Welcome, Guest

MY PATH TO SANITY
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: MY PATH TO SANITY 77524 Views

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 16 Jun 2024 22:17 #415189

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
eerie wrote on 16 Jun 2024 20:37:
Hi!
It's always nice to hear from you, and from all the others. Happy to hear that your vigilance on the street worked out, BH! I hope you appreciate the greatness of doing that
I'm sorry that the fantasies kept coming. Have you tried urge surfing? Have you tried distracting yourself? Well, I'm sure your wondering how you can distract yourself when you're laying in bed. I'll give you one idea: What would you do if you won the lottery and had a windfall of $200 milllion? The possibilities are endless, how many mosdos you'll build, what type of new way of helping klal Yisroel can you come up with?

My friend, may we all be zoche to only good!
Keep trucking, and keep us posted!

I appreciate your continued support and confidence in me. I know how to distract myself and usually do a decent job.

I am going to try to explain a little without being too explicit.
I am going through a little of a challenging situation now. I can be standing in middle of Shemonah Esra and be hit with such a wave of arousal with the physical symptoms of being aroused. I don't even know if I am allowed to daven in such a state. I usually pause and focus on the brocho I am holding at, until the urge passes.

I fall asleep at night, only to wake up a short while later with such an intense urge. I generally end up distracting myself enough to be able to go back to sleep. Sometimes this repeats itself multiple times a night.

I know it is a situation I am going through now and I can overcome this but I needed support which is why I started posting again.

Thanks for the PM. I gave up dreaming about winning the lottery, sometimes I dream of somehow making ends meet!
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 17 Jun 2024 01:06 #415205

• Muttel
  • Current streak: 142 days
  • Platinum Boarder
lionking wrote on 16 Jun 2024 22:17:

Thanks for the PM. I gave up dreaming about winning the lottery, sometimes I dream of somehow making ends meet!

With me, all forms of distractions do wonders; so even dreaming about making ends meet - how much $ do I need - what ways can I cut spending - what cheaper foods can we eat. These are all ways of distracting our thoughts from .,....

KOMT!!!!!!!
Muttel
We're in this struggle together; feel free to reach out! 
Muttel15@gmail.com

Feel free to call/text! (908) 251-9590 (google)

Check out my thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/413043-My-ENTIRE-story#413043

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 15 Sep 2024 14:51 #421531

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
I haven't posted in a while. I just wanted to share a thought which I am working on now. B"H it is very helpful for me and I think it might help others as well.

I've been around the block for over 20 years. Yes I had a lot of good periods during those years and unfortunately a lot of setbacks as well.

I remember an older generation which had such a pashdus to them. Their תמימות was steadfast with such a תמידות.Reb Elimelech Biderman repeats alot of times from the elders of Yerushlaim,
דער וועלט זאגט "טראכט גיט וועט זיין גיט", אין ירושלים זאגט מען "טראכט גארנישט וועט זיין בעסער".
I am not thinking about the thousands of times which I have masturbated, or the thousands of times which I have looked at something improper, nor am I worrying about the future if I will be successful in staying clean. All that is irrelevant, what's important is the now. What does Hashem want me to do at this moment? Will I be successful at staying clean this coming year? I don't know, and at the moment I honestly don't care. Can I look away this second when faced with a nisoiyon? Yes I can look away for one second, and that's what is important to focus on now.

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 17 Sep 2024 02:56 #421658

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Today's Vayimean is very inspiring.

Vayimaen: My Goal for Today | Rabbi Naftali Horowitz
records.jewishpodcasts.fm/protected/1582/1726449337909.mp3?show_id=619&episode_id=86621
Last Edit: 17 Sep 2024 02:58 by lionking.

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 17 Sep 2024 03:19 #421659

• oivedelokim
  • Current streak: 102 days
  • Platinum Boarder
lionking wrote on 15 Sep 2024 14:51:
I haven't posted in a while. I just wanted to share a thought which I am working on now. B"H it is very helpful for me and I think it might help others as well.

I've been around the block for over 20 years. Yes I had a lot of good periods during those years and unfortunately a lot of setbacks as well.

I remember an older generation which had such a pashdus to them. Their תמימות was steadfast with such a תמידות.Reb Elimelech Biderman repeats alot of times from the elders of Yerushlaim,
דער וועלט זאגט "טראכט גיט וועט זיין גיט", אין ירושלים זאגט מען "טראכט גארנישט וועט זיין בעסער".
I am not thinking about the thousands of times which I have masturbated, or the thousands of times which I have looked at something improper, nor am I worrying about the future if I will be successful in staying clean. All that is irrelevant, what's important is the now. What does Hashem want me to do at this moment? Will I be successful at staying clean this coming year? I don't know, and at the moment I honestly don't care. Can I look away this second when faced with a nisoiyon? Yes I can look away for one second, and that's what is important to focus on now.

With all due respect to Reb Meilich: 

There is no such thing as thinking nothing. You either think thoughts G-d wants you to think or you rebel against him in your mind.
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

If you are reading this-you have a friend in me.
Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).
(For the background and meaning of my username- see Tanya chapter 15).

My current thread 

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 17 Sep 2024 11:09 #421676

• upanddown
  • Current streak: 140 days
  • Expert Boarder
oivedelokim wrote on 17 Sep 2024 03:19:

lionking wrote on 15 Sep 2024 14:51:

With all due respect to Reb Meilich: 

There is no such thing as thinking nothing. You either think thoughts G-d wants you to think or you rebel against him in your mind.

Reb Meilich isn't talking about not thinking anything at all. As you say, a person's brain is constantly thinking, either good thoughts or bad thoughts.
He's referring to a persons worries. You have something on your mind. You're worried about the future. So Reb Meilich is saying, rather than trying to think hopeful and positive thoughts, it's even better not to think anything at all and just leave it to Hashem! 
As they say: העבר אין והעתיד עדיין וההווה כהרף עין דאגה מנין. 
As lionking says, living in the moment is really the only way to manage overcome urges, otherwise one can easily fall into despair...
Amazing chizzuk, thanks!
My favourite resources:
1. "Zos Brisi". A Likut of fantastic Mareh Mekomos and Chizukim. hebrewbooks.org/56572
Message me privately if you'd like me to send you a sharp PDF version of it.
2. "Sha'arei Gedula". An inspiring & 'down to earth' Sefer. hebrewbooks.org/48344
3. "The Battle of the Generation". guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation

Every stage in life comes with new challenges, see my threads: Emunah struggles, Celebrating a fall, I'm fed up(my main thread), I'm drowning, Tips for Shmiras Einayim

Re: MY PATH TO SANITY 17 Sep 2024 17:50 #421725

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks upanddown for the Peirish. That's exactly how understood it as well. 

@OivedElokim Thanks for stopping by and reading my post, and Mazel Tov on your engagement. May you be zoche to build a Beias Neiman B'Yisroel and only have an abundance of good in your life.

Just to clarify, it is not easy work to not worry. I am struggling immensely. I have a lot of stressors now and it is very difficult not to worry.
However in the past, my struggle was not to pacify my worries with acting out.
I B"H shifted that struggle. Now my struggle is to surrender those worries to Hashem and let him lead me on the path he chose for me.

Constantly striving for complete sanity.
Time to create page: 0.52 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes