Welcome, Guest

Welcome me :)
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Welcome me :) 36696 Views

Re: Welcome me :) 16 Feb 2018 08:41 #327036

• ieeyc
  • Banned
  • Soaring to Har Sinai on the wings of an eagle!
hi ,im sorry to hear about your fall,but believe me when i tell you that youve been a real inspiration to me and all of us ! im sure that youll be back in no time! even if 30 days is not 90 days but 30 days is great ! it happens to be that the number 30 is the number that breaks a habit ,dont remember where i saw it, dont worry if you were only 29 going on 30 , 29 is also great!after a fall i find the first 3 days are difficult but once you hit 4 or 5 days the numbers start adding up ,unfortunatly i just had a fall but im getting up and im not letting the yetzer get me down ,that just brings me to more falls .hatzlacha !

לב  טהור   ברא   לי   אלקים , ורוח  נכון    חדש  בקרבי

to all my friends who heeded my request  to be so generous and give me a negative karma  for the sake of me acquiring       
                                                . humility ,i humbly  thank you                                                                                                 

Re: Welcome me :) 16 Feb 2018 11:35 #327042

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Hakol, sorry to hear about your fall. A few points. Maybe start to address the trigger, not the acting out. You wrote very wisely that the real fall was when you allowed the depressed feelings earlier that day spiral out of control. When we recognize our triggers we have to accept responsibility how we react to them. I would love to tell you that you will never feel down again. Unfortunately that is not realistic. But how about writing up a contract with yourself that being that you recognize feeling low as a trigger you accept upon yourself that whenever you feel down you will exercise, call a friend, leave the room and go for a walk, or whatever else works for you. This way you kill the trigger before the urge to act out ever starts. This commitment has helped many chevra retrain themselves to teach their minds and bodies healthy and kosher ways to release stress, relieve boredom and lonesliness, etc, and move away from the old "drug". Secondly, please celebrate your 30 days. They are yours forever. What an incredible accomplishment. So many people wish to taste that level of success. You obviously worked hard to get there. Be proud, shake off the dust and get back on the trail. The mountain with its fresh air and scenic views from on top are waiting for you. 
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Welcome me :) 16 Feb 2018 21:25 #327067

• HakolMilimala
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks so much to everyone that responded to me last night/this morning. It’s been a little rough. Once I fell once, all the accountability of GYE and therapy fell apart because either way I had fell so what difference does it make if I fall one more time. This morning I learnt with my chavrusa and I literally sat there for 3 hours learning while in the back of my mind there was this person that was just waiting for the end of Seder when I would go and fall again, who I gently pushed away. So I fell again.. and hopefully that’s the rock bottom for this relapse.
The person who manages my filter is not around and I really need him to change one thing that will block the way I got my fix over the past day.
He should be back Sunday. Pray for me until then!

Thank you lifebound ieeyc and Hashem help me for the awesome encouragement.

Hhm, it’s funny because since I’ve been working with a therapist I’m aware of the triggers, and even as I was being triggered I was fully aware what was happening, as evident by my first post yesterday. I found it very hard to break out of that mood that was triggering me. It was like tunnel vision, and the trigger was telling me to continue to be triggered and not change something. Maybe that “contract” would help.
Last Edit: 16 Feb 2018 21:26 by HakolMilimala.

Re: Welcome me :) 19 Feb 2018 00:08 #327120

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
The contract will iyh help, but be proud of your honesty and staying focused. Did the filter get fixed?
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Welcome me :) 19 Feb 2018 00:19 #327122

• HakolMilimala
  • Expert Boarder
Yes bh. I fell again last night. The thought of this is your last chance before you’re going to lock up this access was very strong and I gave in, but this morning this guy came back and first thing I got it locked up. 
And imyh now I’m starting to truck again.
Its scary though to use a device that has so much potential for another small doorway to open. Now I truly believe I have blocked every single doorway besides one way I can get very limited access that I don’t know how to block, which bh hasn’t been an issue. But ya know more importantly I have to focus on my emotional health. Because if I’m happy, it’s all good. If I’m not, somehow somewhere I’ll find a doorway to escape.
Which is where the plan for a bad day comes in... still working on it

Re: Welcome me :) 19 Feb 2018 00:21 #327123

• HakolMilimala
  • Expert Boarder
who is the resident techie around here?
i have a question about blocking up certain access that I’d like to ask someone privately.
i don’t want to post it on the forums and potentially give anyone else any good (bad) ideas

Re: Welcome me :) 19 Feb 2018 00:29 #327124

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
HakolMilimala wrote on 19 Feb 2018 00:21:
i have a question about blocking up certain access that I’d like to ask someone privately.
i don’t want to post it on the forums and potentially give anyone else any good (bad) ideas

You can ask LionKing
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Welcome me :) 19 Feb 2018 00:35 #327125

Hi hakol feel free to reach out at my Google voice number 7329034789 or email me jakecoulddoit@gmail.com i might be able to help

Love Yankel 
Important quote from Cordnoy
"The need is a perceived one. There has not been one reported case on these pages of a death occurrin' on account of not fulfillin' that need

“I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.” 

"My recovery must come first so that everything I love in life doesn’t have to come last."

Feel free to reach out yd@guardyoureyes.org
732-646-5774

My Story

Yankel's Daily Inspirational Quotes

Re: Welcome me :) 19 Feb 2018 02:01 #327129

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 19 Feb 2018 00:29:

You can ask LionKing

Markz, Thanks for the mention. I thought I retired already. 
HakolMilimala, I can try to assist you B"H. You can private chat me or email me at growinghigher613@gmail.com.
Hatzlocha Rabba!
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: Welcome me :) 19 Feb 2018 02:42 #327130

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
lionking wrote on 19 Feb 2018 02:01:

You can ask LionKing

HakolMilimala, I can try to assist you B"H. You can private chat me or email me at growinghigher613@gmail.com.
Hatzlocha Rabba!

Techies can only retire tech-nically, and you missed the meeting today with workingguy at the local park bench. You should've been there. It was a heated chat but we were not smoking pot, sorry to disappoint you
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Welcome me :) 19 Feb 2018 03:01 #327131

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 19 Feb 2018 02:42:

Techies can only retire tech-nically, and you missed the meeting today with workingguy at the local park bench. You should've been there. It was a heated chat but we were not smoking pot, sorry to disappoint you

You didn't disappoint me. I am very happy for you. Hopefully it was a productive meeting. 
I really need a major reboot!
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: Welcome me :) 19 Feb 2018 03:19 #327132

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
The other hakol, sorry to hear about your fall.

Was listening to Dov talk today regarding why we lose steam after x amount of days.

If you think it will be helpful, here is the link http://guardyoureyes.com/GYEFiles/MP3s/Dov/Dov's%20Recovery%20Talks/Why%20do%20I%20start%20off%20strong%20and%20then%20loose%20steam.mp3

Hatzlacha
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: Welcome me :) 19 Feb 2018 05:22 #327138

• HakolMilimala
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks that’s an important topic for me.
gonna check that one out

Re: Welcome me :) 19 Feb 2018 15:59 #327148

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 19 Feb 2018 02:42:

lionking wrote on 19 Feb 2018 02:01:

You can ask LionKing

Hatzlocha Rabba!

I was there too (obviously); there were quite a few park benches so there was definitely room for all of us. We spent half the time on the bench and half the time walking, so our meeting wasn’t 12 but maybe a few thousand steps. 

Re: Welcome me :) 26 Feb 2018 05:28 #327510

• HakolMilimala
  • Expert Boarder
Hakolhevel wrote on 19 Feb 2018 03:19:
The other hakol, sorry to hear about your fall.

Was listening to Dov talk today regarding why we lose steam after x amount of days.

If you think it will be helpful, here is the link http://guardyoureyes.com/GYEFiles/MP3s/Dov/Dov's%20Recovery%20Talks/Why%20do%20I%20start%20off%20strong%20and%20then%20loose%20steam.mp3

Hatzlacha

Thanks so much. That was a fantastic talk.
I have to confess, I often have a know-it-all attitude and am skeptical what more I can learn,
but just from that one talk from dov I learnt a few great things. Good stuff
Time to create page: 0.77 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes