course we must always up our defenses, but I think there's always that what you mentioned. For me it has been really helping doing exactly what you mentioned, davening to Hashem that I should have a clean day. 
Congratulations on your progress! Please keep inspiring us!!

You need to do your best but all in all you should see how much Hashem loves you and is looking out for you to succeed.

All the best.

Last Edit: 06 Oct 2020 19:30 by wilnevergiveup.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 06 Oct 2020 19:40 #355825

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok folks,

Time for the next nisayon in my journey through the פרוזדור.

Im allowed back in the house!
After 12 days in the RV isolated and 4 days with backed up sewage, I’m back bh in civilization.

Bad news is that there’s internet devices everywhere...
So in some ways will be harder here...
12 days here at home until returning to Yeshiva.
Will I survive?
Only with the help of u guys, my dearest and truest chaveirim.

I must not give an inch.
Not an inch.
I-my Seichel, my Neshama, is in control.
Tov shall rule Rah.
Through סור מרע and עשה טוב.
I’m here for the win.

My Neshama shall not have descended to this world in vain.

״שום תשים עליך מלך״

Honestly, it’s scary, but I know I’m not alone.

Get excited buddies for some more Kavod Shamayim!
Last Edit: 06 Oct 2020 20:09 by yeshivaguy.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 06 Oct 2020 23:00 #355829

• oivedelokim
  • Current streak: 63 days
  • Platinum Boarder
כל המקיים את התורה מעוני סופו לקיימה מעושר...
Sounds like you have the right attitude to make through the next two weeks. Do you have a plan to mitigate the risk? Like a kabbala to not use any of the unfiltered devices unless certain conditions are met or something like that?
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

If you are reading this-you have a friend in me.
Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).
(For the background and meaning of my username- see Tanya chapter 15).

My current thread 
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes