Welcome, Guest

A Journey Without a Name
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: A Journey Without a Name 64961 Views

Re: A Journey Without a Name 06 Jan 2015 21:12 #246686

Shmeichel wrote:
the baal shem tov quotes, that if you didnt have any bad thoughts during the day, then these type of dreams is a very good sign
i know it sounds really strange
in any case, k o t

Actually there's a similar concept in Gemara Brachos 57a:

הבא על אשת איש בחלום מובטח לו שהוא בן העולם הבא וה"מ דלא ידע לה ולא הרהר בה מאורתא
(for translation, please refer to Artscroll)

Re: A Journey Without a Name 06 Jan 2015 21:19 #246689

• Shmeichel
  • Current streak: 980 days
  • Gold Boarder
  • Smiling to YOU!
excellent
so go on and thank hashem for giving you that dream
and also at the same time ask him to please never give you such challenging dreams again!
controversial, no?
when going forward gets tough, its merely a sign that you are going uphill, just give more gas
put your sobriety first; before your wife, before your kids, before your avodas HaTorah (except for the 3 that are יעבור ואל יהרג) Without sobriety you won't have any of those things!

Re: A Journey Without a Name 06 Jan 2015 21:52 #246695

• cordnoy
Wet dreams in your case are of no consequence.

KOT!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: A Journey Without a Name 27 Jan 2015 22:48 #247720

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
So Last week I went on a three day vacation with my wife and took the opportunity to share with her all my struggles and the world of gye that is such a part of my life.

(Before I continue I will just make a disclaimer that I am not suggesting anybody tells their wife. It is a very sensitive topic and each person has to make the decision based on his own situation and relationship with his wife, and after discussions with reliable people that he trusts, as was the case by me.)

I told my wife the first night of the vacation and she took it very well. We spent the next two days discussing everything almost non stop and then continued more discussions after we came home thursday night and through shabbos.
By now, I have shown her most of what I posted on the forums with minor censoring. It really was able to give her an understanding of what I have been going through for years. (She came home one morning this week from bringing the kids to school and said to me "you know something I never really realized how the street is so packed with woman")
It has been a very positive experience for both of us. She was happy that I waited till I was clean for so long before opening up, and so am I.

Some random points that I would like to share:

• From the outset I made it very clear that she had been the normal one all along and it was my sickness that caused my acting out and frustrations between us. I repeated this point again and again over those few days. And I meant it, so she also believed it.
  • Many issues between us relating to our intimate life over the course of our marriage (which had been a beautiful marriage since the beginning) came up and were discussed at length.
  • She was finally able to understand what I was always annoyed about over the years when she wasn't available for me. She shared with me how she always felt when I was frustrated and together we came to a clear understanding of each other's feeling over the last 15 years. Basically she always felt that she could never satisfy me enough and now she understood that it wasn't a problem with her, rather it was due to my strong addiction (or whatever it was) to lust.
  • We both really feel that many barriers between us have been removed and for the first time since shana rishona our relationship is completely opened and honest. We really renewed our relationship to such a deeper level and feel like newlyweds (and the intimacy has intensified accordingly)
  • At first she had a bit of a hard time with the fact that I share so much private information with all my friends on GYE through the forums and private correspondence. But after reading some stuff and seeing the chizzuk I received, as well as through open and honest discussion, she has come to see my relationship with all of you as group therapy. (she does prefer that in our conversations I refer to the oilam as my therapy group and not as my friends, as I tended to refer to you guys. But even "friends" is starting to become more comfortable for her.
  • Since we opened up, we have become very open about what our intimate expectations are. (I keep telling her that she is in charge and I have no expectations. ) We have spent time cuddling without actually doing anything more by choice, probably for the first time since we got married.

I would say more but I just remembered that this is not in the BB section so I hope that what I wrote until here is ok. (If not, that's what the moderators are here for)

I really feel that opening up to her has brought my recovery to completely new levels.
In a certain sense I feel that I have actually reached the point that I am fully recovered. Reading through my previous writings with her I have really come to see how much my outlook has changed through the course of the last 300 days.
I know that I can never be sure that I won't relapse but I hope and feel that between staying in touch with the chevra and being open and honest with my wife, and the Ribbono Shel Oilam's help, I will be able to move only forwards.

Thank you to all of the wonderful members of the GYE community that have been there for me to help me through the hard times, helped me take pride in the good times, and help me change my entire way of thinking.
I really can't find the words to come close to express even a portion of the tremendous gratitude that I feel towards all of you and to the founders of this wonderful website.
My thoughts are with you and I have you in mind in my tefilos. May we all be zoche to tahara and kedusha and be able to deal properly with all Hashem sends us, live life fully and find happiness and contentment with ourselves and our spouses.

!!!חזק חזק ונתחזק
Last Edit: 27 Jan 2015 22:53 by unanumun.

Re: A Journey Without a Name 28 Jan 2015 01:33 #247725

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
So wonderful to hear. I'm glad it went well. You are on a high now, and it should continue. But, it can get tough again, so please don't let your guard down.

Thanks for sharing - my friend .
Last Edit: 28 Jan 2015 01:34 by gibbor120.

Re: A Journey Without a Name 28 Jan 2015 03:31 #247728

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
GEVALDIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: A Journey Without a Name 28 Jan 2015 05:27 #247729

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow. Just wow.
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!

Re: A Journey Without a Name 28 Jan 2015 06:51 #247733

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1248 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm so glad that things worked out in a positive way. May it continue getting better and better.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: A Journey Without a Name 28 Jan 2015 11:30 #247741

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
dear una,
i am truly happy for you. and i would like to echo all of the above sentiments,
i also feel that maybe it would be good to add, that if chas v'sholom you do slip again, think very carefully about sharing it,
in as close as we are to a spouse, there is always a certain amount of acting that goes into a healthy marriage,
and please daven for the rest of us, esp, those who are [feel]stuck
i love you all

Re: A Journey Without a Name 15 Feb 2015 19:19 #248713

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
Today I came to realize that lustfull thoughts will always be a part of me.
I was in a bad mood today and the slightest trigger got me thinking.
Baruch Hashem I was able to move on quickly but it was definitely a rude awakening

Re: A Journey Without a Name 15 Feb 2015 20:28 #248717

• ddmm11219
  • Current streak: 51 days
  • Gold Boarder
yup
...וְאִם גַּם אֶתְאַמֵּץ בְּעֵצוֹת וְתַחְבֻּלוֹת וְכָל יוֹשְׁבֵי תֵבֵל יַעַמְדוּ לִימִינִי לְהוֹשִׁיעֵנִי וְלִתְמֹךְ נַפְשִׁי, מִבַּלְעֲדֵי עֻזְּךָ וְעֶזְרָתְךָ אֵין עֶזְרָה וִישׁוּעָה...‬

מתוך תפילה נפלאה שחיבר הרה"ק רבי מאיר מאפטא זצוק"ל, בעל מחבר ספר "אור לשמים", ונדפסה בתחילת ספרו.

Re: A Journey Without a Name 16 Feb 2015 17:40 #248802

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Bad mood is one of the biggest triggers. That alone was a BIG realization for me.

Re: A Journey Without a Name 16 Mar 2015 17:24 #250619

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeah. Bad moods, people being annoying, situations which seem out of my control: those are triggers. Acting out is a proxy for controlling those things that bother us and defy our will.
0% Tolerance and 100% Self-Forgiveness.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.

Re: A Journey Without a Name 22 Apr 2015 15:02 #252879

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
I see that it has been over two months since i updated my thread. (probably that amount of time since i signed in. I do get all the new posts as emails so I am more or less caught up with what is going on here. Welcome to all the newcomers. Happy to see that so many guys have found their way to GYE.)

In the meantime, I have reached the one year mark with the help of Hashem and all his wonderful shluchim here on GYE.

I am doing well. Mostly lust is off my mind. (I do have to be mechazek myself a bit in shmiras eynayim though) My marriage has been raised to a completely new level since I opened up to my wife.
It has helped be to understand myself better and deal with those things that were causing me to lust, in a much more solid and deeper way.

I have had a difficult time with things the last few days, but I took tremendous chizzuk that this situation would have send me down the proverbial rabbit hole. This time around, I came no where close. which makes me realize even more so, how much I have grown in the last year. My nisyonos during these last few days have been in the areas that i have starting working on once i got my lust under control. So even though I fell back a few notches I had enough of a buffer zone that I didn't get anywhere near lusting.

Thanks again to everyone. KOT!!!!

Re: A Journey Without a Name 22 Apr 2015 16:05 #252885

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1248 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel Tov!!! KUTGW!!!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes