Welcome, Guest

Make it to Yeshiva
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Make it to Yeshiva 103928 Views

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 07 May 2023 23:26 #395450

• frank.lee
  • Current streak: 366 days
  • Platinum Boarder
So well spoken! Did you ever speak to HHM or some other great persons here?

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 08 May 2023 14:49 #395464

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
frank.lee wrote on 07 May 2023 23:26:
So well spoken! Did you ever speak to HHM or some other great persons here?

Thanks and yes

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 08 May 2023 22:29 #395480

• eyes
  • Current streak: 137 days
  • Platinum Boarder
mate just dance, its lag b'omer reb shimon is looking after you.

May G-D bless you

We know what you are going through 

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 25 May 2023 03:27 #396195

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Gutten Erev Shavuos, I will share with the chevra an excerpt from a poem I’ve written which I think conveys a lot of my journey as of late:

”Did you see a soul
When you looked into my eyes
Or perhaps my cup
Where I keep my lies

All the inner conflict
Pulling me within
Were you made uncomfortable 
When I let you in?

Or can you see the light
When light is only dim
When goblets overflow
Will you sink or swim

Together- through an ocean
Where the light is dim
Do you trust the strength
You have found within

If you come in peace
If you come in love
Show me what you have
Received from up above

Hope and understanding
Empathy and Name
Please do enter carefuly
I Am Not A Game

You opened the window
Windows to my soul
Do you come in peace
Or just to make a hole?”

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 31 May 2023 04:15 #396550

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Doing well Baruch HaShem.
And I’m also 2 days clean Baruch Hashem.

Have a gn,

YeshivaGuy

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 11 Jun 2023 22:06 #397327

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Was bout to be nichshal but masterbated instead of watching though saw a second.

Will take as a win and will try not to feel terrible going into tomorrow.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 21 Jun 2023 08:19 #397871

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Was doing very well in every way.
  • Accepted Head Camp Counselor job.
  • Director wasn’t happy I had no WhatsApp (kosher phone).
  • So in the last week I switched back and has been disaster even with filter.
  • Just messaged my Co Head to let him know I can only do this job if he’s ok with me not having smartphone/WhatsApp cuz I’ve been dying in Shmiras Eynayim and whether it’s cuz I’m a parutz or a tzadik so bigger taiva doesn’t matter. L’maaseh I won’t have it and he needs to be ok with that or I’m quitting.
  • Will see response in the AM. He’s a good friend, won’t be a prob just will be a shlep and Director will be upset but who cares.

• Also, I will be calling someone to turn down an offer to make a substantial amount of money (obscene given the minuscule amount of hours) this coming year  because I thinkKNOW it’s bad for my Avodas Hashem.
  • Many people, in my family, connections, and some who I look up to, say I should do it and will be upset with me but I’m making the right decision. I know I’m being very vague and ambiguous and it’s on purpose.

It’s very easy, sweet, and nice to say you care about things like Torah Learning, Kedusha, etc.
It’s heart warming to go on some anonymous website, get Thank You’s and exchange nice words.
But you gotta actually look yourself in the mirror and sacrifice.
Be laughed at and mocked for that which you claim to care so much about.
Stop compromising on who you wanna be, who you’d like to be, because of societies demented pressures, expectations, and whims.
Stop crying like a baby about how hard change is and get it done.
No. Matter. The. Cost. 

And with that, at this late hour, having sinned so much these last few days, I wish you a good night.

YeshivaGuy
And That Will Always Be My Name.
Last Edit: 21 Jun 2023 08:37 by yeshivaguy.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 21 Jun 2023 11:21 #397872

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • Platinum Boarder
This heroic post should be sent to every camp director and everyone else in staff hiring positions. You BH had the gevura to stick to your guns. How many guys are going to capitulate and cry into their pillows every night this summer?! In the zchus of your putting yourself out like that, may Hashem answer your many tefillos!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 21 Jun 2023 13:52 #397884

• eccentriccomposer
  • Current streak: 299 days
  • Gold Boarder
Incredible, no other words.
I am not active on the forums anymore so much, but I check my email daily, please reach out to me!

Feel free to message me if you need anything, I'll try to respond as soon as I can. I hope I can help!

Email: eccentriccomposer01@gmail.com

Eccentric Trip to Freedom
Daily Dose

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 21 Jun 2023 14:04 #397886

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 517 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 21 Jun 2023 08:19:

• Just messaged my Co Head to let him know I can only do this job if he’s ok with me not having smartphone/WhatsApp cuz I’ve been dying in Shmiras Eynayim and whether it’s cuz I’m a parutz or a tzadik so bigger taiva doesn’t matter. L’maaseh I won’t have it and he needs to be ok with that or I’m quitting.
  • Will see response in the AM. He’s a good friend, won’t be a prob just will be a shlep and Director will be upset but who cares.

• Also, I will be calling someone to turn down an offer to make a substantial amount of money (obscene given the minuscule amount of hours) this coming year  because I thinkKNOW it’s bad for my Avodas Hashem.
  • Many people, in my family, connections, and some who I look up to, say I should do it and will be upset with me but I’m making the right decision. I know I’m being very vague and ambiguous and it’s on purpose.

It’s very easy, sweet, and nice to say you care about things like Torah Learning, Kedusha, etc.
It’s heart warming to go on some anonymous website, get Thank You’s and exchange nice words.
Stop compromising on who you wanna be, who you’d like to be, because of societies demented pressures, expectations, and whims.
No. Matter. The. Cost. 

And with that, at this late hour, having sinned so much these last few days, I wish you a good night.

YeshivaGuy

HAshem should see what you were willing to sacrifice for him and repay you Kefel Kiflayim. You are a HERO
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

The Red Face

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 21 Jun 2023 14:53 #397891

• ki sorisa
  • Junior Boarder
wow

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 21 Jun 2023 16:17 #397897

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Today's headline:
YeshivaGuy make real Kiddush Hashem! 

Keep it up tzadik!
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 21 Jun 2023 17:23 #397903

• horizon
  • Gold Boarder
so beautiful.
thank you for inspiring

טאטע טאטע טאטע איך וויל זיין, יא איך וויל זיין, א ירא שמים

my forum

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 21 Jun 2023 22:40 #397910

YeshivaGuy wrote on 21 Jun 2023 08:19:

No. Matter. The. Cost. 

YeshivaGuy

Great choices

When I first got married I turned down a job with about 150k salary at an e-commerce company selling women’s clothes (not the top layers). Was a great choice.

Now own  my business and still don’t use WhatsApp even for business. You’ll be a better worker without it. 

Consider the following
smart person - stupid phone
 stupid person - smart phone

we tend to complicate things too much. Speaking from experience. 
Hi, my name is ILH and I’m a Sexaholic. Easy does it... I don't need to be perfect. 
If you figured out my identity, don't be shy, come say hi! 
It takes tons of courage to fight the good fight, but we don't have to do it all alone. 
My Story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/385922-My-Story-Being-Honest-For-Once

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 22 Jun 2023 01:56 #397921

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeshiva Guy, you are the definition of a true fighter!
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes