Welcome, Guest

Hello everyone!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Hello everyone! 25057 Views

Re: Hello everyone! 30 Oct 2016 00:50 #297006

• YidFromMonsey
  • Current streak: 1653 days
  • Gold Boarder
Moudmack wrote on 29 Oct 2016 23:50:

YidFromMonsey wrote on 29 Oct 2016 23:24:
....And we made it to 50 B"H!!!!

Mazal tov

IYH by all of us of simchas!
You're better than yesterday but not as good as you're gonna be tomorrow. - Harvey

Hello Everyone!

yfm10952@gmail.com

Re: Hello everyone! 30 Oct 2016 00:55 #297007

• teshuvahguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Great news!!!

Re: Hello everyone! 31 Oct 2016 01:25 #297055

R' YidFromMonsey , first of all a belated welcome to GYE ! 
Second , I relate very much to your experience that the frum women on the street are a bigger nisayon than the billboards in Manhattan . What is your strategy to not look ? No filter helps for that . . . 
Feel free to email me at BenTorah.BaalHabayis@gmail.com

1 day may be too long for me, but I take it OWAAT = One wave at a time, cause the lust comes and goes like a wave which rises and crashes.

Re: Hello everyone! 31 Oct 2016 01:43 #297057

• YidFromMonsey
  • Gold Boarder
BenTorah.BaalHabayis wrote on 31 Oct 2016 01:25:
R' YidFromMonsey , first of all a belated welcome to GYE ! 
Second , I relate very much to your experience that the frum women on the street are a bigger nisayon than the billboards in Manhattan . What is your strategy to not look ? No filter helps for that . . . 

Thanks BT.BH,

my strategy consists of davening and trying to avoid streets and stores as much as possible, it not aways is possible to avoid so I just talk a lot to hashem, not only during davening but also throughout the day.

With all that said, some days the fight is brutal and I don't always succeed in not looking....
You're better than yesterday but not as good as you're gonna be tomorrow. - Harvey

Hello Everyone!

yfm10952@gmail.com

Re: Hello everyone! 31 Oct 2016 17:16 #297083

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
Thank YFM for your shares and mazel tov for your 52 days. May you be zoche one day at a time to many many more days.

Thank you
I currently attend live SA meetings. Feel free to reach out to me.

Re: Hello everyone! 31 Oct 2016 19:14 #297091

• YidFromMonsey
  • Gold Boarder
Feeling like a complete sick idiot today!

Hello Everyone!

yfm10952@gmail.com

Re: Hello everyone! 31 Oct 2016 22:46 #297098

• Eyeglasses
  • Expert Boarder
omg

Re: Hello everyone! 31 Oct 2016 23:44 #297101

• YidFromMonsey
  • Gold Boarder

Hello Everyone!

yfm10952@gmail.com

Re: Hello everyone! 01 Nov 2016 09:01 #297125

• jewishfiltergeek
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Expert Boarder
YidFromMonsey wrote on 28 Oct 2016 19:39:
Today is day 49, still clean bh but mood sucks, this constant battle is just some days harder than others, wish I could figure out what drives it.

git shabbos dear brothers

Shulem Aleichim Reb Yid,

Congratulations on your clean streak, keep it up B'Hatzlocho! You can figure out what drives it by keeping a log of your day especially when you feel a struggle. I identified my triggers but still don't have a solution to remove what drives it, or the root of the problem as people call it. Everyone is different, but my triggers are: Stress, work related and raising B"H Family with tight finances. Feelings of overwhelmness, low self esteem, feeling like a failure even if I know it's not true. Probably mild depression too. I don't have solutions for my triggers, but I try to channel myself in positive ways, like actively looking for the good Hashem does to me and the world. Thinking about other people (No not about objectiving woman!) Thinking about how I need to appreciate Hashem that I have a wife when others don't, I have healthy kids B"H, while sadly others don't, I have a Job while others I know don't, etc...
Identifying your triggers can help you be aware that Warning, Slippery road ahead, and take a different street.
Hatzlucha Rabba! 
P.s. I once thought moving to Monsey would be my solution, I see it's universal!

Re: Hello everyone! 01 Nov 2016 09:23 #297126

• jewishfiltergeek
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Expert Boarder
Sorry just read through the entire thread. I can relate to what you are saying about heimishe woman being more of a problem. I think it's because in the back of our head we know that the woman in Manhattan is totally not for us, while we think of the jewish woman as being available. It's called rationalisation.
I know I'll probably get flagged for the above, but I think it's true. For example how many people do you know that lust after a bloody mess of a cripple in a hospice, our mind doesn't even imagine it. I think you get the gist of what I'm writing. We need to rewire our brain that every woman except for one's wife is totally inaccessible.
Regarding the active imagination, perhaps you can channel for good, like positive fantasy and dreamland while in park so that you don't let it wander?
just my 2 cents.
Hatzlucha Rabba!

Re: Hello everyone! 01 Nov 2016 15:32 #297141

• cordnoy
jewishfiltergeek wrote on 01 Nov 2016 09:01:

YidFromMonsey wrote on 28 Oct 2016 19:39:
Today is day 49, still clean bh but mood sucks, this constant battle is just some days harder than others, wish I could figure out what drives it.

git shabbos dear brothers

Shulem Aleichim Reb Yid,

Congratulations on your clean streak, keep it up B'Hatzlocho! You can figure out what drives it by keeping a log of your day especially when you feel a struggle. I identified my triggers but still don't have a solution to remove what drives it, or the root of the problem as people call it. Everyone is different, but my triggers are: Stress, work related and raising B"H Family with tight finances. Feelings of overwhelmness, low self esteem, feeling like a failure even if I know it's not true. Probably mild depression too. I don't have solutions for my triggers, but I try to channel myself in positive ways, like actively looking for the good Hashem does to me and the world. Thinking about other people (No not about objectiving woman!) Thinking about how I need to appreciate Hashem that I have a wife when others don't, I have healthy kids B"H, while sadly others don't, I have a Job while others I know don't, etc...
Identifying your triggers can help you be aware that Warning, Slippery road ahead, and take a different street.
Hatzlucha Rabba! 
P.s. I once thought moving to Monsey would be my solution, I see it's universal!

When one identifies ten triggers, perhaps it is time to reevaluate and see if there really is perhaps one underlying factor.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Hello everyone! 01 Nov 2016 21:42 #297162

• dm
  • Current streak: 11 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Good advice! Thank you

Re: Hello everyone! 04 Nov 2016 19:53 #297330

• YidFromMonsey
  • Gold Boarder

Have to get this out there, if you're not interested you don't have to read.

This week was a total disaster, going from 52 days clean to 5 days unclean, and all from stupid lusting.

I feel like a total failure and a piece of sh**, falling is one thing but the depth to where I fell - doing things that I didn't do for 4 years but now I'm back at it.

Don't know how I'll get myself to get up once again but shabbos is coming and I will definitely try.

Git shabbos everyone 

Please daven for me as I'm in a real bad place now  

Hello Everyone!

yfm10952@gmail.com

Re: Hello everyone! 04 Nov 2016 20:06 #297332

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry to hear

Shabbos is a time of re-focusing. Maybe printout the handbook to read over Shabbos and put sticky notes where you feel inspired. Some dov quotes too will be fun to read

Then after Shabbos lets keep the momentum going

KEEP ON TRUCKING!!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Hello everyone! 06 Nov 2016 03:30 #297367

• cordnoy
Thanks for the share.

take the next step.

B'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes