Welcome, Guest

Free Choice?!!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Free Choice?!! 38437 Views

Re:i flubbed my Free Choice. 01 Jun 2015 19:34 #255779

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
stillgoing wrote:
That's all fine if I'm just cursing and sometimes stumbling. But for a grown man to go and smash a wall... I feel that it's a new level and I need some emergency measures to fix it! (not the wall, that can wait.)
Get a cement wall, that should fix the problem .

Re:i flubbed my Free Choice. 01 Jun 2015 23:29 #255807

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Ha! There are other things...
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re:i flubbed my Free Choice. 02 Jun 2015 15:24 #255844

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
stillgoing wrote:
But what can I do right now to relieve some of the pressure without the pot exploding.

I recently picked up the guitar. i found it very therapeutic. you can really get into some strong strumming to "let it out" it is not so difficult to learn there are very good free lessons available for beginners on the internet.

Re:i flubbed my Free Choice. 02 Jun 2015 20:55 #255881

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Go for a hike
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re:i flubbed my Free Choice. 02 Jun 2015 22:59 #255908

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
A long walk on a short plank
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re:i flubbed my Free Choice. 02 Jun 2015 23:15 #255910

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
So many good ideas
-Get a cement wall,
-Take a hike,
-let it out
-A long walk on a short plank.
Maybe if try them all.. like taking a long hike on a short cement wall while smashing a rotisserie chicken stuck in a guitar. That should do it.
But serously, Thanks for all of the help. Even the ones that were facetious (i hope) showed me that people care about me and are listing.
yiraishamaim
Are you indeed a danger to others because of your Ka'as?

I don't hurt other people, and I don't often lash out. I usually smile and nod, people know me as a very friendly guy, When I do get angry it happens in seconds, not enough time to grab a guitar, and if I did, I'd probable throw it at the cement wall gibbor built in my house and then take shlomo's plank and send it to serenitys hike.
I guess you are all getting at the same point. When I smile and nod, I'm probably doing the anger version of white knuckling. I've got to find a way to defuse before I get angry.
On that note (d minor) where are those on-line guitar lessons unanumun was talking about? (I think I'll try that before a long walk on a short plank. )
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 02 Jun 2015 23:17 by stillgoing.

Re:i flubbed my Free Choice. 03 Jun 2015 14:43 #255956

• TheBigX90
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I'd like to give a bit of input on this matter as I find that I have this issue sometimes. I can be caused by a lack of communication. sometimes I find that smiling & nodding aren't helping myself rather hurting myself,so therefore I'm trying to fix this problem by being more assertive. Now, I don't mean agressive, I mean to voice your frustration to the other person in a non-biased/non-judgemental way. I agree that this isn't an easy thing to do, but it's alot better than hitting a brick wall.(especially for your hand). That being said, I still do agree with what everyone else said that it may be helpful at that present moment to release the tension. Hatzlocho Rabbo!

Re:i flubbed my Free Choice. 03 Jun 2015 23:02 #255996

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks. Communication is probably a factor. This reminds me of something Serenty wrote earlier on this thread.
Serenty
You may have to find for yourself how to make acceptance and surrender work. This is how it worked for me in the past. I took a deep breath or three. Thought what is the best way for my sobriety to proceed right now? I accepted that the situation I found myself in was the exact the situation that God wanted me to be in that time, in that place and under those circumstances. I realized that fighting the situation I was in was not going to do anything to help me, so I surrendered to it.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re:i flubbed my Free Choice. 04 Jun 2015 14:58 #256041

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
stillgoing wrote:

On that note (d minor) where are those on-line guitar lessons unanumun was talking about? (I think I'll try that before a long walk on a short plank. )

Just in case you were half serious: Here is a great start for free lessons

Re:i flubbed my Free Choice. 04 Jun 2015 23:01 #256086

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Of course  I was half serous. I was even 3/4 serious.  I'm debating because someone offered me an old guitar, but I live in a very crowed home (b"H), so I really don't know where I'd keep it. I may give it a try though. Thanks.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 06 Oct 2016 21:01 by stillgoing.

Re:i flubbed my Free Choice. 04 Jun 2015 23:57 #256088

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1248 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Nice! I've been wanting to do that too. Maybe we can make a band
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re:i flubbed my Free Choice. 05 Jun 2015 02:07 #256099

• shlomo613
  • Platinum Boarder
What would you call the band?

Re: Free Choice?!! 05 Jun 2015 02:13 #256100

• skeptical
Guard Your Ears!

Re: Free Choice?!! 05 Jun 2015 02:15 #256101

• shlomo613
  • Platinum Boarder
Lol

Re:i flubbed my Free Choice. 05 Jun 2015 02:25 #256103

stillgoing wrote:
But what can I do right now to relieve some of the pressure without the pot exploding.

Why are you angry? Are you thinking that something or someone should be different than what they are?
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes